PDA

View Full Version : Newt is a Republican first and a Conservative last

HogTrash
11-02-2009, 09:50 AM
The author of this article makes no attempt to hide her liberal bias.
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/11/02/palins-gop-brand-exclusionary-and-short-sighted-but-who-will/#addcomments

Jill Lawrence
Columnist
Palin's GOP Brand: Exclusionary and Short-Sighted, but Who Will Stop It?
Posted: 11/2/09

It's one thing when Sarah Palin "goes rogue" as a candidate campaigning for herself and her running mate. It's another thing entirely when she does it as the charismatic, free-lance leader of a grassroots army.

There's a direct line between Palin, the most famous Republican to endorse conservative third-party congressional candidate Doug Hoffman in Tuesday's special election in New York, and moderate Republican assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava's stunning decision Saturday to suspend her campaign.

Hoffman could well win, giving short-term succor to the GOP and Palin's exclusionary, storm-the-barricades brand of Republicanism. And who knows when and where this will stop -- or where it will lead? It has all the elements of a runaway train, and very few Republicans are willing to step in front of it.

Palin of course has every right to get involved in races and mobilize support for her picks. But the stampede among top Republicans to follow Palin's lead, or at least flee to the sidelines, has been embarrassing. To my thinking, the guy who came out looking best here was Newt Gingrich; I can't believe I just wrote that, but I'll explain later.

Hog says;
Newt Gingrich endorsed the GOP backed non-conservative, Republican assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava as the New York congressional candidate, over a true conservative third party candidate, Doug Hoffman...Scozzafava is pro abortion, gay marriage, voted for the stimulus and even said she would consider switching over to the Democrat Party after the election...She has now dropped out of the race and is endorsing the Democrat candidate...I'm sorry Newt but you have lost my support...I have always suspected you were a "Party first" politician.

Their is no room in my politics for someone who places their party before their principles...But Sarah Palin, on the other hand, stepped outside the Republican Party and threw her support behind a third party true conservative candidate, Doug Hoffman, in the New York congressional race...I respect that...Sarah has courage and character...This dedication to doing the right thing for America, despite party affiliation, is what has been lacking in American politics...This is why both Democrats and Republicans fear her.

Sarah Palin is an extraordinary woman and a force to be reckoned with...Those with simple minds have been manipulated by a hostile, agenda driven, left-wing media to underestimate her intelligence...This is obvious by the fear of Mrs Palin as demonstraited by the liberal hatred for her...Her enemies belittle her as an idiot bimbo, but their fear and continuing attacks indicate their doubts about what they have had drilled into their heads by so-called "journalist" like Katie Couric.

I also sense fear from the Republican Party establishment...Palin is a threat to the lacksy daisy conservatism that the GOP hierarchy falsely claims to represent...She has proven she is not afraid to step outside the party lines and promote a true conservative over a party endorsed candidate...I believe Sarah Palin will be shaking things up in the political world and the GOP for many years...She will have my support as long as she remains faithful to her conservatve values...YOU GO GIRL!

stephanie
11-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Conservatives, time to take the Republican party back from the DemoRATS lite (Rinos)..or start our own party?

we don't care what the lefties and the lamestream media say about us being, racist, extremist, etc, etc...we know they aren't true so screw them all..

If we wanted to be like a DemoRat we would join their damn party..

now lets Roll..:salute:

crin63
11-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Conservatives, time to take the Republican party back from the DemoRATS lite (Rinos)..or start our own party?

we don't care what the lefties and the lamestream media say about us being, racist, extremist, etc, etc...we know they aren't true so screw them all..

If we wanted to be like a DemoRat we would join their damn party..

now lets Roll..:salute:

I love the fire in them words!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stephanie again.

Somebody rep her for me!!!

cat slave
11-02-2009, 11:08 AM
The author of this article makes no attempt to hide her liberal bias.
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/11/02/palins-gop-brand-exclusionary-and-short-sighted-but-who-will/#addcomments

Hog says;
Newt Gingrich endorsed the GOP backed non-conservative, Republican assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava as the New York congressional candidate, over a true conservative third party candidate, Doug Hoffman...Scozzafava is pro abortion, gay marriage, voted for the stimulus and even said she would consider switching over to the Democrat Party after the election...She has now dropped out of the race and is endorsing the Democrat candidate...I'm sorry Newt but you have lost my support...I have always suspected you were a "Party first" politician.

Their is no room in my politics for someone who places their party before their principles...But Sarah Palin, on the other hand, stepped outside the Republican Party and threw her support behind a third party true conservative candidate, Doug Hoffman, in the New York congressional race...I respect that...Sarah has courage and character...This dedication to doing the right thing for America, despite party affiliation, is what has been lacking in American politics...This is why both Democrats and Republicans fear her.

Sarah Palin is an extraordinary woman and a force to be reckoned with...Those with simple minds have been manipulated by a hostile, agenda driven, left-wing media to underestimate her intelligence...This is obvious by the fear of Mrs Palin as demonstraited by the liberal hatred for her...Her enemies belittle her as an idiot bimbo, but their fear and continuing attacks indicate their doubts about what they have had drilled into their heads by so-called "journalist" like Katie Couric.

I also sense fear from the Republican Party establishment...Palin is a threat to the lacksy daisy conservatism that the GOP hierarchy falsely claims to represent...She has proven she is not afraid to step outside the party lines and promote a true conservative over a party endorsed candidate...I believe Sarah Palin will be shaking things up in the political world and the GOP for many years...She will have my support as long as she remains faithful to her conservatve values...YOU GO GIRL!

Conservative and Republican are no longer words that can be used
interchangeably. I had always really liked Newt but hes wandering all over
the place now and off my list of credible sources or opinions.

cat slave
11-02-2009, 11:09 AM
P.S. GO SARAH!!!!! We are with you girlfriend.:clap:

Kathianne
11-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I love the fire in them words!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stephanie again.

Somebody rep her for me!!!

Tried, but can't.

cat slave
11-04-2009, 02:12 AM
I dont know how to.........or I would.

11-04-2009, 11:04 AM
i say we should take back the Republican party.

HogTrash
11-05-2009, 03:11 PM
i say we should take back the Republican party.The only way to take the party back is to show the GOP we will not vote for their non-conservative candidates.

The Republican Party must represent conservative values and policies or we will take our votes somewhere else.