PDA

View Full Version : Dems Reject 11 Amendmeents Requiring Congress To Enroll In Obamacare

red states rule
11-11-2009, 07:02 AM
So Dems will fine and jail anyone who does not buy Obamacare - but they will not enroll in the plan themselves?

Can anyone explain this to me?

Is there anyone who can explain why Obamare is good enough for the massess but not goof enough for the Dems who demand we take it?

Dems Rejected 11 Amendments Requiring Congress to Enroll in Gov’t-Run Health Plan

(CNSNews.com) – More than 200 amendments were rejected by the House Rules Committee ahead of Saturday's vote on the Democrats' health care bill, including 11 that would have required members of Congress and other government officials to be enrolled in the same federal insurance plan proposed for the American people.

Critics of the health care bill said they offered the 11 amendments – including some that would require the president, vice president, and Supreme Court justices to give up their Federal Employees Health Benefit Program (FEHBP) to enroll in the ‘public option’ or Medicaid – to showcase the problems with the massive legislation.

“If Congress forces our constituents into a public option plan over time, then members of Congress should be expected to do the same,” Rep. Howard McKeon (R-Calif.) told CNSNews.com.

The House Rules Committee attempt was the second time McKeon had tried to amend the Democrats’ health plan to include legislators in the public option.

“Democrats voted down a similar amendment, 21-18, in the Ways and Means Committee during the July markup of HR 3200,” McKeon said. “It became apparent then that Democrats are afraid of being put on a government-run health care program, but that fear does not extend to the welfare of their own constituents.”

The public option in the House bill would be a government health insurance agency run by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and available through the federal Health Insurance Exchange.

“This is one of those classic hypocritical moments for the Democrats,” Matt Lavoie, spokesman for Rep. Wally Herger (R-Calif.), told CNSNews.com “They simply don’t want to put up with the public option that they are preparing to inflict on the American public.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?rsrcid=56897

red states rule
11-11-2009, 07:33 AM
and why do Dems have to threaten jail time and fines if you refuse to take Obamacare if the plan is so damn great?

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FWQNhsmLTU&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FWQNhsmLTU&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Monkeybone
11-11-2009, 08:04 AM
and why do Dems have to threaten jail time and fines if you refuse to take Obamacare if the plan is so damn great?it's not about the plan... it is that they are protecting you by making that other guy have insurance. Because when he goes to the ER or something and doesn't pay his bills, you end up paying his bills. So by making him get some insurance, it protects you RSR. don't you get that? :thumb:

red states rule
11-11-2009, 08:08 AM
it's not about the plan... it is that they are protecting you by making that other guy have insurance. Because when he goes to the ER or something and doesn't pay his bills, you end up paying his bills. So by making him get some insurance, it protects you RSR. don't you get that? :thumb:

I would feel better if the Dems and RINO's who vote for this plan try it on themselves and their families for a couple of years, then get back to me with a progress report

I have said many times, I wish politicans would not care so much about me - it much cheaper and less inconvenient

Insein
11-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Pretty much sums up the whole situation. Do as I say not as I do.

Insein
11-11-2009, 09:19 AM
and why do Dems have to threaten jail time and fines if you refuse to take Obamacare if the plan is so damn great?

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FWQNhsmLTU&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FWQNhsmLTU&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

That was excellent.

jimnyc
11-11-2009, 09:28 AM
So Dems will fine and jail anyone who does not buy Obamacare - but they will not enroll in the plan themselves?

Can anyone explain this to me?

Is there anyone who can explain why Obamare is good enough for the massess but not goof enough for the Dems who demand we take it?

Critics of the health care bill said they offered the 11 amendments – including some that would require the president, vice president, and Supreme Court justices to give up their Federal Employees Health Benefit Program (FEHBP) to enroll in the ‘public option’ or Medicaid – to showcase the problems with the massive legislation.

“If Congress forces our constituents into a public option plan over time, then members of Congress should be expected to do the same,” Rep. Howard McKeon (R-Calif.) told CNSNews.com.

The House Rules Committee attempt was the second time McKeon had tried to amend the Democrats’ health plan to include legislators in the public option.

“Democrats voted down a similar amendment, 21-18, in the Ways and Means Committee during the July markup of HR 3200,” McKeon said. “It became apparent then that Democrats are afraid of being put on a government-run health care program, but that fear does not extend to the welfare of their own constituents.”

I think this should be on the cover of every paper and on every news station - but we all know it will be hidden away and never answered. They should plaster this video everywhere and force the Dems to answer the question.

That's lovely - put others in jail and fine them massive amounts of money, should the public option come to fruition - but it appears they can simply vote themselves out of that same responsibility. I'm sorry, the Dems are a damn joke.

red states rule
11-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I think this should be on the cover of every paper and on every news station - but we all know it will be hidden away and never answered. They should plaster this video everywhere and force the Dems to answer the question.

That's lovely - put others in jail and fine them massive amounts of money, should the public option come to fruition - but it appears they can simply vote themselves out of that same responsibility. I'm sorry, the Dems are a damn joke.

I asked my liberal car pool buddy last night if he would buy a car, pay for it up front, and not take delivery until 3 years have passed

He said no

I told them that is what Dems are doing with Obamacare. They want to raise taxes now, yet not put Obamacare in place for 3 years (after the 2012 elections)

He said NOTHING, He just looked at me

He also had no comment about the jail time.

red states rule
11-11-2009, 10:21 AM
http://www.patriotdepot.com/images/products/detail/FreeloaderNation.jpg

New bumper sticker I have to get

sgtdmski
11-11-2009, 11:21 PM
it's not about the plan... it is that they are protecting you by making that other guy have insurance. Because when he goes to the ER or something and doesn't pay his bills, you end up paying his bills. So by making him get some insurance, it protects you RSR. don't you get that? :thumb:

But if the plan is as great as they are saying, and it is going to make healthcare less expensive for everyone, then why are they not required to take part in the plan.

Herein lies the problem that so many people have with this whole plan. First it is some 1990 pages longs, second, as we found out during several of the town hall meetings, a grat many Congressmen and women did not bother to read the first 1100 page plan, and now we have a 1990 page plan, that they have voted on and approved. Sorry but We the people are not buying it.

That it is why we need to eliminate the Congressional exemption from all legislation. If the legislation is good enough for We the People, then it is good enough for the representatives of, for and by the people.

Perhaps if Congress were more affected by legislation they pass, they would not always be in such a rush to pass it with out determining the unintended consequences it will have.

dmk

Monkeybone
11-12-2009, 07:56 AM
That it is why we need to eliminate the Congressional exemption from all legislation. If the legislation is good enough for We the People, then it is good enough for the representatives of, for and by the people.

Perhaps if Congress were more affected by legislation they pass, they would not always be in such a rush to pass it with out determining the unintended consequences it will have.

dmk

to me, this is what sums it up perfectly. :clap:

11-12-2009, 09:10 PM

So what your saying is they are saving us money by spending our money.... the logic doesnt flow for me.

Monkeybone
11-13-2009, 08:21 AM
So what your saying is they are saving us money by spending our money.... the logic doesnt flow for me.

Doesn't to me either Av.... Good thing we have people in the Government that know how to take care of us, since this bright flashy world is just oh so confusing.

Maybe the people that organized the money that we borrowed to pay the money we lost to pay the money we borrowed to pay people to make moeny to pay back the money that we lost on the money that we borrowed just know how it is going to work out...