PDA

View Full Version : The future of countries, TED talk

Noir
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Tis a most interesting talk

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRWTyUVh0BQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRWTyUVh0BQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

stephanie
11-05-2009, 09:44 PM
who is Parag Khana and why should I care?

Noir
11-05-2009, 09:52 PM
He gives lectures on globalization, economics and the interactions between states and nations, though I am not sure of his academic credentials,

You don't have to care, and i'm not saying you should, just trying to share an interesting lecture to anyone who may be interested in such topics, as i am,

stephanie
11-05-2009, 10:01 PM
He gives lectures on globalization, economics and the interactions between states and nations, though I am not sure of his academic credentials,

You don't have to care, and i'm not saying you should, just trying to share an interesting lecture to anyone who may be interested in such topics, as i am,

so how is that globalization thing working out for your country?

Noir
11-05-2009, 10:06 PM

Erm, well, Globalization is happening in every country, so its effecting the USA just as it is the UK, an obvious example of this is the current credit cruch, which has been brought about by Globalization,

So why ask me how it is working out, when you could just ask yourself?

Pericles
11-11-2009, 10:28 AM

If you've ever bragged to a friend about how you got something so cheap at Wal-Mart, then you've voted for globalization with your wallet.

Nukeman
11-12-2009, 08:18 AM
If you've ever bragged to a friend about how you got something so cheap at Wal-Mart, then you've voted for globalization with your wallet.
Try to avoid wal-mart for that very reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NightTrain
11-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Try to avoid wal-mart for that very reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. When I go to walmart it's because I'm out of options and I'm looking at driving 50 miles to Anchorage.