PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Wins Lifelong Fight

chloe
11-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Ron Paul Wins Lifelong Fight, Now May Be Forced To Vote Against Everything He Believes By Chadwick Matlin

Ron Paul has finally won. Buoyed by a crappy economy, a distrustful public, and a nervous legislature, he has convinced his colleagues to audit the Federal Reserve. His bill calling for more transparency at the Fed has, for all intents and purposes, cleared the financial services committee. And from here on it’s in good shape. The bill has massive support in the House—the majority of the chamber has signed on as co-sponsors—and 30 co-sponsors in the Senate. It’s an epochal development in the relationship between the government and the country’s quasi-governmental central bank. A man who wants to kill the Fed altogether may have convinced Congress to hasten its demise.

But Ron Paul’s principles are about to get conflicted. The bill will likely be mashed-up with the broader regulatory overhaul that Barney Frank is preparing. But a libertarian like Ron Paul believes in free markets no matter what, which would make him opposed to regulatory overhaul. But he supports his own legislation to audit the Fed! He’s stuck between a free market and a transparent one.

http://www.thebigmoney.com/blogs/sausage/2009/11/20/ron-paul-wins-lifelong-fight-now-may-be-forced-vote-against-everything-he-b

emmett
11-20-2009, 08:35 PM
It's interesting that the writer of the column would in only three paragraphs not leave the story without accusing Paul of a compromise.

Ron Paul told us way back when times were good that the Fed would be a major contributor to upevil in our economy and be incapable of helping the dollar when the things that Harry Browne predicted would happen......DID!

Frankly Ron Paul has turned out to be more accurate in his predictions about our economy and what would happen to it if we didn't change our ways.....THAN ANY LEGISLATOR IN US HISTORY!!!!!!!! I'm certain however that not even the Conservatives / Republicans on here will admit that, much less the lefties. Dr. Paul is a financial wizard, always has been yet people seem determined to consider him a quack regardless. The fact is, the things he warned us about and has continued to warn us about seemed so far out there (before they came true) that everyone had convinced themselves that he was merely trying to push an agenda of fear. Ah.....guess what folks.....it wasn't that at all. He was right.....DEAD RIGHT all the time.

Will more people now begin to listen to his ideas?

ANSWER: (You fill in here)

PS. Good thread Chloe

chloe
11-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Ron Paul is my pick for 2012:cool:

L-cR0i2YP3A

NwHdSl1ASbA

http://endthefedusa.ning.com/

Joyful HoneyBee
11-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Let's see....going back to April of 2008, even before the bubble burst, here is what Ron Paul had to say:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGBvkEiKmic&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGBvkEiKmic&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chesswarsnow
11-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. CWN< don't like him either, about as much as McCain.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Joyful HoneyBee
11-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Here is one from the Republican primary in May of 2008:

Too bad he didn't get the nomination then because we might all be in a different boat now if he had...one without a leak in it ya know

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/54WFoV-veCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/54WFoV-veCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

emmett
11-20-2009, 10:06 PM
It amazes me how Republicans are. Ron Paul is more conservative than any other congressman. He proves it, he does not just talk it. When voting time comes however folks ignore him even when they sit silently and agree with everything he says.

Absolutely beyond me.

Waaaaaaay more Conservative than McCain.

Would have drew more votes in general election than McCain. With Huckabee as a running mate I think he could have won.

Joyful HoneyBee
11-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Sadly, society as a whole has been brainwashed by either donkeys or elephants into believing they are the only animals in the zoo. I have NEVER believed in the reliability of a two party political system, always seeing that it comes down to a choice between the perceived lesser of two evils, and basically, that's how everyone functions during elections. REAL issues get buried under all the pomp on the one hand and mudslinging on the other.

Ron Paul has refused to participate in any of that, choosing instead to discuss genuine issues that have real impact on every individual. His humorous little quips are completely grounded in truth; his record speaks for itself. He doesn't simply talk the talk and then walk off a cliff, the man is consistent. I think voters don't quite know how do take a man who is this genuine, probably because they are more accustom to being lied to and have become desensitized to it. Hopefully, we've finally reached the point where too much BS is finally enough.

Gaffer
11-21-2009, 10:54 AM
It all comes down to who the media wants everyone to vote for. They carefully steer the thundering herd in the direction they want it to go. People like Paul will never get the true exposure they would need to win an election. If they do start to gain a following the media will go after them for every little thing they can find. And when they can't find something they will make it up.

Before we can change the government we need to change the media.

chloe
11-21-2009, 11:18 AM
It all comes down to who the media wants everyone to vote for. They carefully steer the thundering herd in the direction they want it to go. People like Paul will never get the true exposure they would need to win an election. If they do start to gain a following the media will go after them for every little thing they can find. And when they can't find something they will make it up.

Before we can change the government we need to change the media.

well I did invite les moonves to the board.....

crin63
11-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Like I said in response to Emmett in our ongoing debate. Ron Paul is not electable as president because he comes off as being weird. Its not the media portrayal of him, its how he acts that makes him unelectable in my opinion. The way he talks, the tone of his voice, his mannerisms come off as somewhat irritating and weird. I've heard that from several other people as well.

Gaffer
11-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Like I said in response to Emmett in our ongoing debate. Ron Paul is not electable as president because he comes off as being weird. Its not the media portrayal of him, its how he acts that makes him unelectable in my opinion. The way he talks, the tone of his voice, his mannerisms come off as somewhat irritating and weird. I've heard that from several other people as well.

I agree with you about Paul. I do also believe that if the media decided they want him as the front runner they will make it happen with careful editing and burying the missteps and gaffs. They can turn anyone into a darling with just a little effort.

Insein
11-21-2009, 12:45 PM
It amazes me how Republicans are. Ron Paul is more conservative than any other congressman. He proves it, he does not just talk it. When voting time comes however folks ignore him even when they sit silently and agree with everything he says.

Absolutely beyond me.

Waaaaaaay more Conservative than McCain.

Would have drew more votes in general election than McCain. With Huckabee as a running mate I think he could have won.

Hey I voted for him the primary. Fat lot of good it did though.