PDA

View Full Version : House Passes Health Bill

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-07-2009, 11:43 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/07/obama-tries-close-sale-health-care-overhaul/

bullypulpit
11-08-2009, 05:39 AM
I just don't know which are the bigger RWN tools...You or FOX Noise.

Joyful HoneyBee
11-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Here is the list of those who voted for and against this monstrous bill. Now we know who wants to be voted out of office.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll887.xml

Noir
11-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Here is the list of those who voted for and against this monstrous bill. Now we know who wants to be voted out of office.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll887.xml

Well considering it was pretty much a party political split i'd guess that there were not many Dems who are there who will be kicked out because they voted for the bill, poor Mr/Ms/Mrs Cao looks a bit lonely though lol,

Trigg
11-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Well considering it was pretty much a party political split i'd guess that there were not many Dems who are there who will be kicked out because they voted for the bill, poor Mr/Ms/Mrs Cao looks a bit lonely though lol,

Everyone votes in the elections and people don't necesarily vote along party lines for Governor, Mayor, Senate or House positions. The independents are quite a large voting bloc anymore also.

There are quite a few dems in the house and senate who are in very republican districts. They should be worried which is why, I suspect, that the votes were so close.

Insein
11-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Beautifully done, Madam Chairman. With an attack on Ft. Hood leading the headlines and a weekend news cycle begining its slow grind, you call for the most important vote in our nation's history on a Saturday Night with no one looking. If this is the premier bill that every American wants, then why not call for the vote at the begining of the week during the major news cycle so the whole country can watch?

This is the biggest threat to our great nation since Britain tried to take it back in 1812. Greater than the Civil war even. When our "elected" officials create a 1900 page bill that they don't want anyone to read, they originally want voted on within a week of it being proposed and then ultimately call for the vote on a saturday night when no one is looking, they know its something that a majority of Americans don't want but will force on us anyway. Our congressmen just handed over our freedoms because they want to control our lives.

chesswarsnow
11-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well the Liberals wanted change, they got it, good or bad.
2. We all got it, you feel it yet?:eek:
3. Jurys still out, if we like it or not, I just hope it beats what we presntly have.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

namvet
11-08-2009, 10:08 AM
they did have the majority. so no surprise here. but the axis of evil did have to threaten the dissenters into voting for it. Pelosi was crackin the bull whip.

MoveOn Threatens to Push Primary Opponents to Dems Voting Against Health Plan

civil war is threatening to erupt within the Democratic Party as liberal advocacy group MoveOn.org looks to punish moderate Democrats opposed to the sweeping health care overhaul proposed by party leaders.

MoveOn has reportedly raised more than $3.5 million in contributions to fund primary challenges against "any Democratic senator who blocks an up-or-down vote on health care reform with a public option," according to an e-mail sent to group members on Thursday.

more (more)

intimidation is a powerful tool against the weak minded. an old Jedi mind trick

Joyful HoneyBee
11-08-2009, 11:40 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/08/democrats-face-electoral-backlash-health-care-vote-republican-warns/

Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., chairman of the House Republican Conference, tells 'Fox News Sunday' that the House health care reform vote proves Democrats have not listened to American concerns about over-spending, bailouts and government takeovers.

Democrats will pay at the polls for their vote in favor of a sweeping health care reform package Saturday night, a top House Republican warned, while Democrats cheered the bill's narrow approval as a historic achievement.

Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., chairman of the House Republican Conference, told "Fox News Sunday" that the vote proved Democrats have not listened to American concerns about over-spending, bailouts and government takeovers.

"The message from last night is that the Democrats didn't get the message in August or last Tuesday," Pence said, referring to the town hall meetings over the summer where members of the public protested the plan and last Tuesday's election where Democrats lost two big governor's races.

"I think the American people are deeply frustrated with a liberal establishment in Washington, D.C. that is ignoring their will," Pence said. "If Democrats keep ignoring the American people, their party's going to be history in about a year."

Pence said Republicans were booted out of Congress in 2006 and 2008 after being hammered for over-spending, and predicted the same could happen to Democrats in the 2010 congressional elections.

But the Democrat in charge of defending his party's majority in the House next year said Democrats took their cue Saturday from voters' "message" in the 2008 election, which sent President Obama to the White House and strengthened Democratic majorities in Congress. Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said voters were upset that Republicans "did nothing" about issues like health care while they were in power and wanted Washington to step up to the plate.

"That's what we did last night," Van Hollen told "Fox News Sunday."

Van Hollen noted that Saturday's vote was just one step, albeit "a very big step," on the road to health care reform.

The Senate, where the Democratic majority is smaller, still has to approve its version of the bill.
"I know the Senate's committed to moving ahead," Van Hollen said.

But Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is still trying to round up enough votes.

Independent Democratic Sen. Joe Lieberman told "Fox News Sunday" that Democrats can certainly count him in the "no" column if they keep in a government-backed insurance plan.

"If the public option is in there as a matter of conscience, I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote," the Connecticut senator said, signaling that he would back a Republican filibuster -- which Democrats need 60 votes to break.

The House bill passed by a 220-215 vote late Saturday night.

A triumphant Speaker Nancy Pelosi likened the legislation to the passage of Social Security in 1935 and Medicare 30 years later -- and Obama issued a statement saying, "I look forward to signing it into law by the end of the year."

"It provides coverage for 96 percent of Americans. It offers everyone, regardless of health or income, the peace of mind that comes from knowing they will have access to affordable health care when they need it," said Rep. John Dingell, the 83-year-old Michigan lawmaker who has introduced national health insurance in every Congress since succeeding his father in 1955.

In the run-up to a final vote, conservatives from the two political parties joined forces to impose tough new restrictions on abortion coverage in insurance policies to be sold to many individuals and small groups. They prevailed on a roll call of 240-194.

Ironically, that only solidified support for the legislation, clearing the way for conservative Democrats to vote for it.

The legislation would require most Americans to carry insurance and provide federal subsidies to those who otherwise could not afford it. Large companies would have to offer coverage to their employees. Both consumers and companies would be slapped with penalties if they defied the government's mandates.

Insurance industry practices such as denying coverage on the basis of pre-existing medical conditions would be banned, and insurers would no longer be able to charge higher premiums on the basis of gender or medical history. In a further slap, the industry would lose its exemption from federal antitrust restrictions on price fixing and market allocation.

At its core, the measure would create a federally regulated marketplace where consumers could shop for coverage. In the bill's most controversial provision, the government would sell insurance, although the Congressional Budget Office forecasts that premiums for it would be more expensive than for policies sold by private firms.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

A late Saturday night vote on this is not going to bode well for them either. People didn't like it when they voted in a midnight pay raise for themselves, and this takes even more money out of the pockets of Americans than that pay raise did back then.

stephanie
11-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Are we ready for the pitchforks?

The Democrats didn't put this bill up on the Internet or give enough time for the people to read it, they called a weekend session to pass this at midnight.
The people were against this takeover of our heath care system..

How bout that Democrat-Progressive-Communist party..

How bout that little Marxist that is our President..

Kathianne
11-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Been ready, Stephanie. Still and all, I'm waiting to see what happens in the Senate. If Reid can't get that up before the 1st of the year, may well be interesting. Then there's reconciliation process, who knows how many Blue Dogs will peel away?

stephanie
11-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Been ready, Stephanie. Still and all, I'm waiting to see what happens in the Senate. If Reid can't get that up before the 1st of the year, may well be interesting. Then there's reconciliation process, who knows how many Blue Dogs will peel away?

I hear you Kath, the people are pissed and already making plans for the Senate..
We will be HEARD one way or another..:salute:

emmett
11-08-2009, 12:10 PM
I would like to personally congradulate each and every member of the democratic majority od Congress who perpretraited this inniolation of Liberty in our country. To the Republican, who voted for this, good luck getting relected pal.

It will never make it through the Senate.

Joyful HoneyBee
11-08-2009, 12:17 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qi9sLkyhhlE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qi9sLkyhhlE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The rest of their terms they will be spinning their wheels because they just opened the door that will lead them out into the rolls of the unemployed.

namvet
11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I would like to personally congradulate each and every member of the democratic majority od Congress who perpretraited this inniolation of Liberty in our country. To the Republican, who voted for this, good luck getting relected pal.

It will never make it through the Senate.

I hope your right. if it fails that may make Osama 4 and out !!!!

n0spam4me
11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
This is nothing more than a thinly disguised "GREED INC. enrichment tool"

with a bit of Constitutional erosion thrown in for good measure....

Its a sick sad world.....

Joyful HoneyBee
11-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I know I am a bit redundant to keep posting this, but I do like to keep it fresh in the list. I know how my u.s. senator stands on this hell care reform bill, but I will be calling his office anyway.

Everyone, please call your senators and let them know we are tired of being ignored, overlooked, abused, misused and robbed. :mad: This hell care reform bill passed in the house because the representatives are more afraid of moveon.org than they are the voters who allowed them to have their illustrious jobs. How stupid!!!

In case any of our senators are considering slinking into the slime, it could help we gave them something to think about first. :poke:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

After making the call, you might want to visit this site:

http://www.lp.org/

namvet
11-09-2009, 09:49 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/20uzl8i.jpg

stephanie
11-09-2009, 09:57 AM
The Democrat party is again to be known as the party of slavery..
the Pelosi bill does nothing but enslave people to the GUBERMENT..

nice going people who voted for this President and his administration. now you get to explain to your children and grandchildren how you could of done this to them..:cheers2: