PDA

View Full Version : You don't need to carry a gun personally, police will protect you

Little-Acorn
11-19-2009, 06:18 PM
At least, that's what a lot of anti-gun-rights people will tell you while making the argument that "Nobody needs a gun", or "Nobody need such-and-such kind of gun", etc.

I'd like to see them explain that to the woman in this story.

Oops, too late. Well, maybe next time, eh?

------------------------

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/11/12/Guarded-by-police-woman-slain/UPI-56821258073017/

Guarded by police, woman slain

Published: Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 12 (UPI) -- Investigators were trying to determine Thursday how a man got into a woman's apartment and killed her while police stood watch outside, Los Angeles police said.

Police at the scene shot the attacker but not before he fatally stabbed the woman, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The woman, whose identity had not been disclosed late Thursday, had gone to a police station to file a domestic abuse complaint Wednesday night. Officers who specialize in domestic abuse cases talked with her and brought her back to her home, the newspaper said.

The officers saw the woman into her apartment and checked to be sure the man she accused in the complaint was not there, police said. The officers left the apartment but decided to wait outside in their car, keeping watch for a sign of the suspect.

Investigators think the man got into the apartment through a rear window, a police source told the newspaper.

Officers heard the woman scream and rushed into the apartment to find the attacker stabbing her. Police shot the attacker and both he and the woman were rushed to a hospital where they died.

Gaffer
11-19-2009, 09:03 PM
When seconds count the police are only minutes away. It definitely applied this time.

chloe
11-19-2009, 10:29 PM
At least, that's what a lot of anti-gun-rights people will tell you while making the argument that "Nobody needs a gun", or "Nobody need such-and-such kind of gun", etc.

I'd like to see them explain that to the woman in this story.

Oops, too late. Well, maybe next time, eh?

------------------------

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/11/12/Guarded-by-police-woman-slain/UPI-56821258073017/

Guarded by police, woman slain

Published: Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 12 (UPI) -- Investigators were trying to determine Thursday how a man got into a woman's apartment and killed her while police stood watch outside, Los Angeles police said.

Police at the scene shot the attacker but not before he fatally stabbed the woman, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The woman, whose identity had not been disclosed late Thursday, had gone to a police station to file a domestic abuse complaint Wednesday night. Officers who specialize in domestic abuse cases talked with her and brought her back to her home, the newspaper said.

The officers saw the woman into her apartment and checked to be sure the man she accused in the complaint was not there, police said. The officers left the apartment but decided to wait outside in their car, keeping watch for a sign of the suspect.

Investigators think the man got into the apartment through a rear window, a police source told the newspaper.

Officers heard the woman scream and rushed into the apartment to find the attacker stabbing her. Police shot the attacker and both he and the woman were rushed to a hospital where they died.

scary, it's true the police never protected me either. My ex husband used to say if I left him he would kill me, and I remember when I was around 17 I tried to leave him and everyone told me to get a restraining order and if he comes around call the cops. But one night he hid in my closet at my apartment waiting for me to get home, he had climbed through a window to get in. Anyway he beat the snot out of me, and I had to endure it for hours and just agree to go back to him. When I got away from him he went to jail but not for very long. But I didn't feel protected by the police at all. I still dont. Yet I also dont have a gun or know how to use one either. I think you can use alot of household items as weapons too.

Monkeybone
11-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Yet I also dont have a gun or know how to use one either. I think you can use alot of household items as weapons too. it's like a computer... a point and click interface. and yes while you can use items around the house, a gun will make someone freeze in their tracks and flee more than that frying pan you have in your hand.

chloe
11-20-2009, 10:51 AM
it's like a computer... a point and click interface. and yes while you can use items around the house, a gun will make someone freeze in their tracks and flee more than that frying pan you have in your hand.

LOL True true, my great aunt killed her husband by stabbing him like 47 times, stabbings more initmate I hear.:cool:

emmett
11-20-2009, 11:34 AM
THE MOST REPETITIVE POST IN DP HISTORY

Emmett says:

What was the last thing the cowarding liberal wished he had as he listened to his family being executed one by one from the comfort of the table he had overturned and hid under as the footsteps approached?

A GUN

Bonus question:

What was the last thing he heard?

The approaching sirens.