PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone believe Palin will run in 2012?

gabosaurus
11-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Tell me why you believe such. Who thinks Palin will survive the media scrutiny and the attacks on her character by the left and moderate right? Palin has already proven that she does not respond well to intense criticism. And if she decides to run for president, all cards will be on the table. Above and below deck.
I think Palin has as much of a chance to run as John Edwards.

chloe
11-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Tell me why you believe such. Who thinks Palin will survive the media scrutiny and the attacks on her character by the left and moderate right? Palin has already proven that she does not respond well to intense criticism. And if she decides to run for president, all cards will be on the table. Above and below deck.

I hope she doesn't because I won't vote for her and I want other options.

Jeff
11-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Personally I like Palin, but the question should be will we even have elections in 4 years or will Obama have run us down so far into the ground that there is no need

AS for her running, not sure if she will or not, but I sure know y'all are scared shitless of her, to keep bringing her up the way the media is , just shows the left is scared of her

stephanie
11-20-2009, 03:23 PM
don't know if she'll run, but her keeping herself out front and center is a blast to see the mental breakdowns of a few lefties and it is showing the American people just how BIASED the lame stream media is and how UGLY and HATEFUL the lefties can be...

good for Republican party...go Sarah:thumb:

gabosaurus
11-20-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't know anyone who is scared of Palin. Laughing at her perhaps.
There is no doubt that Palin is incredibly popular and draws a tremendous level of support. Then again, so does Britney Spears.

stephanie
11-20-2009, 03:58 PM
There is no doubt that Palin is incredibly popular and draws a tremendous level of support. Then again, so does Britney Spears.

pfeeesh, Spears is a pretty much a nobody today..

Sarah is the new ROCK STAR...the lefties better get used to it, though we know they won't.
she isn't going away..she is just reloading...as her daddy likes to say..:laugh2:

Trigg
11-20-2009, 04:39 PM
I hope she doesn't because I won't vote for her and I want other options.

Agreed I wouldn't vote for her either. I just don't think she has the experience or the temperament to be President.

Obama is proving everyday why we need someone with experience. A community organizer and a one time Governor aren't what we need.

I like her as a person though and she brings up good points at her rallies.

Gaffer
11-20-2009, 04:49 PM
So is there anyone else out there you would like to see run on the repub or libertarian ticket? If she is selected to run by the GOP are you all going to not vote for her and chose the dark lord for a second term. Assuming, as Jeff suggests, we are even able to vote in 2012.

stephanie
11-20-2009, 04:50 PM
She is just now getting out there to start talking about her policies and how she sees things..

I support her because she was my Governor and she did good for Alaska..

2012 is still a long way off..see how she does in the next 2 years then decide..:cheers2:

Trigg
11-20-2009, 04:51 PM
So is there anyone else out there you would like to see run on the repub or libertarian ticket? If she is selected to run by the GOP are you all going to not vote for her and chose the dark lord for a second term. Assuming, as Jeff suggests, we are even able to vote in 2012.

I don't see her being chosen by the GOP, they know better.

I'd like to see Huckabee run again, he had the support of my democrate sister and I honestly think he and Romney split the conservative vote which allowed McCain to come out on top.

Either Romney or Huckabee have my vote.

chloe
11-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I like Ron Paul, but I wouldn't mind Huckabee or Romney:cool:

emmett
11-20-2009, 08:58 PM

I don't think anyone is laughing at her. The left is certainly fearful of her. Never has an effort been so intent on breaking down a person's character in the political arena.

If the people who supported Bill Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal used a fraction of the rationale when judging Palin, she would never make the news. It is the left who is shooting theirselves in the foot in regards to her.

Personally I think her answersw to questions are repetitive and getting old. She steers answers to her liking. Seems to use a pre selected 9 or ten macroed version of an answer to all questions. Also....call it what you want but she quit her job. That does it for me. I can't vote for her if she runs.

As for Brittany Spears: No one of voting age supports her. She is a tramp, a poor mother, a drug addict and a fluz.

SassyLady
11-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I like Ron Paul, but I wouldn't mind Huckabee or Romney:cool:

Why?

SassyLady
11-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Either Romney or Huckabee have my vote.

Why? What qualities do you see in them that would make them a good president?

SassyLady
11-20-2009, 09:25 PM

My feeling is that if she does not run in 2012 she will use her influence to help the most conservative candidate.

If she does run I doubt it will be on the Republican ticket. I believe she is building up a base for a strong 3rd party ticket...........perhaps one that does not even exist at this time.

Talk about change - after BO, her political style would be a radical change.

As for responding well to intense criticism..........let's look at BO's response to mild criticism.........attempting to shut down all criticism by using the power of the White House.

Come on Gabby..........pick something that BO is good at and champion that instead of trying to divert from his ineptitude as a President by throwing barbs at Palin.

emmett
11-20-2009, 09:28 PM

You can have Romney personally.

Huckabee on the other hand stands for some pretty good stuff. Such as hanging a sign on the door of the IRS that says, "Going out of business soon." That was a direct quote of his during his campagne.

Both are a bit more "presidential" than Mrs. Palin. I like all three but as president, I'll take a Ron Paul anyday. Stands for more than all three combined. Way more economically affluent, respects true liberty more and has backed up his mouth by earning the title..."Dr. NO" for his votes against the odds, sometimes everyone on the building, when the bills he was voting on contained garbage such as add ons and earmarks.

Ron Paul doesn;t just talk the talk, he walks the walk.

Palins answers are just too repetitive. She says the same thing over and over and over and over, even though it isn;t always to answer the same question. I like her very much but she isn;t the president. Nice lady, knowledgable, seemingly honest and sincere but not a president. She has certainly become the right's sweetheart. She should fall into that rols with grace, support candidates, give speeches and help set up the candidate for 2012. That is how she could serve her constituancy better than in any other role.

Missileman
11-20-2009, 09:54 PM

Huckabee on the other hand stands for some pretty good stuff. Such as hanging a sign on the door of the IRS that says, "Going out of business soon." That was a direct quote of his during his campagne.

Both are a bit more "presidential" than Mrs. Palin. I like all three but as president, I'll take a Ron Paul anyday. Stands for more than all three combined. Way more economically affluent, respects true liberty more and has backed up his mouth by earning the title..."Dr. NO" for his votes against the odds, sometimes everyone on the building, when the bills he was voting on contained garbage such as add ons and earmarks.

Palins answers are just too repetitive. She says the same thing over and over and over and over, even though it isn;t always to answer the same question. I like her very much but she isn;t the president. Nice lady, knowledgable, seemingly honest and sincere but not a president. She has certainly become the right's sweetheart. She should fall into that rols with grace, support candidates, give speeches and help set up the candidate for 2012. That is how she could serve her constituancy better than in any other role.

Huckabee also said he wants to realign the constitution with the Bible...he isn't electable.

stephanie
11-20-2009, 10:00 PM

I really like Ron Paul but not sure he could win the nomination..
And what you said about Palin at the end is what I believe she said was her plans..she hasn't said she is running for anything, but that doesn't keep the left from dumping on her because she speaks out on this administration..and they can't have that now..one other thing we need to remember is Palin is now just a citizen yet look at the attacts that are still be thrown at her...

Kathianne
11-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Like Obama, somehow Ron Paul had many things written in 'his name' but never read them, wasn't influenced by them, didn't agree with them. Sigh.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/index.html

Then there were all those that backed him:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/11/the_ron_paul_campaign_and_its.html

November 14, 2007
The Ron Paul Campaign and its Neo-Nazi Supporters

By Andrew Walden
When some in a crowd of anti-war activists meeting at Democrat National Committee HQ in June, 2005 suggested Israel was behind the 9-11 attacks, DNC Chair Howard Dean was quick to get behind the microphones and denounce them saying: "such statements are nothing but vile, anti-Semitic rhetoric."

When KKK leader David Duke switched parties to run for Louisiana governor as a Republican in 1991, then-President George H W Bush responded sharply, saying, "When someone asserts the Holocaust never took place, then I don't believe that person ever deserves one iota of public trust. When someone has so recently endorsed Nazism, it is inconceivable that someone can reasonably aspire to a leadership role in a free society."

Ron Paul is different.

Rep Ron Paul (R-TX) is the only Republican candidate to demand immediate withdrawal from Iraq and blame US policy for creating Islamic terrorism. He has risen from obscurity and is beginning to raise millions of dollars in campaign contributions. Paul has no traction in the polls -- 7% of the vote in New Hampshire -- but he at one point had more cash on hand than John McCain. And now he is planning a $1.1 million New Hampshire media blitz just in time for the primary.

Ron Paul set an internet campaigning record raising more than $4 million in small on-line donations in one day, on November 5, 2007. But there are many questions about Paul's apparent unwillingness to reject extremist groups' public participation in his campaign and financial support of his November 5 "patriot money-bomb plot."

On October 26 nationally syndicated radio talk show host Michael Medved posted an "Open Letter to Rep. Ron Paul" on TownHall.com. It reads:

Dear Congressman Paul:

Your Presidential campaign has drawn the enthusiastic support of an imposing collection of Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, Holocaust Deniers, 9/11 "Truthers" and other paranoid and discredited conspiracists.

Do you welcome- or repudiate - the support of such factions?

More specifically, your columns have been featured for several years in the American Free Press -a publication of the nation's leading Holocaust Denier and anti-Semitic agitator, Willis Carto. His book club even recommends works that glorify the Nazi SS, and glowingly describe the "comforts and amenities" provided for inmates of Auschwitz.

Have your columns appeared in the American Free Press with your knowledge and approval?

As a Presidential candidate, will you now disassociate yourself, clearly and publicly, from the poisonous propaganda promoted in such publications?

As a guest on my syndicated radio show, you answered my questions directly and fearlessly.
Will you now answer these pressing questions, and eliminate all associations between your campaign and some of the most loathsome fringe groups in American society?

Along with my listeners (and many of your own supporters), I eagerly await your response.

Respectfully, Michael Medved
Medved has received no official response from the Paul campaign.

There is more....

I don't like the racism I've seen in Obama's campaign, didn't like the same inverted in Paul's...

emmett
11-20-2009, 10:33 PM
He didn't dignify the questions with an answer for the obvious reasons.

Ron Paul himself.......has never promoted hatred of any race, made one single statement to that effect, openly supported ANY of those organizations (other than supporting freedom of speech) and has written columns that appear in Liberal rags too but that does not mean he endorses the left.

Guilty by association is one thing. Guilty by assumption without cause is another.

Not answering Medved's letter means nothing. Personally, I wouldn;t have answered it either if I was him. It would have lent the foolishness creditablity for him to do so.

For example: You are from Chicago, there are drug dealers and prostitutes in Chicago, does that mean that you support drug dealers and Prostitution? Of course not.

Ron Paul has written columns in The American Free Press promoting his message of more liberty, less tax, actually no tax, ending the war, stop policing the world and so forth. He has used this form of media just like the many others that he and every other candidate have used.

PS....Ron Paul's campagne bills are paid. ALL OF THEM. He accounted for every dollar. ONLY candidate to do that. Got more contributions from military service member families than anyone........hmmm. What does that say?

I'm gonna say this......(and you will get mad at me saying that YOU know more about what YOU believe in than I do......and I agree);

He agrees with you more than any other Republican candidate about agenda and platform yet you continue to look for reasons to not endorse him or the strong Libertarian and very Conservative message that he has proven for years he stands behind and practices with every vote.

Kathianne
11-20-2009, 10:36 PM
He didn't dignify the questions with an answer for the obvious reasons.

Ron Paul himself.......has never promoted hatred of any race, made one single statement to that effect, openly supported ANY of those organizations (other than supporting freedom of speech) and has written columns that appear in Liberal rags too but that does not mean he endorses the left.

Guilty by association is one thing. Guilty by assumption without cause is another.

Not answering Medved's letter means nothing. Personally, I wouldn;t have answered it either if I was him. It would have lent the foolishness creditablity for him to do so.

For example: You are from Chicago, there are drug dealers and prostitutes in Chicago, does that mean that you support drug dealers and Prostitution? Of course not.

Ron Paul has written columns in The American Free Press promoting his message of more liberty, less tax, actually no tax, ending the war, stop policing the world and so forth. He has used this form of media just like the many others that he and every other candidate have used.

PS....Ron Paul's campagne bills are paid. ALL OF THEM. He accounted for every dollar. ONLY candidate to do that. Got more contributions from military service member families than anyone........hmmm. What does that say?

I'm gonna say this......(and you will get mad at me saying that YOU know more about what YOU believe in than I do......and I agree);

He agrees with you more than any other Republican candidate about agenda and platform yet you continue to look for reasons to not endorse him or the strong Libertarian and very Conservative message that he has proven for years he stands behind and practices with every vote.

Emmett, those letters were written under his name, at a site he made money off of. Yes, they were written in the 90's and cached online, he later had them removed, but without acknowledging they were there or repudiating. Medeved was not against him, he'd had him on his show.

None of this washed at the time, which made me rescind my own consideration of his candidacy. It was a very disappointing time.

emmett
11-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Emmett, those letters were written under his name, at a site he made money off of. Yes, they were written in the 90's and cached online, he later had them removed, but without acknowledging they were there or repudiating. Medeved was not against him, he'd had him on his show.

None of this washed at the time, which made me rescind my own consideration of his candidacy. It was a very disappointing time.

:link:

Show me his words. Not someone elses.

:poke: McCain cheated on his wife too but you voted for him.

Kathianne
11-20-2009, 10:55 PM
:link:

Show me his words. Not someone elses.

:poke: McCain cheated on his wife too but you voted for him.

I can understand cheating, just don't want to be married to them. :laugh2: Let's see about the 'words'. I do believe that the op and what I've said is that the words 'were written under Paul's name, at a site he owned and later claimed he hadn't read.' Of course, he'd made the $$ off of. The site where posted were removed, when the cache was popping up all over the web during the election.

So, 'no'. I can't provide that. You'll take my word for it or not. Doesn't harm me one way or another. Just won't find me backing this guy.

chloe
11-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Why?

Well so far as the things I would like to change about the way our Country runs, I tend to agree with most of Ron Pauls views. Huckabee plays a bitchin guitar (he he) and he is likeable to me, I think he genuinely cares about the welfare of the people and the country. Romney, family values, good with finances, he's not my favorite but would pick him over Palin is all. There is not a Candidate out there that I agree 100% with on all the issues. So I try to support someone who is in agreement with either most of my beliefs or with the beliefs most important to me.:cool:

emmett
11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Well so far as the things I would like to change about the way our Country runs, I tend to agree with most of Ron Pauls views. Huckabee plays a bitchin guitar (he he) and he is likeable to me, I think he genuinely cares about the welfare of the people and the country. Romney, family values, good with finances, he's not my favorite but would pick him over Palin is all. There is not a Candidate out there that I agree 100% with on all the issues. So I try to support someone who is in agreement with either most of my beliefs or with the beliefs most important to me.:cool:

Ah.......tip toe around the issue Chloe! :dance:

chloe
11-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Ah.......tip toe around the issue Chloe! :dance:

I answered it honestly she asked why I liked those candidates, it doesnt require me to disclose what issues I agree with from each candidate eh?

To MrsKurtsPrincess, would you vote for Palin and why?

Joyful HoneyBee
11-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Personally I think Sarah is a little full of herself right now and I'm not terribly impressed. She was doing a great job as governor of Alaska, but she quit her job. Makes me wonder if she was hanging out with Noir too much or something, cuz he just lost his job for oversleeping. (uh oh, is that a highjack or a crosspost? I can't be sure)

Seriously though, I would rather SEE more positive contributions than to HEAR a lot of rhetoric. I think much of what is so wrong is politics is that people have the talk down pat, but they don't have the backbone to follow through and make a real impact on the status quo. We have way too much scratching of itching ears and not nearly enough valid work being done. I'm not sure Sarah is capable of making a real difference.

red states rule
11-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I remember about one year ago the liberal media was obsessed with this major Palin story

Libs were shocked - yes shocked - to discover where Thanksgiving dinners came from

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=e4qGQukUIr" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=e4qGQukUIr" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

Kathianne
11-21-2009, 12:02 AM
I remember about one year ago the liberal media was obsessed with this major Palin story

Libs were shocked - yes shocked - to discover where Thanksgiving dinners came from

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=e4qGQukUIr" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=e4qGQukUIr" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

LOL! Yum, turkey! Great post!

SassyLady
11-21-2009, 12:07 AM
I answered it honestly she asked why I liked those candidates, it doesnt require me to disclose what issues I agree with from each candidate eh?

To MrsKurtsPrincess, would you vote for Palin and why?

Probably - after all, I did vote for her in the last election. I was not going to vote until she was named because I could not stomach either Obama or McCain - both are too liberal in my opinion. I like her outspoken demeanor and the fact that she does not try to please all the people all the time. A person knows exactly where she stands on the issues.

I'm looking for someone who has not been corrupted by being in the political system for their entire adulthood. Also, she took on her own party and exposed corruption and some politicians ended up in jail. She took on "big oil" and would not back down and created the ACES program. She doesn't want to spend and tax us into oblivion. She managed to get a natural gas pipeline project started which I believe is the largest construction project in America. She created a plan for Alaska to be on a 50% renewable energy system within the next 15 years or so.

And, anyone who would be willing to put their entire career and reputation at risk for the benefit of the state has the kind of principles I can get behind. Resigning her position as Governor has allowed the new Governor to actually get the business of Alaska accomplished. After the election the sheer amount of bogus lawsuits submitted by those who are scared of her virtually brought the state administration to a halt. I admire her for not letting the lure of being a career politician get in the way of what was best for her state.

I do agree, however, that I am getting bored with hearing the same questions and answers over and over.

I know nothing of Ron Paul. And, I don't think Huckabee or Romney have changed much since they ran last time. We still have a couple of years for some more good talent to emerge and depending upon the state of the union at that time will help me decide who will be best.

red states rule
11-21-2009, 12:09 AM
LOL! Yum, turkey! Great post!

I am sure the liberal reporters were so put off by what they "discovered" they did not eat the traditional Thanksgiving dinner since they were sickened by the results of their Pulitzer Prize winning investigative reporting

Trigg
11-21-2009, 08:12 PM

Romney has been in the private sector and knows what it's like to have an actual job that requires financial responsibility.

SassyLady
11-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Romney has been in the private sector and knows what it's like to have an actual job that requires financial responsibility.

As does Palin - who has worked both in the private sector, owned her own business and worked in the public sector. Perhaps there is more about Romney that separates him from the rest?

jimnyc
11-21-2009, 10:05 PM

Do I think she'll be running in 2012? Doubtful.

I think she would survive the attacks as America is growing tired of the retarded character assassinating from both sides. Besides, I think it's her lack of experience that is an issue, not her character.

I will say this though, I would vote for her in a NY minute if it came down to her and more Obama. Then again, I would vote for a hunk of moldy cheese before I would want to see him continue what he has absolutely sucked at thus far.

For starters, I'd bet my life on the fact that she wouldn't "sit" on perhaps one of the most important issues of this decade while soldiers are dying DIRECTLY as a result of the procrastinating.

SassyLady
11-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Do I think she'll be running in 2012? Doubtful.

I think she would survive the attacks as America is growing tired of the retarded character assassinating from both sides. Besides, I think it's her lack of experience that is an issue, not her character.

I will say this though, I would vote for her in a NY minute if it came down to her and more Obama. Then again, I would vote for a hunk of moldy cheese before I would want to see him continue what he has absolutely sucked at thus far.

For starters, I'd bet my life on the fact that she wouldn't "sit" on perhaps one of the most important issues of this decade while soldiers are dying DIRECTLY as a result of the procrastinating.

I couldn't agree with you more Jim.:clap:

Gaffer
11-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Romney's part of the elite new royalty.