PDA

View Full Version : Gilchrist: Illegal Aliens Waging 'Silent War' on U.S.

Pale Rider
04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Gilchrist: Illegal Aliens Waging 'Silent War' on U.S.

NewsMax.com Wires
Saturday, Jan. 20, 2007

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. is engaged in "a silent war" conducted by illegal aliens that is causing a higher toll than the war in Iraq, according to the founder of an immigration watchdog group.

While the mainstream media is focused on the Iraq war, this ongoing silent war is "taking its toll in lives and domestic tranquility," said Jim Gilchrist, founder of the Minuteman Project.

"Since 9/11 alone, about 45,000 U.S. residents have been killed in action via homicide or manslaughter at the hands of illegal aliens, and about another quarter of a million to 300,000 have been wounded," Gilchrist told Cybercast News Service in an interview.

Gilchrist said he used the terms "killed in action" and "wounded" intentionally "because essentially, we have a war going on here that's not a declared war, that's not a conventional war, but it is costing us 9,000 lives a year."

That amounted to "about 15 times the rate of KIAs [soldiers killed in action] in Iraq," he said.

Gilchrist said the financial cost was also significant.

Welfare benefit programs used strictly by the illegal alien population were costing "$400 billion a year - that's four times the annual cost of the war in Iraq," he argued.

Those funds were being spent on "a plethora of related welfare and benefit-type programs, including medication, education, housing, HUD subsidies, Social Security, all that stuff," Gilchrist said.

"Our coffers are being plundered by those who don't deserve them," he noted. "Those programs were earmarked for American citizens."

He said that figure did not include another half-trillion dollars lost each year "due to payroll and income tax fraud from the underground economy created by having 30 million illegal aliens in the United States."

Gilchrist conceded that not all illegal aliens were working and that not all who are working were doing so "under the table."

"But a good portion of them are, and because they're staying under the radar, no one knows who they are, where they are or what their intentions are."

Estimates of the number of illegal aliens in the U.S. vary considerably, but the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) said the numbers cited by Gilchrist "sound about right."

On the costs to the U.S. economy of illegal aliens, the CIS estimates federal costs per year at only $10.6 billion but notes that the vast majority of costs are incurred at the local and state levels.

Crime statistics relating to illegal aliens are hazy, but on his website, Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, says that 12 homicides and 13 drunk driving deaths a day are attributed to illegal aliens.

In testimony before the House Judiciary Committee immigration subcommittee in 2005, Manhattan Institute Senior Fellow Heather Mac Donald said that in Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide and up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants in the first half of the previous year targeted illegal aliens.

Representatives from the National Council of La Raza and the National Immigration Forum declined requests for comment on this article.

According to the Americas Project at the Center for American Progress, the U.S. is "making a futile attempt at using Border Patrol agents and physical barriers to regulate our labor market."

"This massive misapplication of resources fails to make us safer and will not be remedied through appeals to fear, symbolism or by throwing good money after bad," project director Dan Restrepo says on the center's website.

"A safer, modern immigration system must combine border and workplace enforcement with mechanisms to regulate future flows of immigrants into our country and allow the 12 million undocumented already here to emerge from the shadows," he added.

'Multi-ethnic'

Gilchrist, a 56-year-old Marine veteran who received a Purple Heart for wounds sustained during the Vietnam War, founded the Minuteman Project in 2004 after "years of frustrated efforts trying to get a neglectful U.S. government to simply enforce existing immigration laws."

The Minuteman Project describes itself as a "citizens' vigilance operation." Its main activity is to monitor the flow of illegal aliens across the U.S. border from Mexico, though the group also promotes proactive enforcement of the nation's immigration laws.

As Cybercast News Service previously reported, the group has been opposed by the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), which a year ago accused the group of being "racists" and "cowards."

Earlier this month, Brent Wilkes, national executive director of LULAC, told Cybercast News Service that the Minuteman Project consisted of "pretty crazy folks."

Gilchrist dismissed such accusations as "so ridiculous they hardly even merit a reply. If Wilkes would go to my website, he'd see that we're a multi-ethnic - and I repeat, a multi-ethnic - immigration law-enforcement advocacy group."

"My problem is not with legal immigrants. My grandparents were legal immigrants from Greece, Germany and England," he said, adding that charges of racism are "the last resort of a scoundrel losing an argument."

Still, Gilchrist said he sees a hopeful future regarding illegal immigration, in part because "the Minuteman Project is going to force debate on this issue."

"Immigration is still strong in the hearts and minds of Americans, because it goes right to the preservation of our sovereignty," Gilchrist added. "We just want to preserve a civilized society under the rule of law, under the First Amendment. That's the way the Founding Fathers set it up."

Gilchrist also noted another sign of the group's progress. "We've got a guy who wants to start a chapter up in Canada. He'll be the first non-American to be part of the Minuteman Project."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/1/19/152323.shtml?s=lh

Gunny
04-18-2007, 03:38 PM
On the costs to the U.S. economy of illegal immigration, the CIS estimates federal costs per year at only $10.6 billion but notes that the vast majority of costs are incurred at the local and state levels.

"only"?:rolleyes:

Pale Rider
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
"only"?:rolleyes:

You picked up on that too. Makes a person wonder what's going on in the author's head.

Hey... I have an idea... give me .001% of that 10.6 billion and I'll be happy!

Gunny
04-18-2007, 04:39 PM
You picked up on that too. Makes a person wonder what's going on in the author's head.

Hey... I have an idea... give me .001% of that 10.6 billion and I'll be happy!

Long as I get my .001%!:cheers2:

Pale Rider
04-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Long as I get my .001%!:cheers2:

$10,600,000.00. Not a bad payday. Now how about that 10,600,000,000.00? Was "only" the best word to describe it? I think not. But now, how much do illegal aliens CONTRIBUTE to this country? That much? I think not there too. They COST us money. Kick 'em the fuck out.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 04:49 PM
$10,600,000.00. Not a bad payday. Now how about that 10,600,000,000.00? Was "only" the best word to describe it? I think not. But now, how much do illegal aliens CONTRIBUTE to this country? That much? I think not there too. They COST us money. Kick 'em the fuck out.

They don't pay taxes ... they don't have insurance ... and they run home with their money every weekend or so. They pile up who knows how many to an apartment (they busted one with 21 illegals in a 2 br).

I'd say whatever it takes for them to hit the grocery/convenince store like locusts.

Pale Rider
04-18-2007, 05:35 PM
They don't pay taxes ... they don't have insurance ... and they run home with their money every weekend or so. They pile up who knows how many to an apartment (they busted one with 21 illegals in a 2 br).

I'd say whatever it takes for them to hit the grocery/convenince store like locusts.

And look at the complacency and apathy towards this thread Gunny. People just want to ignore this problem, in some sort of deranged hope that it'll just go away all by itself. Well it won't, and it's a BIG PROBLEM! America is going to have to deal with it, and soon. Funny thing is, when asked, most people "say" they want the illegals kicked the hell out and the border secured. But in public, they all act like it's not a problem. I think I know why too. Because they're all afraid of the frothing at the mouth liberals like Sammie that are all too ready to throw out the "racist" and "bigot" names in order to silence them, even though most mouth breathing liberals can't even give you a decent deffinition of what either words mean off the top of their head. They'd have to dictionary.com it. All they know is that's what the rest of their liberal idiot cohorts say, so they say it too. Morons.

I think we should invade mexico, say for maybe five hundred miles south of where the border is now. Secure the area and send all the illegals there, and tell them that that is now their country. It's not mexico and it's not America. But if you jump the northern border now, you'll be shot. Try your luck in the other direction. You know... where you CAME from.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 06:32 PM
And look at the complacency and apathy towards this thread Gunny. People just want to ignore this problem, in some sort of deranged hope that it'll just go away all by itself. Well it won't, and it's a BIG PROBLEM! America is going to have to deal with it, and soon. Funny thing is, when asked, most people "say" they want the illegals kicked the hell out and the border secured. But in public, they all act like it's not a problem. I think I know why too. Because they're all afraid of the frothing at the mouth liberals like Sammie that are all too ready to throw out the "racist" and "bigot" names in order to silence them, even though most mouth breathing liberals can't even give you a decent deffinition of what either words mean off the top of their head. They'd have to dictionary.com it. All they know is that's what the rest of their liberal idiot cohorts say, so they say it too. Morons.

I think we should invade mexico, say for maybe five hundred miles south of where the border is now. Secure the area and send all the illegals there, and tell them that that is now their country. It's not mexico and it's not America. But if you jump the northern border now, you'll be shot. Try your luck in the other direction. You know... where you CAME from.

Give it a chance, pale. Someone will come along and call us racists. :laugh2:

Pale Rider
04-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Give it a chance, pale. Someone will come along and call us racists. :laugh2:

I doubt it brother. Defenders of illegal aliens really don't have a leg to stand on, and they're far out numbered by people of the opposite opinion. Thing is, most reasonable people know it's a bad situation, and they want it remedied. They just don't know how to remedy it. I do. Close the borders with the National Gaurd, deport any illegal alien encountered by law enforcement, and fine the shit out of businesses that hire illegals. You know... pretty much just enforce the laws THAT WE ALREADY HAVE!

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 09:37 PM
I doubt it brother. Defenders of illegal aliens really don't have a leg to stand on, and they're far out numbered by people of the opposite opinion. Thing is, most reasonable people know it's a bad situation, and they want it remedied. They just don't know how to remedy it. I do. Close the borders with the National Gaurd, deport any illegal alien encountered by law enforcement, and fine the shit out of businesses that hire illegals. You know... pretty much just enforce the laws THAT WE ALREADY HAVE!

Your right as usual pale. It's actually a very simple fix.

Pale Rider
04-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Your right as usual pale. It's actually a very simple fix.

Hey Gaffer, I'll disrail my own thread here but, I have to ask, what is your avatar?

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey Gaffer, I'll disrail my own thread here but, I have to ask, what is your avatar?

It's my old brigade patch. 196th Lt Inf. It's a fuse lite on both ends as the type used for old muskets to signify readiness. We always called it the burning worm.

Pale Rider
04-18-2007, 10:58 PM
It's my old brigade patch. 196th Lt Inf. It's a fuse lite on both ends as the type used for old muskets to signify readiness. We always called it the burning worm.

Outstanding! Another brother in arms, and fellow veteran. :salute:

If you haven't yet, you need to give Mr. P your enlistment info. He posts it every Veteran's Day.

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Outstanding! Another brother in arms, and fellow veteran. :salute:

If you haven't yet, you need to give Mr. P your enlistment info. He posts it every Veteran's Day.

I posted in the military thread about it. If he needs any more I'll get with him.

My brigades having a reunion this July over in Kentucky about an hour from here. Looking forward to going to that.

Pale Rider
04-19-2007, 12:20 AM
I posted in the military thread about it. If he needs any more I'll get with him.

My brigades having a reunion this July over in Kentucky about an hour from here. Looking forward to going to that.

No shit. How much fun would that be? I hope you have a good time bud.

I was in a couple different wings in the Air Force. I was in eight years, hence my Master Sergeant stripes avatar. My favorite job was with the 474th Tactical Fighter Wing though at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas. I fell in love with Nevada while I was there. It'd sure be a kick to have a reunion with some of those guys. I've lost touch with all my Air Force buds but one though, down in Georgia, and he wasn't even in my squadron.

theHawk
04-19-2007, 07:55 AM
wow, eye opening article.

Gaffer
04-20-2007, 08:36 PM
No shit. How much fun would that be? I hope you have a good time bud.

I was in a couple different wings in the Air Force. I was in eight years, hence my Master Sergeant stripes avatar. My favorite job was with the 474th Tactical Fighter Wing though at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas. I fell in love with Nevada while I was there. It'd sure be a kick to have a reunion with some of those guys. I've lost touch with all my Air Force buds but one though, down in Georgia, and he wasn't even in my squadron.

I did make it to a reunion 4 years ago and it was a blast. Got some blank spaces filled in too. Hopefully will get to see some more old buddies. Seems like a lot of heart problems among the old unit members.