PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, steel cage, mods, board policy...

jimnyc
04-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I noticed more than one member wonder what this board is about, what I would like it to be, and in what direction I would like to see it go.

I want a place where everyone is welcome to share their opinion. Where we can take the gloves off and have our say, but hopefully remain mature enough to appear intelligent to the outside readers. A place where moderation is only necessary when someone is blatantly out of bounds, and is a detriment to the board. Somewhere where you won't be banished for sharing an unpopular viewpoint, but will be questioned and held to standards to backup your position. Where debates are hot, but the conversation is cool in general forums. Would love to have more members that care to debate, but also wouldn't mind opening up a bit in the chat sections.

Another discussion was about moderation, again. I have no problem if someone states that most moderators are conservative, that's true. But we don't moderate based on affiliation, and never will. If I see that happening, I always take action to correct it. If someone contacts me directly about it, I always do my best to correct it. I don't want moderation and politics mixed, and will always work my best to keep it that way.

The "steel cage" section was originally designed as a place to move threads to that got out of control. I noticed that members don't mind opening threads here as well to speak their mind, which I'm ok with as well. I think it's best to allow a venting area rather than asking users to skirt rules that are designed to keep things clean for those who don't want to partake in the flaming. I don't want this section used to call out staff, or board policies. We have a PM system for those questions. Contact a staff member if you have an issue with a decision or another member.