PDA

View Full Version : ethnic dinner guests

Luna Tick
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I always try to honor a guest's ethnic heritage when I cook for them. I'll make Chinese food for Chinese guests, Mexican for Mexicans, etc. My next guest will be more of a challenge. She's Italian and Native American on one side of her family and French and German on the other side. My idea is to have a fine meal of deer meat lasagna, escargot, and beer. However, I'm having a hard time finding the venison and the escargot. Where do you find such things? I don't own any firearms and I've never hunted. Going out to shoot a deer is out of the question. And you can't just go pick up a snail from the sidewalk for escargot. Only certain ones are palatable. It's something you really have to buy, but I can't find it. Maybe I should consider something else for the French part. I'm not even sure escargot goes with Deer Meat Lasagna anyway. Maybe I should serve French wine instead. It would be a lot easier to find, but then it wouldn't make sense to have the beer. I'd have to add something else German. I could go with Deer Meat lasagna, sauerkraut, and French wine, but I don't know if the sauerkraut goes with it. Maybe I should go with potato soup or bratwurst. Those still don't seem to fit that well.

This is a tough one. Any suggestions?

HogTrash
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
If you are serious then stop fretting and start lying.

There's so much stuff in lasagna nobody can tell what kind of meat you put in it anyway, so use hamburger and tell them it's fresh deer meat you killed youself on your last hunt.

Go to a french restaurant and buy the snails already prepared, rewarm them, tell your guest you had the snails flown in from the south of France and you cooked them yourself especially for them.

Whether deer meat goes with snails is not a problem...Serve them plenty of both beer and wine and they won't care what their eating...You don't want it to taste too good anyway or they might not want to leave.

crin63
11-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Call a local butcher for venison and a culinary school for escargo.

hjmick
11-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Something smells...

Trigg
11-09-2009, 07:07 PM
yes it does. smells like troll.

I think she(?) managed to insult everyone

Kathianne
11-09-2009, 07:41 PM
yes it does. smells like troll.

I think she(?) managed to insult everyone

Troll, seems certain.

chloe
11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I always try to honor a guest's ethnic heritage when I cook for them. I'll make Chinese food for Chinese guests, Mexican for Mexicans, etc. My next guest will be more of a challenge. She's Italian and Native American on one side of her family and French and German on the other side. My idea is to have a fine meal of deer meat lasagna, escargot, and beer. However, I'm having a hard time finding the venison and the escargot. Where do you find such things? I don't own any firearms and I've never hunted. Going out to shoot a deer is out of the question. And you can't just go pick up a snail from the sidewalk for escargot. Only certain ones are palatable. It's something you really have to buy, but I can't find it. Maybe I should consider something else for the French part. I'm not even sure escargot goes with Deer Meat Lasagna anyway. Maybe I should serve French wine instead. It would be a lot easier to find, but then it wouldn't make sense to have the beer. I'd have to add something else German. I could go with Deer Meat lasagna, sauerkraut, and French wine, but I don't know if the sauerkraut goes with it. Maybe I should go with potato soup or bratwurst. Those still don't seem to fit that well.

This is a tough one. Any suggestions?

I would go with french fries, the potato covers french, german and native american

gabosaurus
11-13-2009, 01:42 AM
If you host any Black Jews, make sure you find a kosher watermelon.

Jeff
11-13-2009, 08:37 AM
If you host any Black Jews, make sure you find a kosher watermelon.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

That was funny

Luna Tick
11-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Kathianne is a creep. She slammed my reputation over this thread. If she doesn't like the food I cook, she doesn't have to eat it.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOHHHHHH OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH OOOHHHHHH HOO-WHOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Kathianne is a creep. She slammed my reputation over this thread. If she doesn't like the food I cook, she doesn't have to eat it.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOHHHHHH OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH OOOHHHHHH HOO-WHOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I can be. I may have judged a first time poster too harshly. That's the reason I'm going to give you a chance to stop with the fonts and word art, as requested.

Trigg
11-16-2009, 02:37 PM

How about it's insulting to assume that Indians would choose to eat deer meat instead of normal everyday food.

HogTrash
11-16-2009, 08:18 PM
If you host any Black Jews, make sure you find a kosher watermelon.That is so not PC gabby!.....Loved it! :thumb:

There may be hope for you yet girlfriend. :beer:

chloe
11-16-2009, 08:23 PM

I assure you Kathianne is no creep ( in fact she is the opposite of creep), you should read the board rules before out n out breaking them and insulting mods.

Kathianne
11-16-2009, 08:46 PM
That is so not PC gabby!.....Loved it! :thumb:

There may be hope for you yet girlfriend. :beer:

I do so hope you rep'd Gabby for that. ;)

emmett
11-18-2009, 02:37 PM
There once was a troll by the name of Tick
Who could have been a dude or a chick
One thing however was perfectly clear
That it's behavior was certainly a bit queer
So it's activity was soon to be on "RESTRICT"