PDA

View Full Version : The Hybrids To Save GM and Chysler

Kathianne
11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Well not so much:

Links at site:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/kausfiles/archive/2009/11/12/suckers-of-the-week.aspx

Things you thought you were getting in the auto bailout. ... Chrysler's showy electric and hybrid cars? Forget them. Now that Chrysler has your money, they're dead. ... GM's 2010 IPO? The one that was going to raise money to repay taxpayers? It's receding rapidly into the future. "It depends on how quickly we become profitable. ... I can’t promise a date," says GM Chairman Ed Whitacre. Translation: Not going to happen. ... Suckers! ... 9:40 P.M.

Mr. P
11-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I donno if it's true but... I heard a few days ago that IF they did produce a hybrid it would cost the buyer 40k. IMO that will immediately put them OUT of the market. What a surprise.

Joyful HoneyBee
11-15-2009, 10:51 PM
I got to thinking today that every American taxpayer should be able to list three additional dependents on our 2009 tax return this year:

General Motors
Chrysler
and
Big Banks that accepted bailout money

It seems fair enough and the support being provided to them is enough for everyone to claim them.

chloe
11-15-2009, 10:52 PM
I got to thinking today that every American taxpayer should be able to list three additional dependents on our 2009 tax return this year:

General Motors
Chrysler
and
Big Banks that accepted bailout money

It seems fair enough and the support being provided to them is enough for everyone to claim them.

Great Idea, I agree.

11-15-2009, 11:18 PM
They are so boned...

darin
11-16-2009, 05:52 AM
if they'd just make cars that could compete and win against foriegn models, they'd be okay...Corvette notwithstanding. :) They ARE trying at least, even half-heartedly. See: Buick Lacrosse, etc.