PDA

View Full Version : VT Killer an Islamist Sympathizer

glockmail
04-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Sources also told the Tribune about the strange inscription on one of Cho's arms — the words "ISMAIL AX" in red ink.
The reference may be to the Biblical sacrifice of Abraham, in which God commands the patriarch to sacrifice his own son. Abraham begins to comply, but God intervenes at the last moment to save the boy.
In the Jewish and Christian traditions, the son is Isaac, father of the Jewish people; in Islam, it is his older half-brother, Ismail, or Ishmael in Hebrew.
Abraham uses a knife in most versions of the story, but some accounts have him wielding an ax.
A more obscure reference may be to a passage in the Koran referring to Abraham's destruction of pagan idols; in some accounts, he uses an ax to do so.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266523,00.html

Gunny
04-18-2007, 07:36 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266523,00.html

That dude's head was so screwed up I doubt he even knew WHAT was tattooed on his arm.

I was listening to his roommates last night describe his behavior, then a counselor who tutored him because he had to be removed from the classroom for taking pictures under desks and making other students "uncomfortable."

He had an imaginary brother and an imaginary girlfriend, slept with the lights on, and hardly spoke to anyone in a year. He wrote two different plays that were whacko as Hell, and reeked of hatred, and anger and frustration.

To bad it's politically incorrect nowadays to call a blooming whacko a blooming whacko. Might have prevented this.

Nuc
04-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Knucklehead that's a Jewish story! So he's a Jewish sympathizer or maybe a Christian sympathizer as much or more than an Islamic one. Or maybe he's just a nuthead. Do you have serious comprehension problems? Maybe you should go in for some remedial reading courses.

glockmail
04-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Knucklehead that's a Jewish story! So he's a Jewish sympathizer or maybe a Christian sympathizer as much or more than an Islamic one. Or maybe he's just a nuthead. Do you have serious comprehension problems? Maybe you should go in for some remedial reading courses. The story of Abraham is in the OT as well as the Koran. In the Koran, he uses an ax. :slap:

glockmail
04-18-2007, 08:04 AM
That dude's head was so screwed up I doubt he even knew WHAT was tattooed on his arm.

.... .

He was a senior english major, so he obviously knew what he wrote on his own arm in red pen (not a tat).

Gunny
04-18-2007, 08:53 AM
He was a senior english major, so he obviously knew what he wrote on his own arm in red pen (not a tat).

Possessing knowledge does not equate to psychological stability nor maturity. Acting on emotion does not negate factual knowledge.

Ted Bundy was intelligent enough to argue his own case in court and was commended by the judge on his ability to do so. Right before sentencing him to death for being a predatory serial murderer.

This guy was so obsessed with perceived class bias, his own ompotence, and hatred for male figures in authority, I seriously doubt he had time for religion.

Dilloduck
04-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Possessing knowledge does not equate to psychological stability nor maturity. Acting on emotion does not negate factual knowledge.

Ted Bundy was intelligent enough to argue his own case in court and was commended by the judge on his ability to do so. Right before sentencing him to death for being a predatory serial murderer.

This guy was so obsessed with perceived class bias, his own ompotence, and hatred for male figures in authority, I seriously doubt he had time for religion.

The guy was mentally ill. Americans are notoriously poor in being able to accept and treat it. Let' see if this changes anything. I have my doubts.

04-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I am still not convinced he was mentally ill rather than just evil.

loosecannon
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM

BINGO!!!!!!! We have a winner.

The guy was a nutcase.

It makes no diff if he was a Jewish nutcase or a Muslim nutcase.

The religion played no role in his insanity induced criminal behavior.

loosecannon
04-18-2007, 11:40 AM

Is there any such thing as people who are just evil? I mean with no other contributing factors?

Between genetics, environmental factors and God's role in making him, how much of himself was self created?

04-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Is there any such thing as people who are just evil? I mean with no other contributing factors?

Between genetics, environmental factors and God's role in making him, how much of himself was self created?

Everyone experiences negative factors in life. No environment is perfect. No genetic code is perfect.

We choose our own destiny.

manu1959
04-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Is there any such thing as people who are just evil?

given some of the people i have seen post here that is an a priori post if i have ever seen one

Gunny
04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Everyone experiences negative factors in life. No environment is perfect. No genetic code is perfect.

We choose our own destiny.

Based on what I've seen and read, this dude was molested by his stepfather which would explain his hatred for male authority figures. He was from a low-income family, so had a hatred of what he labelled spoiled, rich students.

And from his roommates and what the counselor who tutored him said, one can figure one whacked out dude.

We only choose our own destiny if our thought process allows us to.

Dilloduck
04-18-2007, 12:27 PM

My exact point-----Americans are in major denial and ignorance regarding mental illness

Samantha
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
LOL! It's both funny and sad at the same time to see the right wing extremists scramble to find a way to blame this on Islam.

Pathetic.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 12:42 PM
LOL! It's both funny and sad at the same time to see the right wing extremists scramble to find a way to blame this on Islam.

Pathetic.

They didn't scramble quicker than the left wing extremists trying it blame it on guns.

Dilloduck
04-18-2007, 12:46 PM

Pathetic.

And what about us conservatives who KNOW it's mental illness--gonna toss us into to mix too?

Gunny
04-18-2007, 12:48 PM
And what about us conservatives who KNOW it's mental illness--gonna toss us into to mix too?

Yes. You are a scrambler, Dillo.:laugh2:

Dilloduck
04-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Yes. You are a scrambler, Dillo.:laugh2:

and a damn accurate one at that !! Hide and watch America be unable or unwilling to address the problem of dangerous, untreated mental illness--AGAIN.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 02:16 PM
and a damn accurate one at that !! Hide and watch America be unable or unwilling to address the problem of dangerous, untreated mental illness--AGAIN.

Wouldn't that require labelling crazy people "crazy"?

manu1959
04-18-2007, 02:19 PM

Pathetic.

not me i know it was the gun's fault....oh and health care....

manu1959
04-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't that require labelling crazy people "crazy"?

we could call them sanity challenged?............nah lets just call em liberals

Trigg
04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
............nah lets just call em liberals

:clap: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
They didn't scramble quicker than the left wing extremists trying it blame it on guns.

Absolutely brilliant comeback, Sir! :clap:

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 02:30 PM

Yes, and I believe I was one of those who suggested yesterday that he was probably abused as a child.

You know the saying: Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

glockmail
04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
BINGO!!!!!!! We have a winner.

The guy was a nutcase.

It makes no diff if he was a Jewish nutcase or a Muslim nutcase.

The religion played no role in his insanity induced criminal behavior. One could use the same argument and determine that bin Laden or Hitler were insane. Does not matter.

glockmail
04-18-2007, 04:04 PM

Pathetic.

He wrote about it on his arm in RED INK. That should give the sane among us a clue to his motive. It's sad to see Liberals deny reality.

Samantha
04-18-2007, 08:37 PM
They didn't scramble quicker than the left wing extremists trying it blame it on guns.Actually the quickest scramblers were the right wing NRA activists who called out for students on college campuses to carry guns!

Greeeeaaaaaat idea.

Samantha
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
He wrote about it on his arm in RED INK. That should give the sane among us a clue to his motive. It's sad to see Liberals deny reality.
That's not proven, that's just rumor and speculation. There has been no credible source saying he was a Muslim.

Do you know how many Muslims there are in South Korea?

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Actually the quickest scramblers were the right wing NRA activists who called out for students on college campuses to carry guns!

Greeeeaaaaaat idea.

It is a great idea. But it wasn't brought up as quickly as the ban guns rhetoric, which started as events were still unfolding.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Actually the quickest scramblers were the right wing NRA activists who called out for students on college campuses to carry guns!

Greeeeaaaaaat idea.

Yeah they did. Nobody beats the "blame the gun" crowd.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
We don't yet know if he was Muslim, but NBC did report that his "manifesto" contained a lot of anti-Christian ranting.

My guess is he was more the godless type than Muslim.

lily
04-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Ok, I'll bite. You titled this thread VT Killer an Islamist Sympathizer . You also seem to think that Ismail ax has something to do with Isam and this nutso.......so fill me in, what is the connection?

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 11:14 PM
We don't yet know if he was Muslim, but NBC did report that his "manifesto" contained a lot of anti-Christian ranting.

My guess is he was more the godless type than Muslim.

Based on what i have read so far I tend to agree. It's looking more and more like he was just plain wacko and not affiliated with any ideology. But these days I would definately look first for a muslim tie.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Based on what i have read so far I tend to agree. It's looking more and more like he was just plain wacko and not affiliated with any ideology. But these days I would definately look first for a muslim tie.

I'd say that these days, you are playing good odds.

lily
04-18-2007, 11:52 PM
"I will die...like Jesus Christ."

Doesn't sound like much of a Muslim to me.........and just how many Muslims are Korean?

manu1959
04-19-2007, 12:03 AM

Doesn't sound like much of a Muslim to me.........and just how many Muslims are Korean?

http://www.islamawareness.net/Asia/KoreaSouth/

not many....

glockmail
04-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Ok, I'll bite. You titled this thread VT Killer an Islamist Sympathizer . You also seem to think that Ismail ax has something to do with Isam and this nutso.......so fill me in, what is the connection?

The story of Abraham, in which God commands the patriarch to sacrifice his own son, is similar in the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic traditions. In the Jewish and Christian traditions, the son is Isaac, father of the Jewish people; in Islam, it is his older half-brother, Ismail, or Ishmael in Hebrew. Different son, different spelling, both are Islamic references, and that is what Cho wrote on his arm.

In the Jewish and Christian traditions, Abraham uses a knife. Animal sacrifices were done by slitting the throat and bleeding out the victim. Some Islamic accounts have him using an ax. But this passage does not explain Cho’s killing of 32 unrelated people.

An obscure passage in the Koran refers to Abraham's destruction of pagan idols; in some accounts, he uses an ax to do so. I believe this is what Cho was referring to when he wrote ”Ismail Ax” on his arm in red ink.

glockmail
04-19-2007, 06:18 AM

The story of Jesus is well respected in the Islamic faith. Cho's race is irrelevant.

Nuc
04-19-2007, 06:29 AM

One of the main problems in Korea and a great part of its national identity crisis it the unfortunate abandonment of its Buddhist heritage in favor of Christianity. Islam is not a factor there. Any country that abandons Buddhism (see Indonesia, India and Korea) ends up in a far worse place. It's a bad move.