PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore Is Not So Popular

Kathianne
11-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy:

Pics and more at site:

http://www.wptv.com/content/news/southpbc/bocaraton/story/Al-Gore-greeted-by-protesters-in-Boca-Raton/YTNzcCaZV0Wy9m5U6K5O1A.cspx?rss=762

BOCA RATON, FL -- Hundreds of people sat inside the Mizner Amphitheater, paying close attention to the presentation, but outside, it was a different story.
A large group of protesters gathered just steps away from where former Vice President Al Gore was speaking.

"If you follow the money, it tells you all you need to know about Al Gore he is making millions off all this energy stuff he is selling," said Meg Shannon, with the South Florida Tea Party...

HogTrash
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
There are still alot of nutcases who believe every word Al Gore says...People who can be outwitted by a moron have some serious issues.

Al Gore has had a very fortunate life...He was the son of a wealthy Tennesee state Senator who died and left young Al lots of money, connections and name recognition.

Al is so dumb that without this convenient headstart in life, he would be living under a bridge and eating out of garbage cans....Duhhh?

Kathianne
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
There are still alot of nutcases who believe every word Al Gore says...People who can be outwitted by a moron have some serious issues.

Al Gore has had a very fortunate life...He was the son of a wealthy Tennesee state Senator who died and left young Al lots of money, connections and name recognition.

Al is so dumb that without this convenient headstart in life, he would be living under a bridge and eating out of garbage cans....Duhhh?

It's because he 'cares' so much!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/6491195/Al-Gore-could-become-worlds-first-carbon-billionaire.html

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire
Al Gore, the former US vice president, could become the world's first carbon billionaire after investing heavily in green energy companies.

Published: 7:00AM GMT 03 Nov 2009

Al Gore: Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire Photo: AP
Last year Mr Gore's venture capital firm loaned a small California firm $75m to develop energy-saving technology.

The company, Silver Spring Networks, produces hardware and software to make the electricity grid more efficient.

The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants, the New York Times reports. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts.

The move means that venture capital company Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years.

Representative Marsha Blackburn, Republican of Tennessee, has claimed that Mr Gore stood to benefit personally from the energy and climate policies he was urging Congress to adopt.

Mr Gore had said that he is simply putting his money where his mouth is.
"Do you think there is something wrong with being active in business in this country?" Mr. Gore said. "I am proud of it. I am proud of it."

Luna Tick
11-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Global warming isn't about Al Gore. The fact that he might make some money doesn't make his views on the issue wrong either. This is America. Making money is a good thing here. If he makes some bucks by fulfilling a need, then good for him.

The truth is that global warming will mess us up bad. It's in our interests to stop it. It's in the interests of the entire world. If Al Gore makes some money as a result, so what?

Kathianne
11-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Global warming isn't about Al Gore. The fact that he might make some money doesn't make his views on the issue wrong either. This is America. Making money is a good thing here. If he makes some bucks by fulfilling a need, then good for him.

The truth is that global warming will mess us up bad. It's in our interests to stop it. It's in the interests of the entire world. If Al Gore makes some money as a result, so what?

It's by no means 'set science.' Besides, lobbying for personal profit by ex-VP is unethical at best.

Luna Tick
11-15-2009, 05:50 PM
There's nothing unethical about making a money off technology that will help us. Plus, I think he's handsome. He needs to divorce that stupid lady who complained about the music lyrics and marry me. He can use some of that money he makes on a romantic getaway with me to Malaysia.

Global warming is a certainty. We know because it's already happening. The caps are already melting. That could cause a sea level rise that could mess up the wonderful beaches in Malaysia. If that stops my romantic getaway with Al, I'm going to be really upset.

HogTrash
11-15-2009, 05:51 PM

The truth is that global warming will mess us up bad. It's in our interests to stop it. It's in the interests of the entire world. If Al Gore makes some money as a result, so what?According to Al gore, we the people of earth caused this global warming and Al has neglected to inform us that the earth has actually been cooling for the last 10 years.

Global climate change has occured millions of times over the last 4 billion years but now all of a sudden and dispite all the evidence against it, Al claims people are the culprit.

Stop being so gullible...You are the victim of an elaborate scam...Wise up.

Kathianne
11-15-2009, 05:53 PM
According to Al gore, we the people of earth caused this global warming and Al has neglected to inform us that the earth has actually been cooling for the last 10 years.

Global climate change has occured millions of times over the last 4 billion years but now all of a sudden and dispite all the evidence against it, Al claims people are the culprit.

Well I think we have a troll, but now a nice troll.

It's not ethical, perhaps even illegal for ex-VP to be influencing legislation which he is personally benefitting from.

11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I seriously cant believe that anyone would give Al Gore money for this GW garbage he pedals.

Gaffer
11-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Is it just me or does luna post like a 13 yo boy trying to impress a room full of adults? She wants to run off with albore? To tsunami land, and live among the muslims?

Me thinks Loony Luna's head is infested with Nargals.

Kathianne
11-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Is it just me or does luna post like a 13 yo boy trying to impress a room full of adults? She wants to run off with albore? To tsunami land, and live among the muslims?

Me thinks Loony Luna's head is infested with Nargals.

Well I've seen quieter entrances. But so far seems to be trying to fit in. We need new people. Chloe seems good with new members. ;)

Luna Tick
11-15-2009, 07:54 PM
According to Al gore, we the people of earth caused this global warming and Al has neglected to inform us that the earth has actually been cooling for the last 10 years.

You must be from a different planet then. I haven't checked any stats about Mars or Venus or Saturn to see if any of these planets have been getting cooler, but I don't live on any of them. Massive, massive scientific data has proved that the earth has indeed been getting hotter. It's as much a certainty as the fact that the earth is a sphere. If you live on Saturn or Uranus or one of the other planets and it's getting cooler, then that's a different debate. I'm sure you couldn't possibly think the earth is getting cooler given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I don't know why anyone cares that there are a lot of Muslim people in Malaysia. What does that have to do with the quality of their beaches or how good a time Al and I could have there?

I'm also fine with his making money. The idea behind free markets is for people to be motivated to be monetarily rewarded for the value they create. If Al Gore can do things that help to reduce or eliminate global warming, that's a creation of massive value. There's absolutely no reason why it's unethical for him to be rewarded for that. And if he wants to reward me for helping him to feel good in a Malaysian tropical paradise, well that's even better. Al Gore is handsome and his work is impressive, so I want to have sex with him. But first I have to get this stupid lady who bitches about the song lyrics out of the way. Wish me luck with that.

Kathianne
11-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Hardly settled science:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/02/a_tale_of_two_thermometers/

Even NASA is having problems with the science controlling variables.

emmett
11-15-2009, 08:10 PM
You must be from a different planet then. I haven't checked any stats about Mars or Venus or Saturn to see if any of these planets have been getting cooler, but I don't live on any of them. Massive, massive scientific data has proved that the earth has indeed been getting hotter. It's as much a certainty as the fact that the earth is a sphere. If you live on Saturn or Uranus or one of the other planets and it's getting cooler, then that's a different debate. I'm sure you couldn't possibly think the earth is getting cooler given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I don't know why anyone cares that there are a lot of Muslim people in Malaysia. What does that have to do with the quality of their beaches or how good a time Al and I could have there?

I'm also fine with his making money. The idea behind free markets is for people to be motivated to be monetarily rewarded for the value they create. If Al Gore can do things that help to reduce or eliminate global warming, that's a creation of massive value. There's absolutely no reason why it's unethical for him to be rewarded for that. And if he wants to reward me for helping him to feel good in a Malaysian tropical paradise, well that's even better. Al Gore is handsome and his work is impressive, so I want to have sex with him. But first I have to get this stupid lady who bitches about the song lyrics out of the way. Wish me luck with that.

So....let me get this straight. Ethics are never important. Such as Al Gore does more to pollute the planet than 15 others yet makes money off of scaring people about something as ficticious as Snipe Hunting.

I have to say.....you and him probably bel;ong together.

Oh......

welcome to Debate Policy, I can see you will be supplying me with somw wonderful entertainment in the coming months. I am elated that you have shown up. My "logic gun" was collecting dust on it. I need to break it out again I see.

Luna Tick
11-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Of course ethics are important. I just don't think Al Gore is doing anything unethical by investing on technology that we need. Let him make money. It's the American way. It's a good thing.

Global warming fiction?????? I can see we have an education crisis as well.

Gaffer
11-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Mars is experiencing global warming. Global warming is caused by the the sun. The cycles of the sun effect the planets.

Summers over and the polar caps are still there. Polar bear populations have increased. Malaysia is still a tropical paradise with muslims running around cutting off peoples heads. Albore is still fat. His pink cheeks indicate high blood pressure. He's still a greedy, worthless, bastard. And he definitely deserves someone like you loony. Of course he probably has dozens like you. You really don't think someone like that is loving and caring and...faithful, do you?

chloe
11-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Well I've seen quieter entrances. But so far seems to be trying to fit in. We need new people. Chloe seems good with new members. ;)

I try to be good with all members old or new ;)

emmett
11-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi ....my name is Solar Lice, I am a new member and wish to fit in here on DP. I have operated under different names on many other sites and as a boy and a girl. I think I can pull the wool over everybody's eyes however so here it goes...........

Joyful HoneyBee
11-15-2009, 09:22 PM
You are a good girl Chloe, and you really know how to rock the avatars, too! :cool:

chloe
11-15-2009, 09:34 PM
You are a good girl Chloe, and you really know how to rock the avatars, too! :cool:

Thanks, you Avatar is rocking as well !:salute:

Gaffer
11-15-2009, 09:37 PM
I think Emmett picked up on the same thing I did.

Place your bets here as to how long before....? :poke:

Joyful HoneyBee
11-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks, you Avatar is rocking as well !:salute:

Thanks Chloe! Hey, I saw your assessments of a couple of avs the other night....care to take a moment to assess mine?

chloe
11-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks Chloe! Hey, I saw your assessments of a couple of avs the other night....care to take a moment to assess mine?

yeah I will post it in the avatar thread so we arent hijacking this one LOL

Kathianne
11-16-2009, 05:11 AM
I try to be good with all members old or new ;)

You made a very smooth transition here, obviously you are good at reading people. Sometimes, I tend to be too quick to jump to conclusions, something I try to mitigate for. ;)

I'm really quite nice, just takes a bit. :coffee:

HogTrash
11-16-2009, 06:20 AM

I'm also fine with his making money. The idea behind free markets is for people to be motivated to be monetarily rewarded for the value they create. If Al Gore can do things that help to reduce or eliminate global warming, that's a creation of massive value. There's absolutely no reason why it's unethical for him to be rewarded for that. And if he wants to reward me for helping him to feel good in a Malaysian tropical paradise, well that's even better. Al Gore is handsome and his work is impressive, so I want to have sex with him. But first I have to get this stupid lady who bitches about the song lyrics out of the way. Wish me luck with that.Well at least you're a capitalist and good luck with your romantic fantasies of Al.

I have long suspected he has gay tendancies, so you may hit pay-dirt there LT.

Binky
11-16-2009, 08:00 PM

The TRUTH is that NO ONE is going to stop global warming, except GOD. We may s........l........o......w..... it down, but we aren't going to stop it. And anyone who believes that crapola is a damn fool......(or has found a bunch of suckers on the hook believing it and is makin' money off of it....) ie; enter Al Gore the bore....and I'd bet he doesn't believe it either and is just foolin' around tryin' to pull the wool over our eyes....

chloe
11-16-2009, 08:06 PM
You made a very smooth transition here, obviously you are good at reading people. Sometimes, I tend to be too quick to jump to conclusions, something I try to mitigate for. ;)

I'm really quite nice, just takes a bit. :coffee:

Nah, I think your accurate, they are trolling, some trolls are just playful though.

HogTrash
11-16-2009, 08:08 PM
The TRUTH is that NO ONE is going to stop global warming, except GOD. We may s........l........o......w..... it down, but we aren't going to stop it. And anyone who believes that crapola is a damn fool......(or has found a bunch of suckers on the hook believing it and is makin' money off of it....) ie; enter Al Gore the bore....and I'd bet he doesn't believe it either and is just foolin' around tryin' to pull the wool over our eyes....Hi Binky!...What up girlfriend?...Hows everybody back at the junkyard?

Binky
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Binky!...What up girlfriend?...Hows everybody back at the junkyard?

Hi Hog. I'm fine old friend. I'm glad to see you're still tryin' to convince people you're human.....:laugh2: As for the junkyard, same old bullpucky, just different days involved....

cat slave
11-18-2009, 12:16 AM

You got that right and it should be telling that he couldnt even carry TN
in his presidential run. Too many of us know all about the Gores.

cat slave
11-18-2009, 12:17 AM
The TRUTH is that NO ONE is going to stop global warming, except GOD. We may s........l........o......w..... it down, but we aren't going to stop it. And anyone who believes that crapola is a damn fool......(or has found a bunch of suckers on the hook believing it and is makin' money off of it....) ie; enter Al Gore the bore....and I'd bet he doesn't believe it either and is just foolin' around tryin' to pull the wool over our eyes....

...and he laughs all the way to the bank!

sgtdmski
11-18-2009, 03:14 AM

You are right the idea behind the free market is to put a product out there that you hope people will want and/or need and therefore they will buy it.

That is not what Algore has done. No, he has lobbied and lobbied and even worked while Vice President to see this country enact laws and legislation that would be favorable to green technology, and then he has gone and invested in this technology, interesting after the fact that legislation had been passed.

What he did is very unethical, in fact he should fined every cent he has earned in profit, and sentenced to live the rest of his life here in Bethel, Alaska where his hot air might help to increase the temperature we are having right now from -15 to a balmy -14.

dmk

cat slave
11-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Somehow when I look at Madoff and BO and AlBore and congress..... Im not seeing a whole lot
of difference.

Joyful HoneyBee
11-19-2009, 12:39 AM
You are right the idea behind the free market is to put a product out there that you hope people will want and/or need and therefore they will buy it.

That is not what Algore has done. No, he has lobbied and lobbied and even worked while Vice President to see this country enact laws and legislation that would be favorable to green technology, and then he has gone and invested in this technology, interesting after the fact that legislation had been passed.

What he did is very unethical, in fact he should fined every cent he has earned in profit, and sentenced to live the rest of his life here in Bethel, Alaska where his hot air might help to increase the temperature we are having right now from -15 to a balmy -14.

dmk

Those kinds of things taking place in corporate America would be considered insider trading and he would serve time in prison for such actions. Just ask Martha Stewart how they treat people who profit from insider knowledge, and she simply followed the advice of her broker, willfully, but hey, I'm just sayin.......

Binky
11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Somehow when I look at Madoff and BO and AlBore and congress..... Im not seeing a whole lot
of difference.

Well, at least you've pinpointed that to a "t" for us.....:laugh2:

Little-Acorn
11-19-2009, 03:03 PM
of difference.

I can name a major difference.

Bernie Madoff never tried to tell his clients they were morally obligated to hand him more and more of their money.

:eek:

Binky
11-19-2009, 03:45 PM
I can name a major difference.

Bernie Madoff never tried to tell his clients they were morally obligated to hand him more and more of their money.

:eek:

Oh yeah, and isn't he in jail?

cat slave
11-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Where they all should be. Wouldnt it be great to empty Gitmo of the terrorists
and fill it with congress???? Home grown terrorists and outsource the running
of the facility to the Chinese?

I saw a clip of AG on I think it was Beck yesterday....he thinks the center of
the earth is millions of degrees hot.....rotflmao....lol....buffoon!

Binky
11-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Where they all should be. Wouldnt it be great to empty Gitmo of the terrorists
and fill it with congress???? Home grown terrorists and outsource the running
of the facility to the Chinese?

I saw a clip of AG on I think it was Beck yesterday....he thinks the center of
the earth is millions of degrees hot.....rotflmao....lol....buffoon!

Yeah, it would be great and it makes for sweet dreams..... I saw that on Beck... I was just flabbergasted. Hmmmm...I smell a boring Gore, in the background, prodding him to say that.....:laugh2::laugh2: