PDA

View Full Version : The News About Ford Gets Better

Kathianne
11-18-2009, 06:51 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091118/ap_on_bi_ge/us_safe_cars

Ford, Subaru, VW win insurance industry picks

By KEN THOMAS, Associated Press Writer
Wed Nov 18, 3:24 am ET

WASHINGTON – Ford, Subaru and Volkswagen sit atop the insurance industry's annual list of the safest new vehicles, according to a closely watched assessment used by car companies to lure safety-conscious consumers to showrooms.

The Virginia-based Insurance Institute for Highway Safety awarded its "top safety pick" on Wednesday to 19 passenger cars and eight sport utility vehicles for the 2010 model year. The institute substantially reduced the number of awards compared with 2009, because of tougher requirements for roof strength.

Ford Motor Co. and its Volvo unit received the most awards with six, followed by five awards apiece for Japanese automaker Subaru and German automaker Volkswagen AG and its Audi unit...

HogTrash
11-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Most highway injuries and fatalities are not the result of unsafe autos, but of unsafe drivers.

Put down that damn cell phone and big mac, lose the lead foot and pay attention for christ sake!

Joyful HoneyBee
11-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Most highway injuries and fatalities are not the result of unsafe autos, but of unsafe drivers.

Put down that damn cell phone and big mac, lose the lead foot and pay attention for christ sake!

Amen! I often find myself admonishing fellow drivers (though they cannot hear me) telling them if they can't drive while talking on the phone, then just don't drive. :laugh2: