PDA

View Full Version : GW and Laura Visit The Wounded At Ft. Hood

Kathianne
11-07-2009, 06:36 PM
No mention of Native Americans:

http://cbs11tv.com/wireapnewstx/George.W.Bush.2.1298076.html

Nov 7, 2009 8:03 am US/Central
George W. Bush Visits Fort Hood, Wounded Soldiers
FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) ― Former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, visited wounded soldiers and their families near the site of the worst mass shooting on an Army post in the United States.

The Bushes made their private visit to Fort Hood's Darnall Army Medical Center on Friday night. Bush spokesman David Sherzer said in an e-mail that the couple thanked Fort Hood's military leaders and hospital staff for the "amazing care they are providing."

An Army psychiatrist, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, is accused of killing 13 people and wounding 30 in a shooting rampage Thursday at a Soldier Readiness Processing Center on the post.

Hasan was wounded by a civilian police officer and was taken into custody.

Nukeman
11-07-2009, 09:00 PM
more class in his little finger than that moron of a president we have right now......

Say what you want about GW Bush but he is one that genuinely cares!!!!

Kathianne
11-07-2009, 09:44 PM
more class in his little finger than that moron of a president we have right now......

Say what you want about GW Bush but he is one that genuinely cares!!!!

I must agree. If Obama chose not to go, for the reason it would divert assets needed, I'll agree. That doesn't seem to be the case, as Dover illustrated. It's not about the troops, but about Obama.

sgtdmski
11-08-2009, 02:09 AM
As Commander and Chief, the President should have made a visit to Fort Hood, especially following a terrorist act such as this, and that is exactly what it was a terrorist act.

If he has the time to use Air Force One to take his wife to a broadway show, then he sure as hell has the time to use it to visit troops. His failure to do so speaks glaringly on his inability to perform the duties of his job.

He not lacks experience but is proving day after day that he is also incompetent.

dmk

Joe Steel
11-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Allowing that coward and draft dodger to foul the air of Ft. Hood after having started the war on Islam is an outrage against all that Americans profess to honor.

Nukeman
11-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Allowing that coward and draft dodger to foul the air of Ft. Hood after having started the war on Islam is an outrage against all that Americans profess to honor.Draft dodger???? I think your confusing GW with Billy boy...

Bush served his time albeit in the air national guard but he did serve his time.... Everyone at that time was trying to NOT go to Vietnam, but hey hold it against him.... For the record HE WAS NOT A DRAFT DODGER, have you been listing to CBS again??? IDIOT!!!!!!!

I'll say it again he genuinely cares about the soldiers and he didn't give a "shout out" to anyone. In fact he did this on his own with NO CAMERA's or PHOTO OP. Like the retard-in-chief we have right now.......

Joe Steel
11-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Draft dodger????

Bush served his time albeit in the air national guard but he did serve his time....

Bush1 had Bush2 assigned to the champagne unit of the Texas Air National Guard just before his student deferment was to expire. TANG flew obsolete aircraft which had already been withdrawn from combat and which were withdrawn from all service in Vietnam before he finished flight school. Starting a war adds injury to insult. Strutting-around among real soldiers is an outrage.

Trigg
11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Bush1 had Bush2 assigned to the champagne unit of the Texas Air National Guard just before his student deferment was to expire. TANG flew obsolete aircraft which had already been withdrawn from combat and which were withdrawn from all service in Vietnam before he finished flight school. Starting a war adds injury to insult. Strutting-around among real soldiers is an outrage.

You don't like where he served, to bad for you. He served his country in a Military position. Clinton SKIPPED THE COUNTRY and bambam has don't anything but "community organize".

In fact since 1978 the only dem President to serve his country was Carter in the Navy.

Joe Steel
11-09-2009, 07:48 AM
You don't like where he served, to bad for you. He served his country in a Military position. Clinton SKIPPED THE COUNTRY and bambam has don't anything but "community organize".

In fact since 1978 the only dem President to serve his country was Carter in the Navy.

You don't seem to understand.

It's one thing to avoid combat. It's quite another to go to extraordinary measures to avoid combat and then someone else to die. That's what Bush did.

CSM
11-09-2009, 07:53 AM

It's one thing to avoid combat. It's quite another to go to extraordinary measures to avoid combat and then someone else to die. That's what Bush did.

You have NO CLUE. I fail to understand why you post this drivel. It simply makes you look truly ignorant. Hmmm, maybe you are truly ignorant!

crin63
11-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Well I guess when the current president wouldn't go to Ft. Hood to pay his respects for our injured or fallen men and women our former president probably felt someone needed too. I applaud GWB for showing the love and compassion that our current president should have done because of his position even if its not his belief. I expect there to be a mass exodus from all branches of our military due to the lack of regard that our current COC has for our troops.

Trigg
11-09-2009, 07:29 PM

dumb ass

Binky
11-09-2009, 11:38 PM
As Commander and Chief, the President should have made a visit to Fort Hood, especially following a terrorist act such as this, and that is exactly what it was a terrorist act.

If he has the time to use Air Force One to take his wife to a broadway show, then he sure as hell has the time to use it to visit troops. His failure to do so speaks glaringly on his inability to perform the duties of his job.

He not lacks experience but is proving day after day that he is also incompetent.

dmk

We can always ask our representatives to help get him impeached.....Just a thought. Don't know that it would work tho'. I imagine it would have to be proven that he did something bad enough to get him ousted.