PDA

View Full Version : If anyone's keeping score...

Joe Steel
11-18-2009, 01:22 PM
If anyone's keeping score, here's the death toll for concealed guns.

As is noted, it comes mostly from published news stories so the counts probably are less than the actual number of bullet-riddled, bloody bodies being racked-up by the much beloved "law-abiding citizens with guns."

CCW Killers (http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm)

NightTrain
11-18-2009, 01:37 PM
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/NightTrain70/Home-Invasion.jpg

'Nuff said.

HogTrash
11-18-2009, 01:42 PM
That's a grand total of 85 and that number includes suicides.

How many of those 85 were bad guys breaking into somebody's home or threatening someone's life?

My guess is alot more than 85 people died last year choking on chicken bones or even slip and falls.

Without those guns, many more people would be murdered each year by the criminals who the good people's mercy would be at.

You are a marxist indoctrinated, brainwashed liberal idiot...It's time for you to report back to wonderland, alice...I think I hear the rabbit calling you home.

Little-Acorn
11-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Let me get this straight.

Anywhere from 30,000 to 60,000 people are killed in the U.S. by people with guns every year, depending on which statistics you listen to. (for example see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States ). I haven't seen any figures on how many of them are criminals killed by other criminals, gangbangers shooting other gangbangers, police killing suspects etc. Also no figures on how many were accidents, suicides, or self-defense.

Little joesteal announces that 85 people have been killed by CCW holders in the last 2-1/2 years, or roughly 35 deaths per year. The figures he presents show that many of them were self-defense (exactly what the CCW permit was for); or accidents or suicides where a CCW permit obviously makes no difference.

In other words, CCW holders caused fewer than one-tenth of a percent of the gun deaths recorded.

Tell me, how many licensed drivers killed people with their cars in the same period? How many people with swimming pools in their backyards, caused the deaths of people by them?

Little joesteal has successfully proven here, that CCW holders are one of the safest groups of people in the country!

Who'd a thought that little joesteal was such an enthusiastic concealed-weapons-carry advocate? :clap:

'Nuff said, eh?

emmett
11-18-2009, 02:04 PM
You stole my glory LA. I was just about to point that exact fact out when I noticed your insightful post.

In addition Joe.......what exactly is it that you are out to do? I mean...explain it to us. Do you want guncontrol? Do you want no gun control? Do you want criminals to have guns?

Here ... let's start here. Ok....you have made it clear that you do not want law abiding citizens to have guns...that much we understand perfectly well. Now, what I would like to know is how you would suggest we get the guns from everyone else.....you know...the criminals.

Let me guess. A house to house search.....right?

Please explain.

Little-Acorn
11-18-2009, 02:09 PM
In fact, you are about ten times as likely to get struck by lightning, than to get killed by a CCW holder in the U.S.!

http://www.weather.gov/om/lightning/medical.htm

Great job of supporting whatever point you thought you were making, little joe...... :lol:

NightTrain
11-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Awwww, you scared the little fella off!

You buncha fact-wielding meanies!

hjmick
11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Let me get this straight.

Anywhere from 30,000 to 60,000 people are killed in the U.S. by people with guns every year, depending on which statistics you listen to. (for example see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States ). I haven't seen any figures on how many of them are criminals killed by other criminals, gangbangers shooting other gangbangers, police killing suspects etc. Also no figures on how many were accidents, suicides, or self-defense.

Little joesteal announces that 85 people have been killed by CCW holders in the last 2-1/2 years, or roughly 35 deaths per year. The figures he presents show that many of them were self-defense (exactly what the CCW permit was for); or accidents or suicides where a CCW permit obviously makes no difference.

In other words, CCW holders caused fewer than one-tenth of a percent of the gun deaths recorded.

Tell me, how many licensed drivers killed people with their cars in the same period? How many people with swimming pools in their backyards, caused the deaths of people by them?

Little joesteal has successfully proven here, that CCW holders are one of the safest groups of people in the country!

Who'd a thought that little joesteal was such an enthusiastic concealed-weapons-carry advocate? :clap:

'Nuff said, eh?

So what you are saying is, this thread is pointless. As is usually the case when Joe's name is attached as the thread starter.

Little-Acorn
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM
So what you are saying is, this thread is pointless. As is usually the case when Joe's name is attached as the thread starter.

Not at all.

I've already pointed out, that little joe has done a good job of proving that concealed-carry permit holders are one of the safest groups to carry guns.

I wonder where little joe has gotten off to? I wanted to praise him in person, but for some reason he's not posted in this thread since starting it.

hjmick
11-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to go someplace else with this topic.

MtnBiker
11-18-2009, 06:54 PM
If anyone is keeping score, what is the number of people saved from assault or robbery by the use of a concealed weapon?

We will never know, news stories are not written about those instances.

Kathianne
11-18-2009, 06:58 PM
If anyone is keeping score, what is the number of people saved from assault or robbery by the use of a concealed weapon?

We will never know, news stories are not written about those instances.

But here's a site with plenty of citations, how good? I saw a U of C story, my alma mater is quite good with studies. ;)

http://gunowners.org/sk0802.htm

namvet
11-18-2009, 07:19 PM

As is noted, it comes mostly from published news stories so the counts probably are less than the actual number of bullet-riddled, bloody bodies being racked-up by the much beloved "law-abiding citizens with guns."

I can get ya an AK-47. cheap to. how bout it????

glockmail
11-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the reminder Joe. My permit is about to expire and I have to renew it....

emmett
11-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Once more the repetive post:

What was the last thing the Liberal who was coward down under their kitchen table in the middle of the night while the footsteps drew nearer wished they had?

A GUN

namvet
11-18-2009, 08:16 PM

What was the last thing the Liberal who was coward down under their kitchen table in the middle of the night while the footsteps drew nearer wished they had?

A GUN

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/9/12/633883123358147650-thiswasonlyusedonce.jpg

designed with liberals in mind

HogTrash
11-18-2009, 08:50 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/9/12/633883123358147650-thiswasonlyusedonce.jpg

designed with liberals in mindYou say it was designed with a liberal in mind and only used once?

Exactly how many shots did it take before they hit anything?

The normal liberal would have had to reload several times.

namvet
11-18-2009, 09:02 PM
You say it was designed with a liberal in mind and only used once?

Exactly how many shots did it take before they hit anything?

The normal liberal would have had to reload several times.

if their thinking of Rush or Palin they'll hit the mark

Joe Steel
11-18-2009, 10:08 PM
This thread, as the title says, dimwits, is about keeping score. The NRA won't let the states or the medical profession keep track of CCW killings so VPC is doing it. Anyone who wants to see what the NRA doesn't want him to see will be able to do it. The website is testament to the stupidity of the gun cult.

NightTrain
11-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Looks like a pretty damned good score to me, Slow Joe.

Little-Acorn
11-19-2009, 08:15 AM
The website is testament to the stupidity of the gun cult.

The gun cult, is not who the site is a testament to the stupidity of..... little joe. :lol:

BTW, you were about to refute the things said about your first post, weren't you?

You CAN refute them..... can't you?

Binky
11-19-2009, 02:24 PM

How many of those 85 were bad guys breaking into somebody's home or threatening someone's life?

My guess is alot more than 85 people died last year choking on chicken bones or even slip and falls.

Without those guns, many more people would be murdered each year by the criminals who the good people's mercy would be at.

You are a marxist indoctrinated, brainwashed liberal idiot...It's time for you to report back to wonderland, alice...I think I hear the rabbit calling you home.

:laugh2::lol: Now there's the Hog, I've come to know and love.........:clap:

Binky
11-19-2009, 02:27 PM
You stole my glory LA. I was just about to point that exact fact out when I noticed your insightful post.

In addition Joe.......what exactly is it that you are out to do? I mean...explain it to us. Do you want guncontrol? Do you want no gun control? Do you want criminals to have guns?

Here ... let's start here. Ok....you have made it clear that you do not want law abiding citizens to have guns...that much we understand perfectly well. Now, what I would like to know is how you would suggest we get the guns from everyone else.....you know...the criminals.

Let me guess. A house to house search.....right?

Please explain.

:clap::clap: Gee, that sounds mighty feasible to me.....r...i...g...h...t....:laugh2:

Binky
11-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Awwww, you scared the little fella off!

You buncha fact-wielding meanies!

:lol::lol:How dare they?

Binky
11-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to go someplace else with this topic.

:laugh2::laugh2: hilarious!

Binky
11-19-2009, 02:33 PM
I can get ya an AK-47. cheap to. how bout it????

:clap:With the way America is going, he's going to need one. And he won't even have to get close and personal with said intruder.

Binky
11-19-2009, 02:36 PM

A GUN

:laugh2::laugh2: Yeah, and not just any old gun...but a bbbbiiiiiiggggg one....Pea shooters don't qualify.....:lol:

Sir Evil
11-19-2009, 03:12 PM
If anyone is keeping the real score they need look no further than joe steels reputation to see he is a douchbag not worthy of a reply.

Little-Acorn
11-19-2009, 04:30 PM
If anyone is keeping the real score they need look no further than joe steels reputation to see he is a douchbag not worthy of a reply.

Certainly true.

But it IS fun to stomp him into the ground like a discarded bottlecap every now and then.
:dance:

Sir Evil
11-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Certainly true.

But it IS fun to stomp him into the ground like a discarded bottlecap every now and then.
:dance:

True, always good to have the clowns to make us laugh.

crin63
11-19-2009, 09:42 PM

I always thought this was a Republican policy making device when they hold the majority in one or more legislative bodies.

sgtdmski
11-22-2009, 05:40 AM

Wow considering that there are some 31000 gun deaths each and every year, in 18 months we now see that Concealed Carry Permit Holders are responsible for a whooping 0.2% of those deaths. Amazing!!!!

Considering the fact that annually 850 people die from the flu that really puts those 85 deaths in perspective.

BTW, law enforcement is involved in some 400 deaths each year as a result of a officer using his weapon, hmmm with that high of a number shouldn't we go after them first before Concealed Carry Permit holders, I mean they have an almost 400% higher rate than the Concealed carry holders.

Just another in a long list of bullshit statistics used to defend the silliest of all ideas ever to make it to the light of day. This silly idea that somehow legal gun owners are responsible for all the deaths.

dmk
dmk

sgtdmski
11-22-2009, 05:49 AM
This thread, as the title says, dimwits, is about keeping score. The NRA won't let the states or the medical profession keep track of CCW killings so VPC is doing it. Anyone who wants to see what the NRA doesn't want him to see will be able to do it. The website is testament to the stupidity of the gun cult.

No the website is a testament to the stupidity of those who want to keep law abiding people from owning guns. Sort of like Rosie O'Donnell, you remember her and her loud boasting about supporting the Million Mom March, with her armed body guards. SO she won't own a gun, but she demands that her body guards carry.

There are statistics that show that the use of a gun has been successful in preventing some 1 million crimes per year from occurring, often without having even to be shot.

Once again, a great testament to the mentality of the anti-gun crowd!!!!!

dmk

Joe Steel
11-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Wow considering that there are some 31000 gun deaths each and every year, in 18 months we now see that Concealed Carry Permit Holders are responsible for a whooping 0.2% of those deaths. Amazing!!!!

No, you don't see.

No one knows how many persons concealed gun carriers have killed. As the site notes, "as the result of a massive campaign led by the gun lobby, almost all states maintain a veil of secrecy around those who have been issued permits to carry concealed handguns." What "we now see" is no official, comprehensive cross-reference of concealed gun carriers and gun killings.

Joe Steel
11-22-2009, 07:22 AM
No the website is a testament to the stupidity of those who want to keep law abiding people from owning guns.

The site counts deaths by concealed gun carriers. It's not keeping track of gun killings by citizens.

Joe Steel
11-22-2009, 07:25 AM

This is a count of concealed gun killings not killings by homeowners. The issue is not gun ownership but concealed gun carrying.

Missileman
11-22-2009, 08:50 AM
This is a count of concealed gun killings not killings by homeowners. The issue is not gun ownership but concealed gun carrying.

Hey Slow Joe...what's the count of people killed by someone carrying concealed WITHOUT a permit?

namvet
11-22-2009, 09:12 AM
nIlfsD5n3DU

NightTrain
11-24-2009, 01:01 PM
While you get Edumacated up on this subject, Joe, I want you take the following back to your overlords when you scamper back to wherever it is you lurk to lick your wounds.

Gun Control - The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Little-Acorn
11-24-2009, 01:22 PM
No one knows how many persons concealed gun carriers have killed. As the site notes, "as the result of a massive campaign led by the gun lobby, almost all states maintain a veil of secrecy around those who have been issued permits to carry concealed handguns." What "we now see" is no official, comprehensive cross-reference of concealed gun carriers and gun killings.

So, you're telling us that the evidence you used to try to denigrate gun owners (or concealed-carry permit owners, whichever your target is this week), is misleading, inaccurate, and useless?

Little joe will never get a concealed-carry permit of his own. No one would EVER issue a permit to someone who shoots himself in the foot as often and consistently as poor little joe.

HogTrash
11-24-2009, 01:37 PM
This is a count of concealed gun killings not killings by homeowners. The issue is not gun ownership but concealed gun carrying."Concealed carry" shooters can include people in their own homes even though they are not required to be licenced in their home.

Why do you fear honest law abiding citizens legally carrying a gun?

You should fear the criminals who will carry guns regardless of the laws.

There are some very bad people in the world in case you haven't been paying attention.

As Americans we have the Constitutional right to protect ourselves, families and property from them.

When the day comes that the government tells us we can no longer do that, Americans will form a new government.

I am happy to report that your marxist ambitions of disarming law-abiding American citizens will never bare fruit.

NightTrain
11-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Little joe will never get a concealed-carry permit of his own. No one would EVER issue a permit to someone who shoots himself in the foot as often and consistently as poor little joe.

I think he qualifies as a sniper when it comes to his foot.

Sitarro
11-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey Joe,
Anyone keeping score of how many drunk Mexicans kill each other every weekend with concealed knives? Every weekend here in Houston.

jimnyc
11-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey Slow Joe...what's the count of people killed by someone carrying concealed WITHOUT a permit?

Considering how the line of questioning was going, and how Joe likes to twist anything to make his point - I find it telling that he now dodges this thread after you asked this question. Undoubtedly, and I'll bet Joe if he's willing, that the count of those killed by unlawful owners is at least 5x that of those with a permit using them unlawfully.