PDA

View Full Version : My daughter spoke at a Vet's Day program

gabosaurus
11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
In my daughter's school district, kids in grades three through five were invited to submit essays about Veteran's Day. They had to be completely original and composed by the student. The top five in each grade level would be read at a Veteran's Day program

My daughter's composition was one of five selected from the third grade level. She wrote it after talking to my dad's best friend, who served two tours of duty in Viet Nam.

I had a total "mom moment" listening to my daughter read her composition in front of all these people, and then get a huge ovation.
You guys would have been proud. It was very patriotic.

chloe
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow that's pretty cool, I love those kind of feel good moments, Congrats to your Daughter !!!

PostmodernProphet
11-16-2009, 07:57 AM
I commend her ability to overcome the parental pressure and write something patriotic.....

HogTrash
11-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I believe most of us take greater pride in our childrens accomplishments than we do our own.

I must admit that I was a little apprehensive at first before I completely read your post through.

My initial reaction was "Oh my God, I hope and pray Gabby's liberlism did not reflect itself in her daughters essay".

I appoligize for that initial negative reaction and congradulate you and your daughter...Well done Gabby!

gabosaurus
11-16-2009, 02:22 PM
I have never discussed (or even mentioned) politics with my daughter. She wanted to know what Veteran's Day was about, so I arranged for her to talk with a veteran. I felt her speech was very moving.
Of course, I am a bit biased. :p

Kathianne
11-16-2009, 06:00 PM
I believe most of us take greater pride in our childrens accomplishments than we do our own.

I must admit that I was a little apprehensive at first before I completely read your post through.

My initial reaction was "Oh my God, I hope and pray Gabby's liberlism did not reflect itself in her daughters essay".

I appoligize for that initial negative reaction and congradulate you and your daughter...Well done Gabby!

Gabby sounds like a good mom. She is maturing in many ways, but still can't deal with a Palin or Prejean. :laugh2:

HogTrash
11-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Gabby sounds like a good mom. She is maturing in many ways, but still can't deal with a Palin or Prejean. :laugh2:Being young like many she is the product of a lifetime of liberal media bombardment and political correctness programming...It cannot be escaped but it can be overcome.

It takes time and many of the liberal pawns will learn but the hardcore marxists who use them will never change...They simply wait for the next batch of young minds to come along.