PDA

View Full Version : My daughter's PC day at school

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Here's another installation in the ongoing saga of life today in a public high school.

Today was the school's second annual "keep silent" day, in honor of gays and lesbians. The school's Gay-Straight Alliance group promoted it, and those who participated did not talk all day.

Here's the kicker: participants did not have to respond to any teacher's questions, or otherwise participate vocally in class. They wore stickers to ensure others knew what they were "honoring". Those students were effectively absent from class all day, while simultaneously providing a distraction to other students.

All this, while students cannot even have a mere moment of silence for prayer. Is it any wonder that homeschooling is getting more and more popular?

darin
04-18-2007, 03:01 PM
HOW GAY!! erp...I mean...yeah..seriously though - the Principal in charge of that school - OR the district - needs to know that kinda crap shouldn't fly.

:(

:-/

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 03:07 PM
HOW GAY!! erp...I mean...yeah..seriously though - the Principal in charge of that school - OR the district - needs to know that kinda crap shouldn't fly.

:(

:-/

My daughter had the same reaction. The word 'gay' has apparently come to mean anything really dumb or in any sense uncool.

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I would have been jabbering away all day then. And doing everything I could to get the fag supporters to say something.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I would have been jabbering away all day then. And doing everything I could to get the fag supporters to say something.

Some supporters were hand-signalling and writing notes all day. ;)

glockmail
04-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Some supporters were hand-signalling and writing notes all day. ;) Here's the only hand signal these supporters should get in response: :fu:

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 07:49 AM
So they let the pro-life people wear tape over their mouths, paint their faces, and not speak during the day. This is no worse. Students do have the right to free speech, which this would be, political speech even in silence as long as things aren't disrupted and I'll tell ya people being quite for the day are not going to be that disruptive.

theHawk
04-19-2007, 08:01 AM
So they let the pro-life people wear tape over their mouths, paint their faces, and not speak during the day. This is no worse. Students do have the right to free speech, which this would be, political speech even in silence as long as things aren't disrupted and I'll tell ya people being quite for the day are not going to be that disruptive.

Free speech in a frickin classroom? Are you kidding? Students are there to learn. Doing this kind of crap is just disruptive to students and does ZERO for their education. Kids can go protest or support whatever causes they want, on their own time, not the taxpayers'.

darin
04-19-2007, 08:45 AM

Are you saying it's not disrupting to a class when some idiot children refuse to speak, even when called upon to do so by the teacher? Are you saying you really have such a poor grasp on what "Free Speech" really means that you assume ANYTHING idiot children want to do is 'just fine'? If my son or daughter participated in such a 'protest' I'd whoop their ass, then repent, because obviously I would have been failing them, as a Father.

-Cp
04-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's another installation in the ongoing saga of life today in a public high school.

Today was the school's second annual "keep silent" day, in honor of gays and lesbians. The school's Gay-Straight Alliance group promoted it, and those who participated did not talk all day.

Here's the kicker: participants did not have to respond to any teacher's questions, or otherwise participate vocally in class. They wore stickers to ensure others knew what they were "honoring". Those students were effectively absent from class all day, while simultaneously providing a distraction to other students.

All this, while students cannot even have a mere moment of silence for prayer. Is it any wonder that homeschooling is getting more and more popular?

One word comes to mind here: IRONY!! Last I checked it's the homo's who are the most vocal - always doing their stupid parades and such down the streets of cities around America... doing chants etc... Can't say I've ever seen the hetro's out marching the streets...

So if they wanted to teach kids what it's like to be a queer they should've had the hetro's be quiet and the faggots out marching around the playground holding their liberal-ass rainbow flags...

Hobbit
04-19-2007, 11:31 AM

I can see myself at that now. I'd find somebody with one of those stickers on them and start making smug, snide comments around them, and obviously enjoying the fact that they couldn't talk. It's a stupid idea, and goading somebody into breaking their silent protest sounds like loads of fun.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 12:23 PM

Haven't seen this in her school. But if it did happen, I would feel the same way. You are in school to learn, and participate in class if called upon. And to not disrupt learning. You have had the lie-bral free speech mantra so drummed into you, you have no perspective.

Any of those kids can feel free to march down the street "honoring gayness" on their own time if they so choose. Here's something for you to chew on: Do you think your employer will allow you to refuse to speak at work, in the guise of free speech?

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Well Abbey, seems nationwide:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/346203,CST-NWS-tshirt18.article

Judge upholds ban on anti-gay T-shirts

April 18, 2007
BY NATASHA KORECKI Federal Courts Reporter nkorecki@suntimes.com
A federal judge on Tuesday upheld a Naperville high school's decision to ban "Be Happy, Not Gay" T-shirts.

U.S. District Judge William Hart declined to issue a preliminary injunction that would have allowed students to wear the T-shirts at a Thursday event.

Two students at Neuqua Valley High School in Naperville -- who say they are deeply Christian and believe homosexuality is immoral -- brought their complaint to federal court. They wanted to wear the T-shirts a day after the Gay/Straight Alliance holds a day of silence today. Last year, one of the students who filed the complaint wore a "Be Straight, Not Gay" T-shirt and the school wanted the "not gay" stricken.

The school district was willing to allow the students alternatives such as "Be Happy, Be Straight" but didn't want the phrase "not gay," saying it was derogatory. The school likened it to saying "Be Happy, Not Christian."

Because the district offered alternatives, it was not violating the students' freedom of expression, Hart wrote.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 01:08 PM
I'll get some responces in on this. Just in school now and have to be quick if I want lunch.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Yup, Kathianne. Your article points out that gay day caused even more disruptions at school, where it doesn't belong.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Anything can cause disruption. If you were to go for banning things to prevent any chance of disruption you'd have to ban the kids themselves.

More when i get home and no students don't leave their free speech at the school door and this was upheld by the SC.

darin
04-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Anything can cause disruption. If you were to go for banning things to prevent any chance of disruption you'd have to ban the kids themselves.

Logical Fallacy - you are trying to shift the focus of the discussion to specific ACTIONS of students distracting from the learning environment, to a discussion about "Are kids themselves a distraction?"

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 03:15 PM

More when i get home and no students don't leave their free speech at the school door and this was upheld by the SC.

Not a good analogy. Schools do discipline kids who disrupt class. They are taken out of class, given detention, suspended. However, this PC nonsense can disrupt class all day, and yet is untouchable.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Just following ya'll argument that nothing that could even possibly cause a disruption shouldn't be allowed in school.

darin
04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Just following ya'll argument that nothing that could even possibly cause a disruption shouldn't be allowed in school.

Now you are taking extreme examples...it's classic, really...makes me giggle:

"NOTHING" which could even POSSIBLY cause a disruption...nobody has said that. YOU are saying that in a way to ridicule the idea that school should be orderly.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Kids not speaking for a day also will not make the school disorderly. The teachers knew this protest would happen and would not dusrupt class to try to force a kid to speak and break the protest. Sorry some kids not speaking for a day in a political protest is their right. School is not just to learn reading and math it is to learn about life and these kids should be appaulded for being political activists in a proper non-voilent way and one of the few ways they can.

Also there is no rule I know of that says you have to speak in school. Some kids actually never.

darin
04-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Sorry some kids not speaking for a day in a political protest is their right.

First, this wasn't a POLITICAL PROTEST...it was a SOCIAL protest.

Secondly, Children are in school to LEARN. Schools should not be a social/political/religious stage for a Jacked-up kid (My Opinion) to rant and rave on behalf of people with sexual disorders.

School is not just to learn reading and math it is to learn about life and these kids should be appaulded for being political activists in a proper non-voilent way and one of the few ways they can.

Where do politics come into this?

Also there is no rule I know of that says you have to speak in school. Some kids actually never.

Again - logical fallacy; what you are saying is so far off of the point it's laughable.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 03:50 PM
It is a political subject, gay rights and all that. All social protests are entwined with the political. The civil rights protests were of course social but also political as an example.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 03:58 PM
It is a political subject, gay rights and all that. All social protests are entwined with the political. The civil rights protests were of course social but also political as an example.

They can be all political and such before and after school hours, and all weekend if they'd like. The object of this nonsense is to get society, in this case, straight students, to join their bandwagon. Interestingly, it may be having the opposite effect, as I mentioned earlier. Polarizing kids, when they should be together focused onlearning.

School is for learning. With kids doing poorly in English, Math and Science (as you youself have said), they need all the focus on those subjects they can get. Are you not aware that that is why you are there?

Pretty soon you can go your merry way and protest all the live long day, if you can afford it. But for now, try to focus on learning. For your own and society's sake.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Not what the SC said.

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/speech/faqs.aspx?id=33&

In Tinker, the Supreme Court said that students "do not shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate." The court ruled that Iowa public school officials violated the First Amendment rights of several students by suspending them for wearing black armbands to school.

The court noted that the students’ wearing of armbands to protest U.S. involvement in Vietnam was a form of symbolic speech "akin to pure speech." The school officials tried to justify their actions, saying that the armbands would disrupt the school environment.

But, the Supreme Court said that "in our system, undifferentiated fear or apprehension of disturbance is not enough to overcome the right to freedom of expression." School officials cannot silence student speech simply because they dislike it or it is controversial or unpopular. Rather, according to the court, school officials must reasonably forecast that student speech will cause a "substantial disruption" or "material interference" with school activities or "invade the rights of others" before they can censor student expression. The Tinker case is considered the high-water mark for student First Amendment rights.

darin
04-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Not what the SC said.

What isn't what the SC said?

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Not what the SC said.

Leaving alone for the moment the liberal tendencies of the courts, I would argue that there is a difference between weating an arm band, and refusing to speak in class when called upon.

Many public schools have implemented dress codes for the reasons of non-distraction, too. Our elementary schools do not allow any insignia or writing whatsoever on clothing for that reason.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 04:16 PM
http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/speech/faqs.aspx?id=33&#q33

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Leaving alone for the moment the liberal tendencies of the courts, I would argue that there is a difference between weating an arm band, and refusing to speak in class when called upon.
The teacher knew the protest, the kids doing it were identified with a sticker, they would not call on them.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
The teacher knew the protest, the kids doing it were identified with a sticker, they would not call on them.

How is that not disruptive to the learning process?

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Teacher don't need to call on you for you to learn. It's also not disruptive because it was a one day thing. I could see your point if they did it for a longer time but they didn't and many proabaly didn't make it thru the day.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 04:26 PM
The disruption has to be substancial.

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/speech/faqs.aspx?faq=student_rights

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Sons a bitchin FAGGOTS! Political and social arguements aside, the REAL reason this.... PROTEST.... was staged, is INDOCTRINATION. Queers realize that young children can easily be influenced, and that there's no better place to find young impressionable children, that are also a captive audience, than at a school. This is an outright blatant attempt by the FAGGOT EMPIRE to indoctrinate NEW MEAT into their SICK SEXUAL PERVERSION!

The flip side of this coin should be the school to allow students to go the day speachless in OPPOSITION to the fags. They should have EVERY RIGHT to do just that. If not, then it's DISCRIMINATION against being STRAIGHT!

glockmail
04-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I wish people would just say what's on their mind instead of beating around the bush like that.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 04:46 PM
The flip side of this coin should be the school to allow students to go the day speachless in OPPOSITION to the fags. They should have EVERY RIGHT to do just that. If not, then it's DISCRIMINATION against being STRAIGHT!

Yes they would have every right to do that.

As for the rest, paranoid crap.

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes they would have every right to do that.

As for the rest, paranoid crap.

As for the rest, it's straight talk from a straight man who's opinion is shared by the vast majority. I know it upsets faggots and their enablers to be exposed like that, but that's the intended result.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Kids not speaking for a day also will not make the school disorderly. The teachers knew this protest would happen and would not dusrupt class to try to force a kid to speak and break the protest. Sorry some kids not speaking for a day in a political protest is their right. School is not just to learn reading and math it is to learn about life and these kids should be appaulded for being political activists in a proper non-voilent way and one of the few ways they can.

Problem with the Naperville thing, Gay kids can wear a rainbow t-shirt, signifying pro. The the administration says the others can wear, "Be strait" and that's ok. Let's take a moment to think of 14-18 year olds that disagree with either? Setting up confrontations is not a good thing.

What if all the strait kids had a 'day of silence'? Using hand gestures?

Sorry, k-12 are not the grades for sexual preferences or endorsements. Curtail all the freedom of speech regarding sexuality.

BTW, I'm all for rules against harrassment, if they preclude k-3.

shattered
04-19-2007, 07:18 PM

*nudge*

You're a minor under the age of 18, who can not support yourself on your own - that means you don't have "rights" to shit. :)

stephanie
04-19-2007, 07:22 PM
NO protests of any sort should be allowed in a taxpayer funded school..PEROID..

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 07:23 PM
NO protests of any sort should be allowed in a taxpayer funded school..PEROID..

Agreed, including students leaving school to hoist a foreign flag above the American flag.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 07:35 PM
You're a minor under the age of 18, who can not support yourself on your own - that means you don't have "rights" to shit. :)

Well I could support myself on my own, just not too well or to the level I have now living off my parents.

Yes even kids have rights, you have the right not to be assualted, descriminated against ect.

shattered
04-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Well I could support myself on my own, just not too well or to the level I have now living off my parents.

Yes even kids have rights, you have the right not to be assualted, descriminated against ect.

Really.. You're in school, but you have a job making enough to pay full rent on an apartment, furnish it, pay the utilities, buy clothes, food, insurance, car upkeep, plus payments if applicable...?

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 07:44 PM
You get gov aid. When you make little enough it's not too hard to get it. I know plenty of kids that have their own appartments or live with thier boyfriends. You can also quit and work full time.

shattered
04-19-2007, 07:46 PM
You get gov aid. When you make little enough it's not too hard to get it. I know plenty of kids that have their own appartments or live with thier boyfriends. You can also quit and work full time.

I'm sorry, but relying on government aid is NOT supporting YOURSELF. It's someone else supporting you.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
It's not your parents though and you still have the same rights and more since they now have no control over you.

I could also travel around spare changing for cash and what not. Not supporting yourself well but you are your own and your sole support.

shattered
04-19-2007, 07:52 PM
It's not your parents though and you still have the same rights and more since they now have no control over you.

I could also travel around spare changing for cash and what not. Not supporting yourself well but you are your own and your sole support.

No, dear child.. When you are supporting yourself, that means you are your sole source of income - not sponging off society, the government, stealing spare change, etc.

It means you work a 40-hour week, and the paycheck you bring home at the end of that week is enough for you to live on without outside assistance.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm still waiting for you to prove the no rights if your not 18 things.

As for support, all those I listed are supporting yourself with the few options available to you if it becomes necessary. Maybe not the way you would like someone to but they can support their lifestyle by such means.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 07:57 PM

As for support, all those I listed are supporting yourself with the few options available to you if it becomes necessary. Maybe not the way you would like someone to but they can support their lifestyle by such means.

Waiting for who?

shattered
04-19-2007, 07:57 PM

If you need outside help, you obviously can't support "your lifestyle".. Duh?

stephanie
04-19-2007, 07:58 PM
No, dear child.. When you are supporting yourself, that means you are your sole source of income - not sponging off society, the government, stealing spare change, etc.

It means you work a 40-hour week, and the paycheck you bring home at the end of that week is enough for you to live on without outside assistance.

No kidding..I was thinking if her answers is the way a majority of the generation of today thinks, we're in trouble...sheeesh

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
It's not simply outside help, it's money you have to seak out on your own to get. The gov or people don't just hand it to you and if you want to make a living that away it's no worse than any other "jobs".

shattered
04-19-2007, 08:03 PM
It's not simply outside help, it's money you have to seak out on your own to get. The gov or people don't just hand it to you and if you want to make a living that away it's no worse than any other "jobs".

Seek out? OMG! NO! They don't just hand it to you? What? You have to fill out a piece of paper saying "Support me - I'm too lazy to do it myself!"?

<i>**bangs head on desk and walks away**</i>

Sometimes you can be dumber than a brick wall.

stephanie
04-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Seek out? OMG! NO! They don't just hand it to you? What? You have to fill out a piece of paper saying "Support me - I'm too lazy to do it myself!"?

<i>**bangs head on desk and walks away**</i>

Sometimes you can be dumber than a brick wall.

Gotta spread some rep before giving it to Shat again...:clap:

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 08:05 PM

But shattered... don't you know what these kids have been taught? They've been taught, "it takes a village".

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
lol whatever, now back to the rights. Under 18s do not have rights because they are controlled by their parents but not always and not all rights.

Now I could run away and have my freedom and right to do whatever but then I have no reason too. I like my life okay now and know I would not be able to support myself at a level I would want but some kids do. Do they not have "rights" when they are supporting themselves and lnot living with a parent/gardian.

shattered
04-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Pardon me.. I must obviously be the dumb one.. Working when I can get free money just by "seeking it out". Shit.. What the hell am I doing actually *paying* for my house..

shattered
04-19-2007, 08:09 PM
lol whatever, now back to the rights. Under 18s do not have rights because they are controlled by their parents but not always and not all rights.

Now I could run away and have my freedom and right to do whatever but then I have no reason too. I like my life okay now and know I would not be able to support myself at a level I would want but some kids do. Do they not have "rights" when they are supporting themselves and lnot living with a parent/gardian.

Lemme put it this way.. You ain't entitled to shit, until you earn it. Period.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:11 PM
So your not entitled to free speech because you haven't earned it or any other rights. What exactly great thing did you do to earn those things besides being born here like everyone else including me. Those are thing you didn't earn but were given at birth due to your country of origin.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 08:13 PM
So your not entitled to free speech because you haven't earned it or any other rights. What exactly great thing did you do to earn those things besides being born here like everyone else including me. Those are thing you didn't earn but were given at birth due to your country of origin.

How about fitting within the rules that took us to get to the point that we could afford rent/mortgage, taxes, car payments, food, utilities, credit ratings high enough to get and keep credit cards?

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:15 PM
People who can' afford those thing still have that right. It's not given out just because you do those things and think you earned something. You are born with the rights, you don't have to earn anything.

shattered
04-19-2007, 08:15 PM

You're only entitled to free speech because someone else gave their ass to GIVE you that right. IOW, HANDED to you - you didn't EARN it. You EARN things by giving back and going through life doing what's right - not sucking up whatever the next free thing you can get your grubby little mitts on is.

When you're a kid in school, by being born here, you earned the right to go to school and learn reading, math, english, history, etc. Not disrupt everyone elses time with stupid shit. You do that on your OWN time - you know - the time you earn by doing what the hell your parents tell you so they don't ground you.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Well apprently they did have the right because the school allowed and most likely supported their protest.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Well apprently they did have the right because the school allowed and most likely supported their protest.

So now the schools are 'always right'? Cool.

shattered
04-19-2007, 08:19 PM

No, see, years ago, the teachers would have stopped it, and the kids would have been removed from school for disrupting, they'd have gotten home and gotten their ass cracked by their parents for fucking up.. NOW what happens is people like you start throwing fits, suing teachers, suing schools citing "abusive behavior", and teachers aren't ALLOWED to do their jobs.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
No but kids have rights and school have rights and can do things whether you think they should be able to or not. This time I agree with them, maybe next time I wont but they still have the "right".

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 08:22 PM
No but kids have rights and school have rights and can do things whether you think they should be able to or not. This time I agree with them, maybe next time I wont but they still have the "right".

So you agree with the schools, when they hold your pov. But not when they disagree. Yep, you are a child. Stay home, you are not ready for the world.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:23 PM
That's everybody not just me. We all have our own little opinions and tend to support people and ideas that share them.

shattered
04-19-2007, 08:23 PM

Kids don't have the right to do anything except what their parents tell them. If their parents are telling them to disrupt classes, then the parents are setting the kids up for failure, and they'll turn out to be just like you, Ms. I Have Rights And Am Entitled To Government Money Because I Don't Have Enough Of My Own To Live How I Want.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 08:25 PM
That's everybody not just me. We all have our own little opinions and tend to support people and ideas that share them.

Actually I teach 6th graders more mature in their thinking. The 7th and 8th graders, I doubt any would agree with you. I'm not talking about topic, but logic.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Well I'm pretty good for a lot of teenagers so I guess once the world is full of people like me things will be pretty cool.

I never said the government owed me, I said if I needed to support myself but could very well with a job I'd take the government aid offered to me.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Actually I teach 6th graders more mature in their thinking. The 7th and 8th graders, I doubt any would agree with you. I'm not talking about topic, but logic.

You don't know what they really think, they tell you what you want to here to get the grade.

shattered
04-19-2007, 08:28 PM
You don't know what they really think, they tell you what you want to here to get the grade.

6th graders aren't that corrupt yet.. They don't think far enough ahead to "lie to get the grade", and even if they tried, people can see right through them.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Not always. They also don't think about political things enough to really have their views clear. They normally immulate what they are influenced by, parents, teachers, ect.

stephanie
04-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Well I'm pretty good for a lot of teenagers so I guess once the world is full of people like me things will be pretty cool.

I never said the government owed me, I said if I needed to support myself but could very well with a job I'd take the government aid offered to me.

What type of government aid are you talking about??

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
What type of government aid are you talking about??
I'd have to look up the programs. It's kinda hard to get if you don't have kids but in many/some places you can still get a gov check if you make less than x amount or are out of work.

stephanie
04-19-2007, 08:33 PM
I'd have to look up the programs. It's kinda hard to get if you don't have kids but in many/some places you can still get a gov check if you make less than x amount or are out of work.

How did you learn about this if you don't have kids, and your still in school??

shattered
04-19-2007, 08:35 PM

You don't have to look shit up. It's called General Assistance, and it's the equivalent of WELFARE for people without kids.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:36 PM
How did you learn about this if you don't have kids, and your still in school??
TV, internet, and looked some stuff up when I had to do a history current affairs paper on a subject dealing with US gov. programs but that was two years ago.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 08:37 PM
You don't have to look shit up. It's called General Assistance, and it's the equivalent of WELFARE for people without kids.
I'm guessing that's what I'm thinking of.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 08:46 PM
TV, internet, and looked some stuff up when I had to do a history current affairs paper on a subject dealing with US gov. programs but that was two years ago.

Your time would be better spent becoming familiar with current US history. I seem to remember something about being unfamiliar with Black Hawk Down?

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:01 PM
I know the story just didn't know the country. There were a lot of little wars between Reagan, Bush 1, and Clinton.

But we went into their as peacekeeper to gaurd UN food conveys and such and underestimated the attaks that were going to happen. Never caught the either behind most of it either even though we tried to capture him.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I know the story just didn't know the country. There were a lot of little wars between Reagan, Bush 1, and Clinton.

But we went into their as peacekeeper to gaurd UN food conveys and such and underestimated the attaks that were going to happen. Never caught the either behind most of it either even though we tried to capture him.

not really, seriously there are better uses of your time.

shattered
04-19-2007, 09:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/deadhorse.gif

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Let's see Bosnia, Somalia, gulf 1/Iraq, Nicaragua, panama, Haiti. All limited wars with most working out okay.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:17 PM
not really, seriously there are better uses of your time.
There are plenty of uses for my time, early release tomorrow so I'll spend a lot of time hanging out and walking downtown for the trifest. Internet, messaging, emailing, myspace, reading news all also good us of time. Even playing here.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
There are plenty of uses for my time, early release tomorrow so I'll spend a lot of time hanging out and walking downtown for the trifest. Internet, messaging, emailing, myspace, reading news all also good us of time. Even playing here.

I'll give you the 'you are young' caveat, however, from what I've read you wish to be taken as significant, you are failing.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I wish to be taken as whatever. I get my enjoyment out of posting my opinions, how others react to them doesn't much matter. The negative reactions are normally more fun anyhow.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Forgot Grenada and Yugoslavia., we were involved in fighting there as well.

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 09:24 PM

Oooh my freakin' God.... WOW.... is this where you'll all sit down and sing Kum Ba Ya?

I've been reading all of what you've been saying in an induced stupor of disbelief. I have to tell you, your head is so full of MUSH, it's hard to comprehend all the brain washing it took to get it like that.

I'll tell you what, if all people your age were like you, and I can assure you they're NOT, if you people came of age and took over, there WOULDN'T BE any America LEFT! The first little third world piss ant dictator that threatened you would send all of you rose colored glasses wearing hippies running for cover, looking for a white flag of surrender to wave. And I'd guess the first thing you'd ask for is something for free. "We're your prisoners now, feed us".

Where is your individuality? Where is your pride?

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Oooh my freakin' God.... WOW.... is this where you'll all sit down and sing Kum By Ya?

I've been reading all of what you've been saying in an induced stupor of disbelief. I have to tell you, your head is so full of MUSH, it's hard to comprehend all the brain washing it took to get it like that.

I'll tell you what, if all people your age were like you, and I can assure you they're NOT, if you people came of age and took over, there WOULDN'T BE any America LEFT! The first little third world piss ant dictator that threatened you would send all of you rose colored glasses wearing hippies running for cover, looking for a white flag of surrender to wave. And I'd guess the first thing you'd ask for is something for free. "We're your prisoners now, feed us".

Where is your individuality? Where is your pride?

Yup, she claims to be a senior in HS, my middle schoolers are more mature.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:27 PM
I am not atnti-war or a pacifist. I also not going to support a long drawn out war that not going well and will lead to little benifit for the US either aka Iraq.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Junior, I'm sure you might think so. Opinions on a message board are hardly a good way to judge maturity though.

shattered
04-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Junior, I'm sure you might think so. Opinions on a message board are hardly a good way to judge maturity though.

They're actually a very good way to judge maturity.

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 09:29 PM

Almost unbelievable. What a dough head. Her writings are about as unrealistic and out in orbit as I've read for quite some time.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:30 PM
You can't accurately judge someone you've never met and know little about. Just a reactionary gosh she’s a liberal and liberals suck doesn’t quite cut it.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Almost unbelievable. What a dough head. Her writings are about as unrealistic and out in orbit as I've read for quite some time.
It's all subjective, some think I'm too conservative, believe it or not and say the same thing because of that.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 09:32 PM

Actually I think they are too representative of a certain percentage of students. Not most of our best and brightest, nor the middle.

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 09:32 PM
It's all subjective, some think I'm too conservative, believe it or not and say the same thing because of that.

You're in no way conservative. You are however, very immature. You have a massive waterfall behind your ears.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:33 PM
lol also subjective.

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Actually I think they are too representative of a certain percentage of students. Not most of our best and brightest, nor the middle.

I know I stay away from most youth for a reason. If I had to listen to talk like that for very long, I'd have a hard time not slapping some sense into them.

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 09:35 PM
lol also subjective.

Fact.

LiberalNation
04-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Such things ca't be proven fact because opinion are your only judge of them. AkA no hard evidence that isn't subjective itself.

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Such things ca't be proven fact because opinion are your only judge of them. AkA no hard evidence that isn't subjective itself.

You've been talking, I've been listening. I'm old and wise enough to know you're immature. Nothing more complicated about it.

You're diatribe on this issue is simply liberal psychobabble.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 10:49 PM

Sad that you are already positively attuned to gov't. handouts.

04-20-2007, 05:14 AM
I am not atnti-war or a pacifist. I also not going to support a long drawn out war that not going well and will lead to little benifit for the US either aka Iraq.

So unless a war is finished within half an hour, there is no point to it?

04-20-2007, 05:15 AM
They're actually a very good way to judge maturity.

I agree. You can tell alot from a person by the way they speak or write. Words mean something and the words we use show us who we are.

04-20-2007, 05:17 AM

Considering you've opposed practically ever conservative position in your posts as you have, if you are too conservative, then you are thinking you need to be on the far far left. Im not sure that is healthy.

LiberalNation
04-20-2007, 06:52 AM
So unless a war is finished within half an hour, there is no point to it?
No unless you have a reasonable chance of success in an optional war there is no point in it. We could stay there for 20 years and it will still end like the soviets and their failed attempt at occupation & support of a government they liked in Afghanistan.

04-20-2007, 09:01 AM
No unless you have a reasonable chance of success in an optional war there is no point in it. We could stay there for 20 years and it will still end like the soviets and their failed attempt at occupation & support of a government they liked in Afghanistan.

Your lack of historical perspective, while not surprising, is really sad.

LiberalNation
04-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Okay historical perspective, when has an occupation ever worked in a radical Islamic country or ME.