PDA

View Full Version : the first thing he did this morning....

PostmodernProphet
11-11-2009, 04:15 PM
I think the first thing he did this morning was go for a run.....

Talking about my dad....

he was in a car accident back when he was in his 30s.....banged up his knee really bad, walked with a limp from that day on....I never saw him walk without a limp and I know it caused him lots of pain....

he had knee replacement surgery in the 70s.....I think that helped....but the replacement joint failed a month or so ago because it separated from the bone...he had to go to the nursing home then because he couldn't even get from his bed to a wheel chair without help....

He died in his sleep last night at the age of 95.....

I'm thinking the first thing he would have wanted to do is go for a run.....something he hadn't been able to do for over 60 years.....

I expect it was down a country gravel road.....he would have wanted to see if the farmers in heaven could plant their rows straighter than the farmers in Iowa......

if he happened to see a flower blooming in the ditch he would have stopped to look at it.....and if there were any little kids around he would have made sure he pointed it out to them so they wouldn't miss seeing how beautiful it was.....he'd have told them God had planted it there and hidden it under the grass just so they could have the surprise of finding it.......

I can't imagine it happening any other way....

he always said he wanted this played at his funeral....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZuPoupCcHE

Noir
11-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, may he enjoy his run =)

chloe
11-11-2009, 08:28 PM
BZuPoupCcHE

Postmodernprophet, I'm sorry about your dad passing away,

he sounds like he was a kind man,

I wish you & your family lots of love & support by surrounding friends, family, and your maker

during your time of grief.

Kathianne
11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I think the first thing he did this morning was go for a run.....

Talking about my dad....

he was in a car accident back when he was in his 30s.....banged up his knee really bad, walked with a limp from that day on....I never saw him walk without a limp and I know it caused him lots of pain....

he had knee replacement surgery in the 70s.....I think that helped....but the replacement joint failed a month or so ago because it separated from the bone...he had to go to the nursing home then because he couldn't even get from his bed to a wheel chair without help....

He died in his sleep last night at the age of 95.....

I'm thinking the first thing he would have wanted to do is go for a run.....something he hadn't been able to do for over 60 years.....

I expect it was down a country gravel road.....he would have wanted to see if the farmers in heaven could plant their rows straighter than the farmers in Iowa......

if he happened to see a flower blooming in the ditch he would have stopped to look at it.....and if there were any little kids around he would have made sure he pointed it out to them so they wouldn't miss seeing how beautiful it was.....he'd have told them God had planted it there and hidden it under the grass just so they could have the surprise of finding it.......

I can't imagine it happening any other way....

he always said he wanted this played at his funeral....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZuPoupCcHE

I'm so sorry. I hope he's running now. That's the type of thing I try to remind myself of my folks. My mom can hear a pin drop, though on earth she was like stone deaf. My dad? He can beat par, by 5 strokes, easy. ;) Sor of trite, but what I dream of.

Nukeman
11-12-2009, 08:17 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. i am sure he is enjoying himself and is catching up with family!!!!!

NightTrain
11-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I know from experience that it's painful.

Impressive that he made it to 95, not many people are so fortunate. I'm sure they issue new knees in Heaven, and what better way to test than a good run?

HogTrash
11-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Life’s race well run,

Life’s work well done,

Life’s victory won,

Now cometh rest.

-Edward Hazen Parker, M.D.

"Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death they would be asked two questions and their answers would determine whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife.

The first question was, "Did you bring joy?".....The second was, "Did you find joy?"" - Leo Buscaglia

Abbey Marie
11-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Sorry for your loss, PMP. Beautifully written testimonial.