PDA

View Full Version : This thing about Obama bowing...

gabosaurus
11-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Why is it such a huge deal?

http://i48.tinypic.com/id89wh.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2csj6na.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/s0zuxc.jpg

And who know what else they were doing in private, when the cameras weren't present. :p

stephanie
11-19-2009, 03:47 PM
now who didn't see this coming...I'm just surprised to took this long..

Sir Evil
11-19-2009, 04:12 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/s0zuxc.jpg

And who know what else they were doing in private, when the cameras weren't present. :p

I think I see a little tounge action there.....:rolleyes:

MtnBiker
11-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Obama is hoping the American people follow his example and all just bend over making his fuck job of the American people easier.

Trigg
11-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Holding hands in an Arab country is a sign of friendship.

Obama prostrating himself is a sign of weakness.

Kathianne
11-19-2009, 06:29 PM

Yep, that IS the case.

On the hand holding:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/01/weekinreview/01basics.html

On the bow:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/11/on-president-obamas-bow-to-the-japanese-emperor-an-academic-friend-writes-that-both-the-left-and-the-right-are-wrong.html

And yes, it was incorrect, though excuses made:

http://www.nwasianweekly.com/2009/11/editorial-why-all-the-fuss-over-obama’s-bow/

gabosaurus
11-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Funny thing is, the right makes excuses for the kissing and hand holding, but condemns the bowing, either though all are culturally correct.
I don't expect less here. Would get in the way of the prevailing theme of Obama bashing.

Sir Evil
11-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Funny thing is, the right makes excuses for the kissing and hand holding, but condemns the bowing, either though all are culturally correct.
I don't expect less here. Would get in the way of the prevailing theme of Obama bashing.

They are not really kissing but speaking, look closer bone head....

Jeff
11-20-2009, 02:49 PM

I agree with ya gabby , most on here just can't wait to bash poor Obama, :eek:
But hell if ya watch or look at something other than the LA Times you would realize that the rest of the world agrees with the members on the board seems that's all I see on the TV and News Papers is all those dumb people saying how stupid it is for the president of the most powerful country in the world to be bowing to this guy , bunch of dummies :laugh2::laugh2:

Trigg
11-20-2009, 04:45 PM

IT ISN'T CULTURALLY CORRECT. What are you missing about that????????

did you even read Kathrine's post??????????????????????????? Even ABC acnowledges the bow was wrong.

I don't expect you to read the facts since you've been too busy being bambam's apologist.

Wazmo Nariz
11-21-2009, 01:12 PM

First. you need to learn what "prostrating" means. Then we can talk.

Gaffer
11-21-2009, 01:16 PM
First. you need to learn what "prostrating" means. Then we can talk.

Let's talk anyway.

A US president bowing to anyone is the same as prostrating.

Wazmo Nariz
11-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Let's talk anyway.

A US president bowing to anyone is the same as prostrating.
Prostrating oneself means to lie belly-down, as a priest does at his consecration. Bowing has nothing to do with prostrating. But shit, believe what you want to. It's clear you don't want fact or accuracy.

Try again.

Waz

Mr. P
11-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Prostrating oneself means to lie belly-down, as a priest does at his consecration. Bowing has nothing to do with prostrating. But shit, believe what you want to. It's clear you don't want fact or accuracy.

Try again.

Waz

If the President of the United States bows to the degree he did, he is in effect symbolically prostrating himself and the country. But shit, believe what you want to. It's clear you don't want to face reality.

Gaffer
11-21-2009, 02:04 PM

Try again.

Waz

You seem to want to dwell on word definitions rather than what is inferred by the use of the word.

Are you here to defend the dark lord or just nitpick word definitions?

Wazmo Nariz
11-21-2009, 07:14 PM
You seem to want to dwell on word definitions rather than what is inferred by the use of the word.

Are you here to defend the dark lord or just nitpick word definitions?
Suggesting appropriate word usage is hardly a matter of "defending the dark lord." Wingers are just looking for something else to whine about. They whined because he didn't go to Killeen soon enough. They whined because he observed correct protocol with the Emperor of Japan. The will be whining about something else tomorrow. It just goes with being a tight-assed republican.

If you have a real dictionary, look up the word "prostrate" then get back to me when you actually understand what the word means. I see that I have a lot of work to do here.
waz

Kathianne
11-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Suggesting appropriate word usage is hardly a matter of "defending the dark lord." Wingers are just looking for something else to whine about. They whined because he didn't go to Killeen soon enough. They whined because he observed correct protocol with the Emperor of Japan. The will be whining about something else tomorrow. It just goes with being a tight-assed republican.

If you have a real dictionary, look up the word "prostrate" then get back to me when you actually understand what the word means. I see that I have a lot of work to do here.
waz

I'm aware of the correct definition. I'm aware that Obama did not observe correct protocol, as has been published and posted about. You sir are a poseur.

Trigg
11-21-2009, 08:20 PM

waz

So fine you don't like the word I used. SORRY geez.

The fact remains, and has been discussed by the MSM, the bow was not the correct protocol. Not only was it to low, he shouldn't have shook his hand at the same time.

It made him look weak.

jimnyc
11-21-2009, 09:51 PM

Try again.

Waz

waz

Maybe it's YOU that needs to try again. Not everything is left to the "simple minded" and a single dictionary reference.

From Wikipedia, and I think this is EXACTLY what the others have been using the word as ...

Prostration is the placement of the body in a reverentially or submissively prone position. Major world religions employ prostration either as an act of submissiveness to God or gods, or as a means of embodying reverence for a noble person, persons or doctrine. Within various cultures and traditions, prostrations are similarly used to show respect to civil authorities and more accomplished masters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostrate

And there's a reason you will be hard pressed to see other world leaders PROSTRATING to the man as Obama did. By far, and without a doubt, almost every other leader, and certainly not prior US Presidents, give a simple bow at eye level out of respect - but DO NOT bow below the other man as that is a sign that you are bowing to your leader.

And for you to imply the word is SOLELY used for one meaning, and has nothing to do with bowing, shows that members here have a lot of work to do for YOU.

Gaffer
11-22-2009, 10:37 AM

waz

You make a lot of assumptions. I'm not a republican, and I don't have a religion. Nitpicking words is the first sign of a left-"winger". Whining is what the left does. Do you need a definition of whining as well?

You have a lot of work to do here alright. You can start by explaining how well that hope and change is doing for you. Then tell us why you support communism over capitalism. I'm sure things will digress from there.

MtnBiker
11-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Obama is hoping the American people follow his example and all just bend over making his fuck job of the American people easier.

See, the Chinese President understands this, well at least the parody on SNL does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxYSduRES1o

red states rule
11-23-2009, 09:17 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/43744598.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1259030048&Signature=sz%2F%2FVi%2FBTIHjRkMzXyZr6q4JPBc%3D