PDA

View Full Version : We're surging right now!

emmett
11-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Oh ... you haven't heard it on the news. Nope! You haven't. For once we have a subject that neither the US Government New Service nor the Fair and Biused Fox News wishes to publisize.

As we speak........tens of thousands of soldiers all over the globe are preparing to head to Afghanistan. I know of three complete Batallions that are leaving right now.

Is Obama gonna admit it? NO. Will he publisize it? NO Will Fox cover it? NO

Here is why this unique form of news coverage will play out.\

Obama does not want the Libs to know that he fully intended to surge the whole time. I personally think he and McChrystal had this all worked out previously.

Fox won;t give credit to Obama for anything. Personally I hate to but I have to say that it has become clear that he is appearing to have orchestrated a good plan to make it look like there was delays and hold ups so he could downplay the attention to plans to go. If so........excellent plan! IF....you are a war dog......which I am not. But I have to give credit where it is due if that is the case. Fox will be caught pants down if this is the case! I'm sure there is no argument there. Actually he will have caught us all with our pants down if this is the case.

Now......nothing is ever as simple as it seems. Obama used this bickering over the surge and build up to add another bird to the stone he threw. He used it cover his sinister plan to push through this ridiculous Health care Bill that no one knows what it says or what it does, how much it costs, who will pay or much else about it. Again.......good plan!

The attention that came from Ft. Hood the other day was unfortunate in that it brought attention to the fact that tons of soldiers were shipping out from all over the world to go right now. Obama did not want that.

If this IS the case and Obama did risk all this bad publicity by appearing to be against or wanting to investigate first or whatever and was intending to go all the time, I applaud him. (God that is hard to say).

I would not be surprised to learn later that some of the apparent Blue Dogs who changed sides in the vote at last minute may have done so by direction under the table so as to push the bill over to the Senate and prolong the coverage by Fox. (Which it certainly did if that be the case). This would kept them focused on that, the Ft. Hood story, the moving of the Gitmo prisoners, the trial announcements, etc,... It appears that many efforts are being taken to keep the surge out of the news. Again, if this is what he was doing, he has done well, at great political risk and UNDER the radar.

Your thoughts:

Mr. P
11-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Got any links, emmett?

Monkeybone
11-19-2009, 08:34 AM
How do we know that the troops at Ft. Hood were a surge? Maybe they were just normal rotation of deployment. It's not like you drop guys off over there for the whole war.

Gaffer
11-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Okay emmett. I can accept you have a possible scenario here. But firstly we are talking about the dark lord and then we are adding in congressional dems. All doing something smart and sensible. That's really stretching credibility.

It's most likely McChristals plan the the dark lord appears to dawdle. And they are moving the troops in secretly.But I thinks its purely the military involved in this and nothing political. The news media does whatever he says and even FOX will go along with him if he makes the case to them that it helps the troops.

He's working too hard to destroy this country from within for me to buy into his doing something to conspiratorially help the troops. By now the surge would be well under way. Nice to think about but I don't buy it.

crin63
11-19-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm not disputing the possibility of your argument however I know its supposed to be rotation time because I have 2 kids that I grew up around, rotating into Afghanistan as I'm writing this. 1 left today, the other is preparing to leave. Both are Marines and they are rotating in, not part of surge according to their parents. That is unless of course they were lied too which is always a possibility as well.

The 1 already did 3 tours in Iraq, this will be his 1st time to Afghanistan and as squad leader.

gabosaurus
11-19-2009, 03:35 PM
We should be surging back home so no other American soldiers will die. Including anyone's friends or relatives.

Monkeybone
11-20-2009, 07:35 AM
We should be surging back home so no other American soldiers will die. Including anyone's friends or relatives.

agreed. I'd rather they surge with 100,000 troops to secure everything to pull out than fiddle fart around and send 20,000 to sit around with the ones there now.

I'm not saying that the Soldiers are just sitting around, but they have gone on the more defensive side than the offensive side imho

emmett
11-20-2009, 10:43 AM
The last thing Barry wants is for an "I told you so" to be issued that would be heard round the world and that would be so loud he could not even spin an answer.

IMHO there IS a build up taking place and has been for a few weeks. When it comes to numbers, all we get is one......which comes from (?) That's my point.

Let's imagine for a moment that I am right. Can you imagine the "I told you so" that will come from Barry's folks. Think about all the cloud cover that has caused negative reporting of recent, trials, Gitmo, attack on Fox News, Health Care, traveling, bowing, if you think about it for a minute it has worked perfectly to cover him in the case that he has done what I think he has done.

If this is a build up he will be able to come back and say he had a plan to do it under cover and was even willing to risk politically and so forth. The naysayers while having plenty of credible stuff to throw at him now and during his entire time in so far will have to just sit there with mouths hung open. Including myself.

If he ISN'T doing this, he should be because it would all but assure him a second term and solidify him as a REAL president in some people's eyes. To me, it would have been nothing more than a political ploy, a well engineered plan by the left. Nothing more. Remember, I have never said I think his heart is in the right place....just that I think it would have been a great plan to do this.

Monkeybone
11-20-2009, 11:18 AM
maybe it's not that it's happening, but that it has been wanted for so long that they want to be ready to leave the moment that nod of the head is finished.

WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Robert Gates said any new U.S. forces President Barack Obama sends to Afghanistan could move into the country swiftly, despite logistical hassles that force almost all major deliveries of troops and supplies to go by air.

His wording suggested that, as expected, Obama will soon approve an increase in the already record U.S. force of 68,000 in Afghanistan. Months of deliberations over the flagging war are ending, with an announcement of a substantial troop increase expected in the next two weeks.

"I anticipate that as soon as the president makes his decision, we can probably begin flowing some forces pretty quickly after that," Gates said.http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/19/gates-says-afghan-surge-happen-swiftly/?test=latestnews

Maybe that is also why he is waiting until after Thanksgiving to say anything. make it all happen really quick.