PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't the Pentagon using this technology to protect our soldiers?

Joyful HoneyBee
11-05-2009, 09:26 PM
<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/largeplayer011008/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='undefined' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=011008&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=&referralObject=11331932&referralPlaylistId=playlist' />

Mr. P
11-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Bring em all home and it's a non-issue.

gabosaurus
11-06-2009, 12:18 PM

Thank you Mr. P.

Joyful HoneyBee
11-06-2009, 06:59 PM

Thank you Mr. P.

Bringing 'em all home is fine with me, but for now they are there and they need all the protection they can get. They deserve all the best equipment and supplies at the disposal of the Pentagon until they can get home.

jimnyc
11-06-2009, 08:57 PM

Thank you Mr. P.

If Obama is going to sit on his decision for so damn long, then I agree, get the troops out of harms way. They asked for additional troops a LONG time ago and have seen nothing to help their job over there. Obama - either shit or get off the pot.

Personally, I say bring them home now regardless. If anything else needs done over there, have it done by our Air Force by dropping bombs.

Kathianne
11-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Seems that the defense department should 'err on the side of caution' and add it.

CSM
11-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Bottom line is money. If it's not in the budget, the military doesn't get it.

The budgetting process for the military is usually planned 5 years ahead of time because that is CONGRESS requires; so essentially they require the military to predict what they need 5 years ahead of time. Add in all the pork our elected officials like to add plus the special interest crap and the budgetting process for the military is one of the most screwed up endeavors you have ever seen.

Joyful HoneyBee
11-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Bottom line is money. If it's not in the budget, the military doesn't get it.

The budgetting process for the military is usually planned 5 years ahead of time because that is CONGRESS requires; so essentially they require the military to predict what they need 5 years ahead of time. Add in all the pork our elected officials like to add plus the special interest crap and the budgetting process for the military is one of the most screwed up endeavors you have ever seen.

I'm sure they must build contingency into those budgets though, and this one certainly would fall into appropriate criteria to qualify for contingency funds. Two thousand bucks per device is a small price to pay to save the lives and limbs of our soldiers. I have no doubt it would be much less costly to equip those Humvees with this device than to pay off life insurance policies and render health care to injured soldiers for the rest of their lives. Those things should most definitely be taken into account when appropriating funds related to equipping our troops.

If all the moms and dads, wives and husbands, brothers and sisters, cousins and grandparents of our troops were aware of this and barraged the pentagon with calls, they might be motivated to FIND the funds for this.

Still, my first choice is to bring them home, don't send any more; but until that happens...this needs to be integrated into the plan.

CSM
11-09-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm sure they must build contingency into those budgets though, and this one certainly would fall into appropriate criteria to qualify for contingency funds. Two thousand bucks per device is a small price to pay to save the lives and limbs of our soldiers. I have no doubt it would be much less costly to equip those Humvees with this device than to pay off life insurance policies and render health care to injured soldiers for the rest of their lives. Those things should most definitely be taken into account when appropriating funds related to equipping our troops.

If all the moms and dads, wives and husbands, brothers and sisters, cousins and grandparents of our troops were aware of this and barraged the pentagon with calls, they might be motivated to FIND the funds for this.

Still, my first choice is to bring them home, don't send any more; but until that happens...this needs to be integrated into the plan.

Actually, there isn't a lot of "contingency" built in. That gets sucked up by the "pork-mongers" (better known as Congress). I don't like it, but that is the way it is. In fact, it is that very same Congress that sets the rules fgor the budget process. Don't get me wrong, some of the rules and process make sense; certainly the efforts to prevent corruption and fraud are necessary. Others are just pure crap.

crin63
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
We should give our troops the best that the world has to offer. Whatever keeps them safe and helps them win they should have it.

Since it seems that this president has no regard for our troops as demonstrated by his refusal to send additional troops to Afghanistan and his 2-1/2 minute, "shout out" followed by NOTHING it seems to me that its time to bring our boys home. Normally I would say that we should stay and finish what we started but this isn't a normal CIC, this is a Marxist bent on hurting us.

Joyful HoneyBee
11-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Actually, there isn't a lot of "contingency" built in. That gets sucked up by the "pork-mongers" (better known as Congress). I don't like it, but that is the way it is. In fact, it is that very same Congress that sets the rules fgor the budget process. Don't get me wrong, some of the rules and process make sense; certainly the efforts to prevent corruption and fraud are necessary. Others are just pure crap.

It is these pork mongers that my seventy-six year old mother mentions in almost every conversation we have these days. She watches the news almost constantly and discusses current events with me often. One of the things she says most often is "These people are going to bust the gates of hell wide open."

....I think the lady is on to something there.....

I cannot fathom how the people who misappropriate taxpayer funds the way they do can sleep at night, how they can justify allowing our armed services personnel to suffer loss of life and limb so they can fatten the coffers of their special interest projects. It astonishes me that this congress can show up with such fine hairdos, because if I acted the way they do I couldn't look at myself in the mirror.

Our soldiers deserve the very best of everything in order to perform their jobs, and they especially deserve all the protection that ingenuity and technology have to offer. But, unless there is a public outcry on their behalf, those amazing and inexpensive devises will just continue to gather dust on the shelf.