PDA

View Full Version : Back To The Doctor - Again

red states rule
11-10-2009, 06:15 AM
After feeling great for several months, the pain in my lower abdominal section returned with a vengence last week

I went to my chemo Doctor yesterday for some blood work. He was shocked when my BP came in at 210/135, While he told me he will not know if the results of the blood tests for a few days, he was insistent that he send me to the ER for treatment of the high BP

Next thing I know I am at the ER being hooked up to IV's, and being given meds to lower the BP

To make a long story short. I am new BP meds, and waiting for the results of the blood tests

I had a CAT scan for my Dr in Allentown PA who trested me for scar tissue buildup should the blood work comes back normal. I will see him on Tuesday if I need to

I will not put up with the pain as I did last time

Kathianne
11-10-2009, 06:21 AM
After feeling great for several months, the pain in my lower abdominal section returned with a vengence last week

I went to my chemo Doctor yesterday for some blood work. He was shocked when my BP came in at 210/135, While he told me he will not know if the results of the blood tests for a few days, he was insistent that he send me to the ER for treatment of the high BP

Next thing I know I am at the ER being hooked up to IV's, and being given meds to lower the BP

To make a long story short. I am new BP meds, and waiting for the results of the blood tests

I had a CAT scan for my Dr in Allentown PA who trested me for scar tissue buildup should the blood work comes back normal. I will see him on Tuesday if I need to

I will not put up with the pain as I did last time

Prayers your way. I've been wondering where you were. Was hoping you eloped or something! Feel better!

red states rule
11-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Prayers your way. I've been wondering where you were. Was hoping you eloped or something! Feel better!

Eloped?

When the nurse came in the ER to complete my registration she asked my Marital status

I replied "Happy"

She asked "happily married"?

I said I am not married - I am happy

Thanks for the prayers Kathianne. This time I have a game plan no matter what happens this time

Sitarro
11-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Keep up the fight Red, you have a lot of people that have you in their prayers. Best of luck buddy!

red states rule
11-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Keep up the fight Red, you have a lot of people that have you in their prayers. Best of luck buddy!

I know that my friend. I just thanked Kathianne for the prayers - and I thank you as well

Keep them coming - I can use them

chesswarsnow
11-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. You are in my prayers too ol buddy, stay strong, and keep plowing forward.
2. I have been wondering where you were too, get well soon, and then get back in here and stay busy!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
11-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. You are in my prayers too ol buddy, stay strong, and keep plowing forward.
2. I have been wondering where you were too, get well soon, and then get back in here and stay busy!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Thank you James

I will go back to work today and keep plowing forward

I have a game plan this time no matter what happens

chloe
11-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Well I hope your test results come back good and that your feeling better.

Your in my prayers also.

red states rule
11-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Well I hope your test results come back good and that your feeling better.

Your in my prayers also.

Thank you Chloe - I will be fine. The plan is in place and I am ready to roll

chloe
11-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Thank you Chloe - I will be fine. The plan is in place and I am ready to roll

What do you mean by plan?:eek:

Jeff
11-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Red man I hate to hear this, but my thoughts and prayers are with ya !!

red states rule
11-11-2009, 06:43 AM
What do you mean by plan?:eek:

The plan is this Chloe. The last time I had this same pain, it took over 18 months to finally get it corrected

I was sent to Doctor after Doctor, had the same tests done again and again - with the same results. Nothing found

My girlfriend took me to a surgon in Allentown, and I spent a total of 20 minutes in his office - I faxed him my MASSIVE file 2 weeks pervious - and he said there was no doubt I had built up scar tissue

48 sours later I was in the OR

My plan is, should my blood work from the Chemo Doctor comes back normal (He called last night and the blood work came back fin - NO CANCER!!!!!!) I will see this excellent Doctor on Tues afternnoon. The appointment has been made

I had a CAT Scan done while I was at the hopsital, and I have both the written report and the CD for him

I am not going to let this go on like I did last time Chloe

red states rule
11-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Red man I hate to hear this, but my thoughts and prayers are with ya !!

Thanks Jeff - keep those prayers coming buddy

jimnyc
11-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Red, get as many percocets and vicodin as you possibly can. If it's too much, send the extras my way! :coffee:

Seriously though, my prayers are with you, and it appears along with many more. Keep us updated when you get the results.

red states rule
11-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Red, get as many percocets and vicodin as you possibly can. If it's too much, send the extras my way! :coffee:

Seriously though, my prayers are with you, and it appears along with many more. Keep us updated when you get the results.

I will do that Jim. I wlil be gone this weekend and I see the man on Tuesday

I will post an update Wed morning

chloe
11-11-2009, 10:27 AM
The plan is this Chloe. The last time I had this same pain, it took over 18 months to finally get it corrected

I was sent to Doctor after Doctor, had the same tests done again and again - with the same results. Nothing found

My girlfriend took me to a surgon in Allentown, and I spent a total of 20 minutes in his office - I faxed him my MASSIVE file 2 weeks pervious - and he said there was no doubt I had built up scar tissue

48 sours later I was in the OR

My plan is, should my blood work from the Chemo Doctor comes back normal (He called last night and the blood work came back fin - NO CANCER!!!!!!) I will see this excellent Doctor on Tues afternnoon. The appointment has been made

I had a CAT Scan done while I was at the hopsital, and I have both the written report and the CD for him

I am not going to let this go on like I did last time Chloe

Thanks for clearing it up, I thought you meant suicide.

red states rule
11-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks for clearing it up, I thought you meant suicide.

No, that will never happen Chloe. Much to the dismay of a former poster

But thanks for your concern

NightTrain
11-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Glad to hear it's not cancer, RSR.

Hope the doc you have gets it done correctly. And, yeah, I agree with you 100% about the pain. Some docs would rather you suffer from pain rather than giving out the appropriate painkillers. I had one of those once, toughed it out for about 2 months and got myself another doc that was a tad more caring about my comfort.

Vicodans are your friend. :D

chloe
11-11-2009, 03:43 PM
No, that will never happen Chloe. Much to the dismay of a former poster

But thanks for your concern

Well I wouldn'twantyou or anyone to do that. Im glad you have a plan

red states rule
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Just got home, and I am very tired

The Dr thinks it is built up scar tissue, but my BP is till thru the roof. It came in at 215/135

He said there is no way I can be put to sleep for the surgery with that kind of high BP

I called my PCP and I will see him at 8AM in the morning

I hope things can get worked out and all of this will finally come to an end

So no cancer to be found, I only have to get some meds to drop the BP and perhaps some light can be seen at the end of the tunnel

HogTrash
11-17-2009, 06:28 PM

I will not put up with the pain as I did last timeI will pray that you are cured of whatever ails you before any Obama healthcare plan is enacted.

Kathianne
11-17-2009, 06:28 PM

The Dr thinks it is built up scar tissue, but my BP is till thru the roof. It came in at 215/135

He said there is no way I can be put to sleep for the surgery with that kind of high BP

So no cancer to be found, I only have to get some meds to drop the BP and perhaps some light can be seen at the end of the tunnel

I know you don't have all the time in the world, but I was able to get off of the bp meds, though my bp was not that high-though the 'bottom' number was. I cut sodium to about 20% of 'acceptable', meaning nothing I ate had more than 7% sodium. I exercised like a fiend, once I got used to it, I felt so much better. I'm still doing ok, but not as good as I want.

I'm praying for you friend, get some sleep.

red states rule
11-17-2009, 06:58 PM
I will pray that you are cured of whatever ails you before any Obama healthcare plan is enacted.

You and me both

red states rule
11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I know you don't have all the time in the world, but I was able to get off of the bp meds, though my bp was not that high-though the 'bottom' number was. I cut sodium to about 20% of 'acceptable', meaning nothing I ate had more than 7% sodium. I exercised like a fiend, once I got used to it, I felt so much better. I'm still doing ok, but not as good as I want.

You read my mind Kathianne. As soon as my BP is taken care of, and this scar tissue issue is resolved I will be making time to exercise

It wil be at the top of my "to do" list on a daily basis

Kathianne
11-17-2009, 07:10 PM
You read my mind Kathianne. As soon as my BP is taken care of, and this scar tissue issue is resolved I will be making time to exercise

It wil be at the top of my "to do" list on a daily basis

Wish you lived closer, we could walk the miles together. That's my biggest exercise, I walk at least 3 miles a day. Outside when possible, at the track when the weather sucks. I swim for 15 minutes, then do water exercises in the therapy pool.

Afterwards, it's the steam and sauna and I feel great.

red states rule
11-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Wish you lived closer, we could walk the miles together. That's my biggest exercise, I walk at least 3 miles a day. Outside when possible, at the track when the weather sucks. I swim for 15 minutes, then do water exercises in the therapy pool.

Afterwards, it's the steam and sauna and I feel great.

That is what I am going to do Kathianne - walk

I live in a rural area and in the morning I will take a long walk, freshen up, then off to work

During bad weather I will fire up the treadmill

More greens and veggies, less deep fried food

I will talk to the Dr about those issues in the morning as well

Thanks for your concern, and while it looks like I have beaten the cancer - I will beat this as well

chesswarsnow
11-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Im pulling for you buddy.........

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
11-17-2009, 08:15 PM

Sorry I don't know what BP is , can anyone tell me?

HogTrash
11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Sorry I don't know what BP is , can anyone tell me?Blood Pressure...

chloe
11-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Blood Pressure...

Thanks, Hog !!! Whenever my blood pressure is taken they always tell me its really low.

Jeff
11-17-2009, 08:53 PM

RSR My thoughts and prayers are with ya

HogTrash
11-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Thanks, Hog !!! Whenever my blood pressure is taken they always tell me its really low.I have heard some doctors say that a little low is normal for some folks.

Kathianne
11-18-2009, 06:28 AM
I have heard some doctors say that a little low is normal for some folks.

Mine was always low, until it went high. From what the doc said, that seems to be the case for many women.

red states rule
11-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Today begins a new life. I must make some serious changes or face a fatal heart attack - or stroke

The Dr was very blunt and very direct. Both traits I liked

The Dr put me on a strict diet - the DASH diet

If anyone has similar issues, or just wants to eat better check this link out

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdf

I am on new meds - which I will pick up before going to work later one - and I am cleaning out all the bad foods from my kitchen

Thanks again to all for your kinds words and prayers

Kathianne
11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Today begins a new life. I must make some serious changes or face a fatal heart attack - or stroke

The Dr was very blunt and very direct. Both traits I liked

The Dr put me on a strict diet - the DASH diet

If anyone has similar issues, or just wants to eat better check this link out

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdf

I am on new meds - which I will pick up before going to work later one - and I am cleaning out all the bad foods from my kitchen

Thanks again to all for your kinds words and prayers

Yep, I strongly recommend the American Heart Association Cookbooks. Another really great site is this:

http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com/free/Archive.htm

Some of the best recipes I have is from there.

red states rule
11-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Yep, I strongly recommend the American Heart Association Cookbooks. Another really great site is this:

http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com/free/Archive.htm

Some of the best recipes I have is from there.

My girlfriend is already on board - she is coming up with new recipes and is making a list as we speak

I will forward this to her Kathianne. She told me this morning when we are together, she will teach me one new recipe per day

actsnoblemartin
11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
dear lord please help red

amen :)