the la times (the la times)

stephanie
11-14-2009, 12:02 PM
He's just bowing to his masters.

First a Saudi King now this..

such proud moments indeed..

Noir
11-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Jeez, what the hell is he doing bowing? He should of bitch slapped him with his way strong hand

/sark

11-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Im not really one who cares about bowing. Because Ive done it so much in martial arts. But I cant for the life of me understand why he is bowing so low. There is one thing bowing in respect. another getting low... its a little concerning.

Nukeman
11-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Jeez, what the hell is he doing bowing? He should of bitch slapped him with his way strong hand

/sark

There is a code of conduct for the "President of the United States" and one of those is they bow to NO ONE. It has been around longer than you or I and it has come to ascreeching hault with this president.

I fully understand that in the Asian culture it is respectful to bow when saying hello but NOT THAT LOW, an inclination of the head would have been more fitting his station and position as a head of state.......

namvet
11-14-2009, 03:15 PM
its is way to low. you have to maintain eye contact

stephanie
11-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Is is too much to ask the little Marxist to at least try to pretend he knows anything of how to be a President of the United States..

ugh

Noir
11-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Its rather funny ya'll would get so irritate about this, wise the bap,

stephanie
11-14-2009, 04:22 PM

where do you see irritate..?

it's more like disgusting..

NightTrain
11-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Yep, he has no idea how to present himself and act with other leaders.

I give you exhibit B.
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/NightTrain70/Dictators.jpg

Kathianne
11-14-2009, 04:48 PM
He certainly seems friendlier towards dictators than our traditional allies. Of course that is part of his 'plan.'

Noir
11-14-2009, 04:53 PM
where do you see irritate..?

it's more like disgusting..

If you think the OP is disgusting, then it has made you irate.

stephanie
11-14-2009, 05:38 PM
If you think the OP is disgusting, then it has made you irate.

I was talking about the little Marxist..:slap:

Noir
11-14-2009, 06:13 PM
=/
*faceplam*

namvet
11-14-2009, 06:21 PM

irritate ??? he's a laffin' stock halarious :laugh2:

Insein
11-14-2009, 08:15 PM
So his master plan is to turn America into a 3rd world country by spending us into oblivion and humilate us in front of all the other nation's world leaders so that we can.... I'm still trying to figure out whats going on in his little head?

Kathianne
11-14-2009, 08:22 PM
So his master plan is to turn America into a 3rd world country by spending us into oblivion and humilate us in front of all the other nation's world leaders so that we can.... I'm still trying to figure out whats going on in his little head?

Recognition of the worst country ever? Apologies for all wrongs ever done? Redistribution of wealth followed by bankruptcy so that only the government can survive above poverty? I really don't know, just that this administration is looking to be the worst ever. Will it be survivable? I dunno.

chesswarsnow
11-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I'm some what irritated!
2. And a bit in shock, at the same time.
3. I didn't know those two feelings could be combined, now I do.:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Joyful HoneyBee
11-15-2009, 12:34 PM
The saddest part of all this, the scraping and bowing, the apologies, the incrimination of his own nation, all these things are hurtful to the American people and damaging to our image in the eyes of the rest of the world. Showing respect is one thing, but taking a subservient stance is yet another. I find it distasteful at best, and I feel that it gives the impression that he sees himself as the leader of a nation of unruly citizens of which he is deeply ashamed. I am terribly disappointed with this administration but, I hold out hope that instead of focusing his attention on trying to slather on remorse for the so-called sins of his predecessors, he will instead focus on serving the citizens who elected him to his high office, as he is obligated to do according to our Constitution. It is time for the nonsense to end and for him to commence with a genuine effort to become the leader he was elected to be.

sgtdmski
11-16-2009, 04:04 AM
I spent eleven years in the Army and during 8 of those years I was a member of a Color Guard. I started as a rifleman and ended as a Sergeant of the Guard. During that time I learned something very important, the United States Flag never dips. NEVER. This nation is sovereign and therefore bows to no other nation. As the Commander and Chief, and as he Head of State, the President must also know this, it is one of the most basic tenets of this country.

After the hoopla following the bow to the Saudi King, it is surprising that Obama has not learned from his past mistakes. Normally even though I personally do not like the man, I would respect the office and call him by his title as he is deserving, however, in all good conscience I cannot address Obama as President until he learns to act Presidential.

dmk

namvet
11-16-2009, 09:00 AM
what we saw there was the dollar bowing to the yen

Gaffer
11-16-2009, 09:03 AM
I refuse to call him president. He has never been and never will be my president. He's the dark lord, here to take this country to it's knees. He's not leading anything.The office has been corrupted and I doubt it can ever be repaired.

Noir
11-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I refuse to call him president. He has never been and never will be my president. He's the dark lord, here to take this country to it's knees. He's not leading anything.The office has been corrupted and I doubt it can ever be repaired.

Gawd man, get over yourself,

namvet
11-16-2009, 09:29 AM

"noir" do i :coffee: he's nothing more than an experiential. a prototype.

Gaffer
11-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Gawd man, get over yourself,

Since when is it an ego trip to despise someone? I got over myself many years ago. I am not into ego trips or guilt trips. Unlike the dark lord who is in the ego maniac category. Our government has become "Animal Farm". As a student of politics I'm sure you have read it. If not, it's a must read.

namvet
11-16-2009, 10:35 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/qqpjjm.jpg

Gaffer
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/qqpjjm.jpg

That's how you greet royalty, presidents, or anybody else. Look them in the eye and shake hands.

gabosaurus
11-16-2009, 02:33 PM
you guys are hilarious. :laugh2:

Trigg
11-16-2009, 02:47 PM

ya it's so funny that we're disgusted by our President bowing and scraping to foreign powers instead of presenting himself as an equal

namvet
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
even more hilarious is Calif is dead broke. busted. belly up now that's :laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM

Gabby, we yokels aren't the only ones:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/11/on-president-obamas-bow-to-the-japanese-emperor-an-academic-friend-writes-that-both-the-left-and-the-right-are-wrong.html

On President Obama's Bow to the Japanese Emperor, An Academic Friend Writes That Both the Left and the Right Are Wrong
November 15, 2009 2:53 PM

An old friend -- an academic with expertise about the Japanese Empire, and in general a supporter of President Obama -- sends me the following note, relating to photographs of President Obama bowing to Emperor Akihito of Japan.

"This picture shows two things," my friend writes.

"1) The 'right' is wrong about Obama's bow.

"2) The 'left' is wrong about Obama's bow.

"His bow is neither (1) unprecedented nor (2) a sign of cultural understanding.

"At their 1971 meeting in Alaska, the first visit of a Japanese Emperor to America, President Nixon bowed and referred to Emperor Hirohito and his wife repeatedly as 'Your Imperial Majesties.'"

(See that picture HERE.)

"Yet, (and?) Nixon gets the bow right. Slight arch from the waist hands at his side.

"Obama's handshake/forward lurch was so jarring and inappropriate it recalls Bush's back-rub of Merkel.

"Kyodo News is running his appropriate and reciprocated nod and shake with the Empress, certainly to show the president as dignified, and not in the form of a first year English teacher trying to impress with Karate Kid-level knowledge of Japanese customs.

"The bow as he performed did not just display weakness in Red State terms, but evoked weakness in Japanese terms....The last thing the Japanese want or need is a weak looking American president and, again, in all ways, he unintentionally played that part.

"BTW, Obama's bow at Suntory Hall was much better. Correct angle, slight bow. His hands were wrong but the physical tone was correct and appropriate.

"But if Obama can get the dollar to stop bowing to the Yen I take it all back."

namvet
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/1556jww.jpg

Noir
11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Just saw this and thought of this thread, atleast he knows how to say hello to British policemen xD

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjoypNuGm2E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjoypNuGm2E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NightTrain
11-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Just saw this and thought of this thread, atleast he knows how to say hello to British policemen xD

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjoypNuGm2E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjoypNuGm2E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOL!

What a dick!

namvet
11-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Brown accidentally said "Obama beach" instead of "Omaha Beach" while speaking at the D-Day memorial in France.