PDA

View Full Version : Now we know, our troops in Afgahnistan aren't worth the extra $$$

crin63
11-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Gosh, I guess when it comes to social programs no expense is too great but when it comes to our military we really have to scrutinize the spending. Obama has to decide if its worth the money to send more troops to Afghanistan before he will decide on granting McChrystals request for more troops.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=9039241

emmett
11-10-2009, 11:30 PM
I say Bring em home and the hell with it.

jimnyc
11-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I say Bring em home and the hell with it.

It's a shame, but I agree with you. Soldiers are trained for a reason, and if you aren't going to give them the tools and men necessary to do their jobs, bring 'em home. History might show this as a "loss" or a retreat down the road, but the worlds most powerful military is only being held back by their own CIC.

crin63
11-11-2009, 11:03 AM
It's a shame, but I agree with you. Soldiers are trained for a reason, and if you aren't going to give them the tools and men necessary to do their jobs, bring 'em home. History might show this as a "loss" or a retreat down the road, but the worlds most powerful military is only being held back by their own CIC.

I agree, give them what they need and let them win or pull them out. No more games.