PDA

View Full Version : Tis The Season

Bonnie
11-14-2009, 10:32 AM
*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS , not Happy Holiday !*

Christ is The Reason for the Christ-mas Season!

Twas the month before Christmas*

*When all through our land,*

*Not a Christian was praying*

*Nor taking a stand.*

*See the PC Police had taken away,*

*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*

*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*

*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*

*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*

* December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.*

*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*

*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*

*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*

*Something was changing, something quite odd! *

*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*

*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*

*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*

* At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*

*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*

*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*

*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*

*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*

*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*

*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton !*

*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*

*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*

*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*

* Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*

*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*

*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*

*So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'*

*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*

*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*

*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,

not Happy Holiday !*

Please, all Christians join together and

wish everyone you meet during the

holidays a

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Christ is The Reason for the Christ-mas Season!

Kathianne
11-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Very nice, Bonnie! Long time, no see! Love your signature! ;)

Bonnie
11-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Very nice, Bonnie! Long time, no see! Love your signature! ;)

Hello friend. How are u holding up under the Marxist regime? Ready with your bike and little basket in front to buy loaves of bread:coffee: like they do in France

Kathianne
11-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Hello friend. How are u holding up under the Marxist regime? Ready with your bike and little basket in front to buy loaves of bread:coffee: like they do in France

Trying to keep the powder dry. I must admit I wasn't 'devastated' when Obama won, disappointed indeed, but not fearful. I am now. We truly are on some weird ride that will be very difficult to get off of.

Bonnie
11-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Trying to keep the powder dry. I must admit I wasn't 'devastated' when Obama won, disappointed indeed, but not fearful. I am now. We truly are on some weird ride that will be very difficult to get off of.

I had a nugget of hope that he would govern from the centrist angle, however deep in my heart I knew what he was and is. Good news is it has sparked a revolution of the deepest kind that has been loooong overdue.

Kathianne
11-14-2009, 05:41 PM
I had a nugget of hope that he would govern from the centrist angle, however deep in my heart I knew what he was and is. Good news is it has sparked a revolution of the deepest kind that has been loooong overdue.

I agree. Positive signs beyond the tea parties, that are the concrete examples of public reaction:

Bill Clinton's little talk to democrats (http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/1109/clinton_we_are_winning_c3243bd1-33d6-42a7-ab70-5bae329fdc6e.html):

...Clinton argued that even “the most cold-hearted person” ought to support health care reform simply from an economic standpoint. He reminded Democrats of the political momentum their failure to pass reform in 1993 delivered the House of Representatives to the Republicans the following year.

"The point I want to make is: Just pass the bill, even if it's not exactly what you want," Clinton told Democrats. "When you try and fail, the other guys write history.”

LISTEN: President Clinton talks health care on the Hill

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) said Clinton described the ongoing tea party protests against the Democratic agenda as a sign their party was making progress.

Whitehouse quoted Clinton arguing: "The reason the tea-baggers are so inflamed is because we are winning." :laugh2:

Clinton’s overall message was one the Obama administration has tried to make: not passing a bill is worse than passing one that’s not perfect.

"So it’s not important to be perfect here, it’s important to act, to move, to start the ball rolling, to claim the evident advantages that all these plans agree with, and whatever they can get the votes for, I’m gonna support,” Clinton told the senators. “I think it is good politics to pass this and to pass this as soon as they can. But I think the most important thing is it is the right thing for America. The worst thing to do is nothing.” ...

and one of the key arguments making the rounds today on Palin's book being 'fact checked' by AP (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/11/13/us/politics/AP-US-Palin-Book-Fact-Check.html):

November 13, 2009
FACT CHECK: Palin's Book Goes Rogue on Some Facts

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 9:10 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sarah Palin's new book reprises familiar claims from the 2008 presidential campaign that haven't become any truer over time.

Ignoring substantial parts of her record if not the facts, she depicts herself as a frugal traveler on the taxpayer's dime, a reformer without ties to powerful interests and a politician roguishly indifferent to high ambition.

Palin goes adrift, at times, on more contemporary issues, too. She criticizes President Barack Obama for pushing through a bailout package that actually was achieved by his Republican predecessor George W. Bush -- a package she seemed to support at the time.

A look at some of her statements in ''Going Rogue,'' obtained by The Associated Press in advance of its release Tuesday:

A total of 11 AP reporters were assigned to this. Heavy investment of assets for someone that 'isn't serious' or worthy of office.

There's something 'afoot' that has the dems on panic mode...

Bonnie
11-14-2009, 06:00 PM
I agree. Positive signs beyond the tea parties, that are the concrete examples of public reaction:

Bill Clinton's little talk to democrats (http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/1109/clinton_we_are_winning_c3243bd1-33d6-42a7-ab70-5bae329fdc6e.html):

and one of the key arguments making the rounds today on Palin's book being 'fact checked' by AP (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/11/13/us/politics/AP-US-Palin-Book-Fact-Check.html):

A total of 11 AP reporters were assigned to this. Heavy investment of assets for someone that 'isn't serious' or worthy of office.

There's something 'afoot' that has the dems on panic mode...

Aside from the constant barrage of attacks on her and her family which is despicable she always manages to rise above and for that alone I like her, but I love the fact that she cleaned house in Alaska with her own party which puts all politicians on alert. :thumb: Every corrupt politician is in the cross hairs now

Don't you just love that derogatory term "tea-baggers"
Make no mistake they are nervous. I think we may even see some states enact protection laws against the fed gov and I hear some chatter about succession.

Every time we talk we wind up Hi-jacking a thread :laugh2:

Kathianne
11-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Aside from the constant barrage of attacks on her and her family which is despicable she always manages to rise above and for that alone I like her, but I love the fact that she cleaned house in Alaska with her own party which puts all politicians on alert. :thumb: Every corrupt politician is in the cross hairs now

Don't you just love that derogatory term "tea-baggers"
Make no mistake they are nervous. I think we may even see some states enact protection laws against the fed gov and I hear some chatter about succession.

Every time we talk we wind up Hi-jacking a thread :laugh2:

Always. :laugh2: Good to talk with you again, only 'girl' who is as into politics and analysis as myself. There probably is a 12 step plan for us? I guess it might have to be 24 step, as we don't listen too good. ;)

Abbey Marie
11-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Bonnie! Love seeing you here again. Please don't be a stranger.

I will be sending your poem on to lots of people. It is dead-on right.

gabosaurus
11-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Gotta love teabaggers and their adoration of the cut and run ex-governor of Alaska.

Bonnie
11-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Bonnie! Love seeing you here again. Please don't be a stranger.

I will be sending your poem on to lots of people. It is dead-on right.

Hey girl, thank you but I can't take credit for it...You are right it does ring very true.