PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain?

cat slave
11-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Just exactly has to happen to constitute "treason"?

Doesnt it include not protecting our country? Ignoring the constitution?
Undermining our constitution? Going against the will of the people, citizens
that is?

Im just not understanding how or why we are watching this takeover of our
lives happen. Its like everyone is watching a movie with no control over what
is on the screen. I just dont get it.

We should be camping on the steps of the WH! I dont get it.

Gaffer
11-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately those in charge get to determine what is treason and what's not.

crin63
11-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Treason is not P.C. in todays world of all things being subjective with no absolute rights or wrongs. One mans treason is just another mans accepted political views. When you turn morality on its head and disregard it there can be no treason.

Kathianne
11-21-2009, 12:05 PM

that is?

The only 'crime' defined in the Constitution. Article III:

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

Not easy to prove.

Binky
11-21-2009, 03:36 PM

that is?

I don't get it either Cat. The only thing I can figure out is that we have all become so wrapped up in our daily lives, living and trying to support our families sometimes holding down more than one job, that we are just simply worn right to a frazzle. When one is so tired and worn out, you tend to put a blind eye to what the powers that be happen to be doing. It's exhausting to try and keep track of all the things they are doing. And certainly time consuming. So people come home, take care of their families, chores and then, if they are lucky, finally get a chance to flop down and relax a bit before it all begins again with having to get the youngun's off and runnin' towards beddy bye time. Bathing, clothing them. Cuddling them. It all takes time and then maybe they'll get an hour or two to just sit and veg out before they have to head off to bed. And then it all begins anew the following morning. People are just exhausted. So they focus on what they can immediately do, and don't consider that they, as a whole, could make some positive changes, just by speaking out and banning together.... The greed for more this or that, has created a situation where people have to spend more time working in order to pay for their greed..... As a result, the family suffers as well as our country....

Kathianne
11-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't get it either Cat. The only thing I can figure out is that we have all become so wrapped up in our daily lives, living and trying to support our families sometimes holding down more than one job, that we are just simply worn right to a frazzle. When one is so tired and worn out, you tend to put a blind eye to what the powers that be happen to be doing. It's exhausting to try and keep track of all the things they are doing. And certainly time consuming. So people come home, take care of their families, chores and then, if they are lucky, finally get a chance to flop down and relax a bit before it all begins again with having to get the youngun's off and runnin' towards beddy bye time. Bathing, clothing them. Cuddling them. It all takes time and then maybe they'll get an hour or two to just sit and veg out before they have to head off to bed. And then it all begins anew the following morning. People are just exhausted. So they focus on what they can immediately do, and don't consider that they, as a whole, could make some positive changes, just by speaking out and banning together.... The greed for more this or that, has created a situation where people have to spend more time working in order to pay for their greed..... As a result, the family suffers as well as our country....

I agree with you both as to wanting Americans to care for America. However, I don't see 'treason' anywhere in the above.

Binky
11-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I didn't comment on it as you've already brought it to attention saying what it was. Why should I repeat it?

cat slave
11-22-2009, 11:28 AM
I agree with you both as to wanting Americans to care for America. However, I don't see 'treason' anywhere in the above.

BO has given aid and comfort to those who would do us harm. What is that?

cat slave
11-22-2009, 11:35 AM

Yes, you are right but if we dont save ourselves, who will? I have a dear
lifelong friend who rants and raves about what is happening, but can I get
her to DO anything? No! Shes constantly got a cell phone attached to her
head...I gave her the #s of our senators and rep and asked her just to give
10 minutes a week to making calls.....! So busy...wth isnt? Gripping
accomplishes nothing and everyone is going to have to make a decision to
fight for our way of life or those who intend to wipe away what has been
"America" will definitely do what they have said they would do. I believe
them.

Its pretty stupid when your enemy tells you what they intend to do and
you dont listen...(not "you" specifically, you know what I mean).....then
maybe our race, our country, our system, our freedoms deserve to be
gone!

Gaffer
11-22-2009, 11:43 AM
You can talk, you can call, you can protest, you can hold up signs. Nothing is going to sway the commies and traitors in control of our country except one thing. A million man armed march on washington. Otherwise it's business as usual for those clowns.

cat slave
11-22-2009, 11:46 AM
The only 'crime' defined in the Constitution. Article III:

Not easy to prove.

True but cant we start somewhere? I think it is treasonous to expose our
country to the threat of those who have stated their intentions and then not
provide a strong defense in order to perpetuate his delusional peace nik
ideology. Americas interests should be first in all decisions, not groveled
and begged forgiveness for.

Whats not way off with his "09 Apology Tour"?

Aside from what he hasnt done, he spoke in his own words that he would
transform America forever. And he is. Whats wrong with this picture?

Peace comes from strength...we are in deep trouble. We are made weak
and vulnerable via our economy in death throws, terminal political correctness and a congress who is out of control with the good wishes
and directions from the Obamination/nessiah who is marxist to the core.

cat slave
11-22-2009, 11:48 AM
You can talk, you can call, you can protest, you can hold up signs. Nothing is going to sway the commies and traitors in control of our country except one thing. A million man armed march on washington. Otherwise it's business as usual for those clowns.

I think WA should become a tent city filled with tea party going, flag waving,
outspoken American citizens....in it for the long haul!

Kathianne
11-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Yes, you are right but if we dont save ourselves, who will? I have a dear
lifelong friend who rants and raves about what is happening, but can I get
her to DO anything? No! Shes constantly got a cell phone attached to her
head...I gave her the #s of our senators and rep and asked her just to give
10 minutes a week to making calls.....! So busy...wth isnt? Gripping
accomplishes nothing and everyone is going to have to make a decision to
fight for our way of life or those who intend to wipe away what has been
"America" will definitely do what they have said they would do. I believe
them.

Its pretty stupid when your enemy tells you what they intend to do and
you dont listen...(not "you" specifically, you know what I mean).....then
maybe our race, our country, our system, our freedoms deserve to be
gone!

What you are telling your friend is what more and more people need to do. Write & phone reps., be adamant, but polite on what your position is. Stay on topic, don't throw in things about birth certificates and treason talk, that takes away from the point you wish to make.

Find out where nearby tea parties are going on, go if possible. Join their online communities. I just was posting a bit and was asked to join my state's leadership team. The only rep here not concerned about tea parties is Durbin, wouldn't it be great if he lost? Won't happen, but I could die happy if it did.

cat slave
11-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Hope springs eternal......

If nothing else I am persistent on emailing and calling my elected reps, and
I dont miss hitting the sidewalk with signs.....I got my "training" from fighting
to prevent a state income tax in TN several years ago. We had to keep
coming back and making a stand over and over but we fought it down.
Unfortunately, we will probably have to beat it down again....some politician
said the bad words the other day...."state income tax".

I get so frustrated with people who whine ad nausea m but wont take time
from their all important lives to actually do something!!!!!