PDA

View Full Version : Bethel and No Fox News

sgtdmski
11-03-2009, 05:03 AM
Well, the last time I was here in 2007 the local cable company did not offer Fox News. Well it is now 2009 and guess what still NO FOX NEWS!!!!!

I am pissed. I am going to find out how to contact GCI and complain, complain and complain.

I do not understand how Fox News cannot be offered anywhere? It is the Number 1 rated Cable News Network, in fact it holds the top 12 spots if I am not mistaken.

I am going to question GCI about this third tier treatment they are giving me. Why should I be forced to watch CNN, MSNBC or NBC during primetime. If I wanted to watch lower tier programming I would have installed an antennae and not paid for Cable,

Once I get the contact info, I am going to start emailing them, I will post it here and ask that you email them too. Let's turn up the heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmk

Gaffer
11-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Do you have satellite as an option there? Sounds like your cable company needs some serious competition.

gabosaurus
11-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Have you called your cable company and inquired? Perhaps Fox is not offering the feed.

NightTrain
11-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Out in those western villages you're stuck with 100% satellite feeds.

They have it out there, Sgt. You just have the basic package at your hotel like I had out in King Salmon - let me guess, you have about 13 channels, right?

Your hotel needs to bump up their subscription. Alaska is heavily conservative, so GCI deliberately keeps FOX out of the basic package to prompt customers to throw more coin their way. I know you can get all the channels you want, the system I installed at Red Dog Mine (80 miles north of Kotzebue) has over 200 channels using Dish Network.

Good luck with bitching at GCI, I know from experience that they have horrific customer service - I'm using them right now :D