PDA

View Full Version : Obama says it: There's a chance he won't run in 2012

red states rule
11-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Given Obama's massive ego, the only reason he will not seek reelection is if it is clear he will suffer a huge defeat

In an interview with CNN in China, President Obama opened the possibility to not running for re-election in 2012 -- something that no president has done since Lyndon Johnson.

Here's what he said:

"You know, if - if I feel like I've made the very best decisions for the American people and three years from now I look at it and, you know, my poll numbers are in the tank and because we've gone through these wrenching changes, you know, politically, I'm in a tough spot, I'll - I'll feel all right about myself," Obama told CNN's Ed Henry.

"I said to myself very early on, even when I started running for office, I don't want to be making decisions based on getting re-elected, because I think the challenges that America faces right now are so significant," the president also said.

"Obviously, if I make those decisions and I think that I'm moving the country on the right direction economically, in terms of our security interests, our foreign policy, I'd like to think that those policies are continued because they're not going to bear fruit just in four years."

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/20575

Monkeybone
11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey you never know... didn't he also say that he wanted to do a full term as Senator before even thinking about running for President?

Obviously, if I make those decisions and I think that I'm moving the country on the right direction economically, oh you mean that massive debt that most people shouted 'no' to?
in terms of our security interests, not really anything that you set up..but it's ok. you get kudos for contuning the things that have kept them from fighting here.
our foreign policy, you mean apologizing for how bad we are and bwoing like a subject instead of acting like a peer? an equal? um...sure...
I'd like to think that those policies are continued because they're not going to bear fruit just in four years." hahaha or maybe becasue some of the things that you are enacting don't start until 3 years from now... maybe? yes? no? maybe?

red states rule
11-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey you never know... didn't he also say that he wanted to do a full term as Senator before even thinking about running for President?

oh you mean that massive debt that most people shouted 'no' to? not really anything that you set up..but it's ok. you get kudos for contuning the things that have kept them from fighting here. you mean apologizing for how bad we are and bwoing like a subject instead of acting like a peer? an equal? um...sure... hahaha or maybe becasue some of the things that you are enacting don't start until 3 years from now... maybe? yes? no? maybe?

Maybe Obama finally understands what a majority of voter already understand

Being President is above Obama's pay grade

and Obama is seeing Sarah Palin may run for President and he is not looking forward to running against her

namvet
11-19-2009, 11:25 AM
reality sets in. he's way in over his head now. the damage has been done. can it all be fixed in 3 years??? not a chance. I do hope this is true. but how presidents will it take to repair this horrific damage ???

PostmodernProphet
11-19-2009, 11:41 AM
another parallel to LBJ and Carter......

Kathianne
11-19-2009, 01:01 PM
It's not good news. It reinforces my belief this guy is an ideologue, determined to push through his remedies for the evils of our country. Without concern for the body politic, he's free to do whatever he wishes and can push through.

glockmail
11-19-2009, 02:57 PM
As usual I think Kath hit this dead on. He got elected because no one knew what he stood for. He's got this one chance to destroy America, and he's going to take it. The die hard commies that make up a fringe 10% of this country along with the Europeans will continue to massage his ego, just like they do with Carter.

gabosaurus
11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
There is a chance Beck and Limbaugh might be dead by 2012. Who would guide the GOP then?

namvet
11-19-2009, 03:47 PM
there's a better chance Osama's ass is gone. who would guide the brown shirts then??? tsk tsk

11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
There is a chance Beck and Limbaugh might be dead by 2012. Who would guide the GOP then?

Do you know something I dont know?

As for the next leader of the GOP. Ill be close to my mid 30s then. How about me?

Sir Evil
11-19-2009, 05:56 PM

Great response to the post. Any chance that your redundant posting habits will die soon? :slap:

Trigg
11-19-2009, 06:17 PM
He'll run again...he's to much of an egomaniac not to.

namvet
11-19-2009, 06:22 PM
his ego is inside a teleprompter

stephanie
11-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm praying for impeachment before 2012... he and his comrades in the administration are getting so bold they will more than likely do something to step over the line..

I've been around for many a President but I have never disliked one more than I do this one..Hell Clinton and his blow jobs was more likable than this cold thug in chief..

Kathianne
11-19-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm praying for impeachment before 2012... he and his comrades in the administration are getting so bold they will more than likely do something to step over the line..

I've been around for many a President but I have never disliked one more than I do this one..Hell Clinton and his blow jobs was more likable than this cold thug in chief..

We can hope, but so far nada. I never want to go the way of the deranged with Bush.

stephanie
11-19-2009, 07:24 PM
We can hope, but so far nada. I never want to go the way of the deranged with Bush.

Kat I never did either, but I see this man and his administration tearing apart our country..are we just suppose to sit here and let it happen so we can take the high road..
And I not only do not like him as a President, I do not like him as a person..he is cold, aloof, uncaring and thuggish

Kathianne
11-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Kat I never did either, but I see this man and his administration tearing apart our country..are we just suppose to sit here and let it happen so we can take the high road..

I'm over 50 and will say I've never been afraid of 'my country.' I am now, truly fearful of what is afoot. It's not good, not for individuals and not for the country as a whole. Can it be stopped? So far it seems a long shot. I think 2010 will tell the story. How much damage between now and then? Seems possibly a terrific amount.

I think the 'high road' is staying the path of the founders, not trying to go the route of impeachment, without cause. You may be right, the lines may be crossed, then yes! Go for it. So far, he's using available avenues to the POTUS. He may well be like his hero, FDR and manage to have amendments made because of his actions.

It's like the false flags of complaining against the trials in NYC. It's not hating on judicial system, it's recognizing the reasons for civil and military courts provided within the constitution.

stephanie
11-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm over 50 and will say I've never been afraid of 'my country.' I am now, truly fearful of what is afoot. It's not good, not for individuals and not for the country as a whole. Can it be stopped? So far it seems a long shot. I think 2010 will tell the story. How much damage between now and then? Seems possibly a terrific amount.

I think the 'high road' is staying the path of the founders, not trying to go the route of impeachment, without cause. You may be right, the lines may be crossed, then yes! Go for it. So far, he's using available avenues to the POTUS. He may well be like his hero, FDR and manage to have amendments made because of his actions.

It's like the false flags of complaining against the trials in NYC. It's not hating on judicial system, it's recognizing the reasons for civil and military courts provided within the constitution.

I can still pray for impeachment..:thumb:

Kathianne
11-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I can still pray for impeachment..:thumb:

Of course. You and me both. I'm also praying that there is some semblance of humility that makes him use his God-given intelligence to see what the masses are trying to say. My guess is that he'll cross the lines before my prayer comes true.

stephanie
11-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Of course. You and me both. I'm also praying that there is some semblance of humility that makes him use his God-given intelligence to see what the masses are trying to say

you know I keep holding onto some small hope that he does the same and take control of the people like Pelosi, Reid, Soros, Andy Stern who is giving him his marching orders, but I'm not willing to hold my breath waiting.

Kathianne
11-19-2009, 08:11 PM
you know I keep holding onto some small hope that he does the same and take control of the people like Pelosi, Reid, Soros, Andy Stern who is giving him his marching orders, but I'm not willing to hold my breath waiting.

I hear you. We all need to keep up contact with legislators and making noise as we can. It's why I volunteered to IL tea party leadership, though I really don't have the time. It's important, so are the reasons that make this country special, even if BO doesn't see that.

stephanie
11-19-2009, 08:26 PM
I hear you. We all need to keep up contact with legislators and making noise as we can. It's why I volunteered to IL tea party leadership, though I really don't have the time. It's important, so are the reasons that make this country special, even if BO doesn't see that.

:thumb::salute:

HogTrash
11-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I do not say this out of hatred, only cold hard facts.

You can't believe a word this president says, he is a proven liar.

The only way to get the truth out of Obama is to waterboard his lying ass.

chloe
11-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Given Obama's massive ego, the only reason he will not seek reelection is if it is clear he will suffer a huge defeat

He does have a big ego.

cat slave
11-19-2009, 09:13 PM
It's not good news. It reinforces my belief this guy is an ideologue, determined to push through his remedies for the evils of our country. Without concern for the body politic, he's free to do whatever he wishes and can push through.

Im with you!!!!

Also I dont think it totally outlandish to consider that he might bring about
some chaos that he could claim the need for martial law so there would be
no elections.

Just look at what hes done. Did you ever think you would live to see the
day? There is no limit to what this sinister ideologue will do. He is evil
and has no conscience whatsoever. NONE!

cat slave
11-19-2009, 09:20 PM
I do not say this out of hatred, only cold hard facts.

You can't believe a word this president says, he is a proven liar.

The only way to get the truth out of Obama is to waterboard his lying ass.

ROTFL....I dont think even that would work. I dont know why anyone
even listens to or reports on anything BO has said. It means nothing and
is like a flurry of leaves in the wind, marbles in a cigar box also comes to
mind! He just spews words out for the mindless, Kool Aide soaked libruls
and those basking their messiahs healing light....rotfl....I can see it all
now....hes like the Pied Piper leading the rodents to the sea with pretty
music/words and they wont know theyve been lured to their deaths
like lemmings over a cliff until the waves roll over them. Uh, too late!!!!

stephanie
11-19-2009, 10:13 PM
cat slave your post reminded me of this picture I saved...lol

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/140061-1.jpg

stephanie
11-19-2009, 10:18 PM
another just for the hell of it...:laugh2:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/obysheep.jpg

HogTrash
11-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Why are liberals so easily manipulated?

How do I post a pic without the thumbnail dammit???

stephanie
11-19-2009, 10:25 PM

How do I post a pic without the thumbnail dammit???

LOL, that was a great picture..

red states rule
11-19-2009, 11:18 PM

Gabby, Rush and Glenn are no more the leaders of the Republican party, then Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann are the leaders of the Democrat party

Why not try and address the multiple screwups of Obama since he took office?

I asked this of BP on another thread and he has yet to reply - so I will ask you

After 9 months in office Obama, Reid, and Pelosi have tripled the annual budget deficit, increased the antional debt to over $13 trillion, had the Federal government take over private companies, ordered the compensation of CEO's to be cut, showed weakness to our enemies overseas, and ignored the pleas for more help for our troops in Afghanistan

We also have the leader of America now having a temper tantrum over the coverage he gets from Fox News, and tried to have the reporters tossed out of the White House Press Pool. Seems Pres Obama is compiling his own Enemies List and has no problem showing his contempt for anyone or any organization openly opposing his liberal tax and spend policies

On healthcare reform, Obama continues to try and sell the idea Obamacare will be paid for, and will not add to the deficit, despite the fact the numbers do not add up. It is Democrats who are now blocking this attempted power grab by the left, which will put private insurance companies out of business, and make even more people dependent on the government

Which is exactly what Dems want anyway

With the pending cap and trade bill, Dems want a $1/gallon tax increase which amounts to a $3.6 trillion tax increase on working families and companies. So not only will gas prices soar to near $4/gal, but also the cost of natural gas, electricity, and the price of anything you buy increases as well

As unemployment continues to rise, and the economy slips further downward, Obama and his supporters continue to play the "Blame Bush" card. While it worked in the early months of his administration, it looks as if more and more people are seeing what a huge error in judgement they made when they voted for an inexperienced, thin skined rookie who was not ready for prime time

While we were told the nation could not afford a third term of Bush with John McCain, we now have to endure Jimmy Carters second term. We can only hope the Amateur Night performance currently playing at the White House will close permanently on Jan 20, 2013

OK Gabby - go for it

Jeff
11-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Gabby, Rush and Glenn are no more the leaders of the Republican party, then Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann are the leaders of the Democrat party

Why not try and address the multiple screwups of Obama since he took office?

I asked this of BP on another thread and he has yet to reply - so I will ask you

After 9 months in office Obama, Reid, and Pelosi have tripled the annual budget deficit, increased the antional debt to over $13 trillion, had the Federal government take over private companies, ordered the compensation of CEO's to be cut, showed weakness to our enemies overseas, and ignored the pleas for more help for our troops in Afghanistan

We also have the leader of America now having a temper tantrum over the coverage he gets from Fox News, and tried to have the reporters tossed out of the White House Press Pool. Seems Pres Obama is compiling his own Enemies List and has no problem showing his contempt for anyone or any organization openly opposing his liberal tax and spend policies

On healthcare reform, Obama continues to try and sell the idea Obamacare will be paid for, and will not add to the deficit, despite the fact the numbers do not add up. It is Democrats who are now blocking this attempted power grab by the left, which will put private insurance companies out of business, and make even more people dependent on the government

Which is exactly what Dems want anyway

With the pending cap and trade bill, Dems want a $1/gallon tax increase which amounts to a $3.6 trillion tax increase on working families and companies. So not only will gas prices soar to near $4/gal, but also the cost of natural gas, electricity, and the price of anything you buy increases as well

As unemployment continues to rise, and the economy slips further downward, Obama and his supporters continue to play the "Blame Bush" card. While it worked in the early months of his administration, it looks as if more and more people are seeing what a huge error in judgement they made when they voted for an inexperienced, thin skined rookie who was not ready for prime time

While we were told the nation could not afford a third term of Bush with John McCain, we now have to endure Jimmy Carters second term. We can only hope the Amateur Night performance currently playing at the White House will close permanently on Jan 20, 2013

OK Gabby - go for it

Jimmy Carter would be a blessing next to this idiot

red states rule
11-19-2009, 11:32 PM
another just for the hell of it...:laugh2:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/obysheep.jpg

Here is another one

http://www.freestaterevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/obama_sheep.jpg

HogTrash
11-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by red states rule
Given Obama's massive ego, the only reason he will not seek reelection is if it is clear he will suffer a huge defeatThe only reason Obama would not seek reelection in 2012 is if he is crowned King Of The World before then.

glockmail
11-20-2009, 09:21 AM

How do I post a pic without the thumbnail dammit??? Link to it instead of uploading to this site. Click the "insert image" button in the "reply to thread" window and it should be self-explanatory.

emmett
11-20-2009, 10:55 AM

There is a better chance Harry Reid will be dead by tomorrow night. Who will guide the Liberals then?:laugh2:

CORRECTION: Beck IS NOT a member of the GOP. Just so you know Gabby. Let me repeat that for ya.......Glenn Beck is NOT a registered Republican (GOP) Beck is a Conservative Libertarian! Such as myself.

SassyLady
11-21-2009, 12:18 AM
"I said to myself very early on, even when I started running for office, I don't want to be making decisions based on getting re-elected, because I think the challenges that America faces right now are so significant," the president also said.

Couldn't agree more with this statement - no matter who makes it.

red states rule
11-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Looks to me like Obama and the Dems are upset over their failed policies and are scared over Sarah Palin, her growing popularity, and her speaking out against those policies

Dems Seek Fundraising Boost in War With Palin
by
FOXNews.com

President Obama's political arm, Organizing for America, has sent a fundraising e-mail seeking to raise $500,000 in the next week to stop a "dangerous" Palin from derailing the Democrats' effort to overhaul health care.

With the media spotlight squarely on Sarah Palin and her "Going Rogue" book tour across the nation, Democrats are gearing up for a battle -- and trying to cash in.

President Obama's political arm, Organizing for America, has sent a fundraising e-mail seeking to raise $500,000 in the next week to stop a "dangerous" Palin from derailing the Democrats' effort to overhaul health care.

"Remember, this is the person who coined the term 'Death Panels' -- and opened the flood gates for months of false attacks by special interests and partisan extremists," the e-mail read.

"Whatever lie comes next will be widely covered by the media, then constantly echoed by right-wing attack groups and others who are trying to defeat reform," the e-mail said.

Palin began a promotional tour this week for her memoir, with plans to travel through several states that were key to the 2008 election. The memoir was released Tuesday but has topped best-seller lists for weeks.

Her tour has already attracted controversy

The U.S. Army had planned to ban the media from Palin's book signing next week at Fort Bragg, fearing it would turn into political grandstanding against Obama. But the Army decided to allow the media limited coverage after the the Associated Press and a local newspaper protested.

Insiders who've spoken with Palin recently said she seems eager to run in 2012, and opinion polls show she has the most public support of any Republican hopeful.

Among self-identified Republicans in a recent Fox News poll, Palin gets the highest favorable ratings (70 percent) amid a group of other possible contenders for the GOP nomination, including Mike Huckabee (63 percent), Mitt Romney (60 percent) and Newt Gingrich (58 percent). Palin's favorable score among all voters is 47 percent, up 9 percentage points over last July's reading of 38 percent.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/20/dems-declare-war-rogue-palin/

SassyLady
11-21-2009, 12:27 AM

Something scarier than having Obama as president is that if he is impeached or quits............Biden or Pelosi in the Oval Office????????? :eek:

stephanie
11-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Something scarier than having Obama as president is that if he is impeached or quits............Biden or Pelosi in the Oval Office????????? :eek:

you do have a scary point there....:laugh2:

red states rule
11-21-2009, 12:48 AM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p257/shooshoobaby/political%20satire/pelosi-obamaz.jpg