PDA

View Full Version : *Shootings In Texas Military Base*

chesswarsnow
11-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. We just now had a shooting in Kileen Texas, Fort Hood Base, not far from here.
2. 7 Dead, 20 injured.
3. Three shooters, One enemy captured.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

11-05-2009, 04:40 PM
The big question now is why? was it a terrorist plot or something else?

gabosaurus
11-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Here is a more coherent version of what CheeseWars was attempting to say in his normally garbled style.
Unfortunately, the gunman was a soldier and not a Muslim. I am sure this will break Cheesey's heart.
Sources: www.tdtnews.com (Temple Texas)
www.kdhnews.com (Killeen Herald)
www.wacotrib.com (Waco)
www.statesman.com (Austin)

FORT HOOD — At least 12 people were killed and more than 30 wounded in shootings at Fort Hood, officials said.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone said one of the shooters who was killed on site was a soldier, and two suspects detained in the shootings were soldiers.

Department of Emergency Services officials at Fort Hood confirmed at about 1:30 p.m. more than one shooter fired shots into the Soldiers Readiness Processing Center and Howze Theater on Fort Hood.

Fort Hood officials could not confirm the number of wounded, a press release said.

Scott & White Memorial Hospital, where the casualties will be taken, is calling for donations of all blood types. The hospital’s blood mobiles have been moved to the front of the hospital to hasten donations.

At 2 p.m. it was reported that Soldier’s Dome was not safe as a staging area for emergency responders who were en route.

“I was here for a 2 p.m. graduation,”Retired Army Col. Greg Schannep said. “A I drove up, I heard some shots. A soldier came running past me and said ‘sir there is someone shooting.’

“As he ran past me I saw blood on his back. I don’t think he even knew he had been shot. He has since been treated and should be OK,” he said.

“I can tell you there are casualties,” Schannep said.

“I heard three or four volleys of shots with eight to 12 shots in each volley. Initially, I thought it was a training exercise,” he said.

John Fisher, Bell County commissioner for the precinct that includes Killeen, said the shooters were wearing military clothing, but was not sure if they were military. He heard reports that the shooting started in a barracks and spilled over into a PX.

One ambulance reported four patients on board while en route to Fort Hood.

Another dispatch from an ambulance indicated one of the injured was a 24-year-old male with injuries to his abdomen and left arm. A 28-year-old pregnant woman was also transported to the hospital, but the report indicated she was suffering a possible anxiety attack.

Temple and Belton school districts went into a “soft lockdown” Thursday following the incident at Fort Hood.

TISD spokeswoman Regina Baird said the district was asked by the Temple Police Department to go into the lockdown, and that traffic coming in and out at the school was going to be limited.

Temple PD spokesman Brad Hunt said dismissal times at the school were going to remain the same as usual, and that the lockdown was a precaution because of the incident.

Hunt could not elaborate on any information he had about the incident, but did say there would be more officers on campus.

A spokeswoman for the Killeen ISD said all campuses located on post were on lockdown, which means no one in and no one out.

Elementary schools had early release and those children departed before the incident. Children in after-school programs are being held on Fort Hood campuses until further notice, as are middle school students on the post.

Students who would normally be transported from an off-post school to Fort Hood are being held in their off-post campuses.

All Killeen ISD activities for Thursday were canceled, including the Copperas Cove-Harker Heights football game scheduled for 7 p.m. at Leo Buckley Stadium.

Texas A&M-Central Texas locations were all canceled for Thursday.

Temple Fire & Rescue have sent three engines and 11 staff members to Fort Hood, according to Thomas Pechal, spokesman for Temple Fire & Rescue. The Temple SWAT team is on alert.

Kathianne
11-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Good post, one observation. There are Muslim soldiers serving in the military, from all reports I've not heard the name of the shooter or the two under arrest, on the contrary seems they are trying to ascertain the degree, if any of conspiracy and whether or not there was ideology involved.

Remember the Ft Dix plot? (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10089947)

Remember this? (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641084723)

I'm waiting until more is in, whether or not Muslim my heart breaks for the fallen, their family, the wounded and all on the base.

Kathianne
11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Hearing now he's a major, from VA, was going to be deployed. Convert to Islam. 2 more in custody, being questioned. Seems there are eyewitness accounts of multiple shooters.

Kathianne
11-05-2009, 05:43 PM
http://www.13wham.com/mostpopular/story/12-Soldiers-Killed-31-Wounded-in-Fort-Hood/xyHfzhZUlE2IqirNcLUmcg.cspx

Fort Hood, Texas (ABC) - Twelve people have been killed and 31 wounded in a shooting spree at a Texas military base by what officials believe was possibly carried out by an Army officer.

The suspected gunman was identified by ABC News as Major Malik Nadal Hasan.

Kathianne
11-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I want to say that we can't discriminate against Muslim soldiers, however the military should take greater care, as they have with other minorities that may become angry.

11-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Interesting that they should pick today of all days to commit a terrorist attack.

Noir
11-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Interesting that they should pick today of all days to commit a terrorist attack.

Is today a special day in Amercia?

Kathianne
11-05-2009, 06:17 PM
A TX Congressman, Carter is saying he was told by someone at Ft. Hood that the two other soldiers were released, they are looking for another suspect.

The dead guy was supposedly a mental health care professional.

Kathianne
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Now being reported he was a psychiatrist. Another TX Congressman saying that they have caught the suspect they were looking for.

Gaffer
11-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Something tells me the official government report will be "it's only swamp gas", nothing to see here folks move along. He's only a minority. Just an individual acting on his own. Only the poor and uneducated in the muslim community do this sort of thing.

The government line will change at least three times before they settle on a pc explanation of things.

Kathianne
11-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Something tells me the official government report will be "it's only swamp gas", nothing to see here folks move along. He's only a minority. Just an individual acting on his own. Only the poor and uneducated in the muslim community do this sort of thing.

The government line will change at least three times before they settle on a pc explanation of things.

I'm waiting to hear the news conference. They've released the two suspects, but I heard they found a third they were looking for.

Heard that Hasan has always been Muslim. Has had bad things to say about US policies for over 6 months.

Gaffer
11-05-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm waiting to hear the news conference. They've released the two suspects, but I heard they found a third they were looking for.

Heard that Hasan has always been Muslim. Has had bad things to say about US policies for over 6 months.

Just heard from my son-in-law. Our friend, who's stationed at Hood, is okay. I thought about him when I first read about this.

I don't expect the government to admit it but this has islam written all over it.

Kathianne
11-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Just heard from my son-in-law. Our friend, who's stationed at Hood, is okay. I thought about him when I first read about this.

I don't expect the government to admit it but this has islam written all over it.

Do you think the military would cover up if more guns than the two he had were involved? Sounds like an awful lot of shooting for one guy.

hjmick
11-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Sounds like an awful lot of shooting for one guy.

Not really. It all depends on the gun, the capacity of the magazine, how many preloaded magazines he had. Reloading a semi-automatic handgun takes second if your mags are redy to go. Back in '91, a civilian walked into a Luby's restaurant in Killeen and killed 23 people.

Gaffer
11-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Do you think the military would cover up if more guns than the two he had were involved? Sounds like an awful lot of shooting for one guy.

I think things will not be released to prevent anti-muslim actions. They will keep a lid on it. If witnesses say there was more than one shooter then there probably was. It's conceivable he was the only one. He would have had to reload at least once, probably more.

They need to seriously check out what mosque he attended and who he associated with. If he was alone he was acting on the call for individual jihad and following the koran.

hjmick
11-05-2009, 08:38 PM
If he had two guns, reloading each one once would be all it took.

Gaffer
11-05-2009, 08:47 PM
If he had two guns, reloading each one once would be all it took.

True, depending on what he had. And reloading would have been a breeze until the police showed up.

chesswarsnow
11-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Sorry bout that,

CWN REPORTS:

1. My heart felt condolenses go out the the innocent victims of this islamic event of murder and chaos.
2. I feel so sorry for those caught up in this, its difficult to put into words.
3. I saw the news flash around 3 pm, and reported it here, as soon as I heard.
4. The shooter was and is a muslim corpse.
5. He took others life, in pursuit of his cult book, and acted on the teachings within it, the Saudi Ocultocracy is to blame, and its teachings within their book.
6. He followed the cult book, and killed!
7, Murdering innocent people, just like 911, Cole, Beruit, Egypt, Jews during the Olympics, Jews in Israel everyday.
8. This is reality folks, and isn't going to stop.
9. This muslims name is/was: Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a person who helps others with personal problems, as a Army psychiatrist.
10. For Gods sake, lets get rid of islam in America, its real folks, you need to open your eyes.
11. I don't like to have to say it, but we are bringing this on oursleves, if only this Nation would listen to me, things could be changed for the better.
12. But to too many here and across the planet, I'm the raving idiot.
13. Link and a sample:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

"An Army psychiatrist opened fire Thursday at Fort Hood, Texas, killing 12 people and wounding 30 others before being shot to death, officials told NBC News.

Eleven of the victims died at the scene, military officials said. A 12th died later at a hospital, NBC station KCEN-TV of Waco reported.

NBC News’ Pete Williams reported that U.S. officials identified the gunman as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, an Army psychiatrist who had been promoted to major in May. Defense officials said Hasan, 39, arrived at Fort Hood in July after practicing for six years at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, which included a fellowship in disaster and preventive psychiatry.

Hasan was scheduled to be deployed to Iraq on Nov. 28, officials said. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said military officials had told her that Hasan was “pretty upset” about his deployment orders. "

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
He's not dead, shot multiple times, but in stable condition.

The civilian, female officer, is also alive. Just out of surgery and also stable.

News conference still ongoing.

chesswarsnow
11-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

He's not dead, shot multiple times, but in stable condition.

The civilian, female officer, is also alive. Just out of surgery and also stable.

News conference still ongoing.

1. Thats good and bad news, we can find out the whole truth now, why he did this.
2. But at the same time, we tax payers have to pay the hospital bills to keep him alive.
3. May have been better that he should of died.
4. I already know why he did it.
5. The worst thing about all this on the surface is, he's a psychiatrist!
6. I guess I should of posted this in my *Rant Section* WOT?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
11-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Nice rush to judgment, Cheesey. Of course, you are off base in your fanatical hatred.
My best friend Beth, who lives in Austin, has been listening to news report. One constant is that the psychiatrist, a military lifer, had been extremely disturbed by combat fatigue and had a great fear of being sent to Iraq and Afghanistan. When he was told he was be deployed, he snapped.
It wasn't a terrorist plot or anything political. Just a sick person who snapped.

chesswarsnow
11-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

Nice rush to judgment, Cheesey. Of course, you are off base in your fanatical hatred.
My best friend Beth, who lives in Austin, has been listening to news report. One constant is that the psychiatrist, a military lifer, had been extremely disturbed by combat fatigue and had a great fear of being sent to Iraq and Afghanistan. When he was told he was be deployed, he snapped.
It wasn't a terrorist plot or anything political. Just a sick person who snapped.

1. So what makes your friend an expert?
2. And can she post some of her expert thoughts on all this?
3. I think your pills are talking again doggie girl.
4. He never has been deployed, so he can't have *Battle Fatigue*
5. This is a PC free zone.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
11-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Sorry bout that,

5. This is a PC free zone.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Good, Yer a DUMB ASS!! How's that for PC free?

Jeff
11-06-2009, 04:44 AM

Just a thought but maybe if Obama had sent the 40,000 extra troops as asked for by the General these guys wouldn't be snapping, but with that said I guess there is no way to truly understand what makes a man or woman snap

chesswarsnow
11-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Sorry bout that,

Good, Yer a DUMB ASS!! How's that for PC free?

1. Whys that?
2. This should be entertaining.:laugh2:
3. Your geezer factor is showing.
4. Seeing this is a serious topic and all, all you can think to do is pointlessly attack CWN.
5. You lost it.
6. Understood.
7. What I find disturbing, and disgusting, too, is Mr. Prick can't say anything good or to honor his fellow soldiers, but only attacks CWN.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

crin63
11-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Of course the shootings were because he is a muslim. He didn't want to be deployed where he would be opposing other muslims.

Retired Col. Terry Lee, who said he worked with Hasan at Fort Hood, told Fox News the gunman believed Muslims should not be fighting Muslims.

At a conference, according to Lee, Hasan said Muslims should stand up and "fight against the aggressors."

Lee said that at first, he and his colleagues thought Hasan meant that Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan should join forces with the U.S.

But, based on other comments Hasan made, it became clear he was encouraging Muslims to resist U.S. forces, Lee said.

Hasan told colleagues the U.S. should not be in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to Lee, and he expressed happiness about the shooting of two soldiers by a Muslim convert outside an Arkansas recruiting center in June.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=115137

gabosaurus
11-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Just to change the subject, I was encouraged how well the military reacted in the wake of the Fort Hood tragedy. There are stories of wounded soldiers disregarding their injuries to help others. The military disaster plan was executed exactly according to plan.
More proof that the U.S. military is the finest trained fighting force in the world.

gabosaurus
11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Also, check out the outstanding coverage of the tragedy in the local media. They do a great job of separate fact from rumor and getting all the news available to their readers.
This is why I prefer reading news from the local sources, as opposed to second hand in the national news.

http://www.kdhnews.com/

chesswarsnow
11-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. This was a terrorrist muslim, who did what his ocult book told him to do.
2. More info's coming out.
3. *More*:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_on_re_us/us_fort_hood_shooting

"Soldiers reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire Thursday, said Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, the base commander."

4. Case closed, he was following his ocult book.
5. This thread isn't seeing a lot of defence for this muslim, of what took place yesterday.
6. No one here is going to, huh?
7. Again, once this all passes, then people will, thats a shame.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

LiberalNation
11-08-2009, 12:17 PM
this story has been really interesting to watch develop. Way more exciting than the healthcare boredom.

chesswarsnow
11-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Sorry bout that,

this story has been really interesting to watch develop. Way more exciting than the healthcare boredom.

1. So what have you learned while you have been watching this interestedly?
2. And are you pleased with what took place with healthcare last night, when you were all *interested* with the ocults shooting story?

Regards,
SirJamesoftexas