PDA

View Full Version : Political Correctness issue shot down in US Court of Appeals.

HogTrash
11-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Could this be an indication that political correctness has reached the end of it's reign of terror on free speech?

The once proud and dignified Native Americans are stooping to the petty low levels of the negro and hispanic races.

Friday, May 15, 2009
Court rules Washington Redskins can keep trademarks on name
Washington Business Journal - by Barton Eckert Contributing Writer

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit has ruled in favor of the Washington Redskins in a 17-year battle against a group of American Indians who claim the football team's trademark is racially offensive.

The court upheld a judge's decision that Mateo Romero, an artist from the Cochiti Pueblo reservation in New Mexico, and six other Native Americans waited too long to file a claim. The suit, involving six of the Redskins' trademarks, asked that the National Football League franchise’s name be canceled due to complaints from American Indians.

In 1994 a U.S. Patent and Trademark Office appeals panel ruled that the trademarks should be canceled based on the complaint. Pro-Football Inc., the closely held parent company of the Redskins controlled by Dan Snyder, was granted the trademarks in 1967. The group sued in 1999 to overturn the finding.

The decision may not be the final word as the Court of Appeals did not rule on claims that the trademark is racist. There is another suit pending by other American Indians who claim slogans and images considered disparaging can’t be registered under U.S. trademark law.

http://washington.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2009/05/11/daily99.html

Noir
11-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Kablah, i never really thought of the term 'redskins', lets face it we wouldn't tolerate the 'Washington Niggers' so i for one would be in two minds about this,

Gaffer
11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Kablah, i never really thought of the term 'redskins', lets face it we wouldn't tolerate the 'Washington Niggers' so i for one would be in two minds about this,

Would you tolerate the washington black skins? Or the yellow skins?

It's a bunch of liberal Injuns trying to make a fast buck. They failed.

Native American is too long, Indian confuses some people, so I use the term Injun. There are also various Injun nations and hundreds of tribes, so it can get even more confusing in casual conversation.

Red skins is actually not accurate. Most Injuns are brown skinned and a variety of tones.

Little-Acorn
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM

"Nigger" is an insult. "Redskin" isn't.

These people need to get a life.

HogTrash
11-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Kablah, i never really thought of the term 'redskins', lets face it we wouldn't tolerate the 'Washington Niggers' so i for one would be in two minds about this,You are the product of a lifetime of liberal media bombardment and political correctness programming.

Kathianne
11-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Typical of evolution with tribes:

http://unirel.fsu.edu/seminoles/

Binky
11-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Maybe I'm stupid or just plain niave, but I've always equated their name "redskins" with the red skinned color of the football and the material it's made from. I don't think they named their team that because of the color of indians.... What would be the point for crying out loud, since I don't think there is one indian on the team....?

I smell more racial bullpucky here.....Stinky poo......:eek: :rolleyes: :lalala:

Kathianne
11-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Maybe I'm stupid or just plain niave, but I've always equated their name "redskins" with the red skinned color of the football and the material it's made from. I don't think they named their team that because of the color of indians.... What would be the point for crying out loud, since I don't think there is one indian on the team....?

I smell more racial bullpucky here.....Stinky poo......:eek: :rolleyes: :lalala:

;)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5602/unknownni.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/unknownni.jpg/)

HogTrash
11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I saw that wink! :cool:

Binky
11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
;)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5602/unknownni.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/unknownni.jpg/)

I stand corrected. Guess I am stupid and niave. Fact is, I just get tired of all the racial crap so I tend to ignore most of it....

Kathianne
11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I stand corrected. Guess I am stupid and niave. Fact is, I just get tired of all the racial crap so I tend to ignore most of it....

I think what's important is that the 'mascot' logo be treated with respect. I posted a link to FL. The Seminole Tribe leaders actually testified for allowing that team to use the mascot/name. They said they were honored at how time had changed the perception of both the team and the public.

HogTrash
11-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I stand corrected. Guess I am stupid and niave. Fact is, I just get tired of all the racial crap so I tend to ignore most of it....Me too!...That is why I either want to do something about it or get the hell away from it.

But I do know that ignoring it doesn't work...It just makes it worse for the next generation.

And that is not what I want to leave to my children.

glockmail
11-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Good court decosion, but I don't see this as a victory against Pee Cee. Liberals, being childish, will ignore this and continue their attacks on American culture forever.

HogTrash
11-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Good court decosion, but I don't see this as a victory against Pee Cee. Liberals, being childish, will ignore this and continue their attacks on American culture forever.Only because we allow them...I sense the stirrings of a revolution in the air to Political Correctness.

I believe people are slowly becoming aware of the damage political correctness has done to America and freedom.

Kathianne
11-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Only because we allow them...I sense the stirrings of a revolution in the air to Political Correctness.

I believe people are slowly becoming aware of the damage political correctness has done to America and freedom.

I'm thinking that too, but fearing that the powers in power will prevent the movement.

We've already had attacks on tea parties, in a physical attack sense. Will those be prosecuted? It seems possible we are heading to a brown shirt time.

cat slave
11-18-2009, 12:11 AM
"Nigger" is an insult. "Redskin" isn't.

These people need to get a life.

First of all, "nigger" is an attitude not a skin color!
Second, it started out just being the pronunciation of "Negro".
Third, it became a an insult when it became profitable for those who
manipulate their own race for profit.

Everybody needs to get over themselves and get on with it...we have
bigger fish to fry.

glockmail
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Only because we allow them...I sense the stirrings of a revolution in the air to Political Correctness.

For many perhaps but I'm not sure it will be a significant majority. This is the age were our federal government calls acts of terrorism "man caused disasters", refuses to acknowledge the obvious about Fort Hood and is putting the masterminds of 9-11 on civilian trial, with full Constitutional rights to the non-Americans who murdered 3000 Americans in and act of war, and doing so in New York City.

Binky
11-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Me too!...That is why I either want to do something about it or get the hell away from it.

But I do know that ignoring it doesn't work...It just makes it worse for the next generation.

And that is not what I want to leave to my children.

Yeah, Hog. I certainly understand. I have two grandaughters. One is entering her teens while the younger one is banging on its doors. I just want a better world for them and any future great grands we may end up having.

And you're right, ignoring it hasn't worked. That just makes it easier for all the liberals to step in and do whatever they choose to, which in turn, makes it that much more difficult for the coming generations.

The pc crapola is just a way of controlling our speech. It's all about control. I don't use such language. I think using negative terms are destructive. But, by the same token, I don't think we should be bombarded with pc shit either. I think we should be old enough to decide for ourselves as to whether or not a slur is the proper word or words to use. I think it should be up to the individual to keep a check on him or herself. Next, the powers that be will put a tracking device in our bedrooms to see how many times we each have sex. Or they'll find a way to see how many of us are out there sneaking around behind our spouses and having sex with others.....Or we'll end up being forced into getting some sort of implant that will control our actions......

Binky
11-19-2009, 04:16 PM
I think what's important is that the 'mascot' logo be treated with respect. I posted a link to FL. The Seminole Tribe leaders actually testified for allowing that team to use the mascot/name. They said they were honored at how time had changed the perception of both the team and the public.

I didn't know that. Thanks for enlightening us...One thing for sure, time can certainly change ones perspective on an issue.....

Binky
11-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Good court decosion, but I don't see this as a victory against Pee Cee. Liberals, being childish, will ignore this and continue their attacks on American culture forever.

Of course they will, because we've closed our eyes and let it happen. They will keep doing whatever they are doing until the rest of us get up and actually do something about it. It'll take a movement to get it rolling. A revolution.... There will come a time, when the people will finally decide, that enough is enough......It's coming. It will one day arrive.... It's been done before. It'll be done once again....