PDA

View Full Version : *I REALLY Screwed Up Me Leg!!!*

chesswarsnow
11-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah yeasterday, I was out in drive way with all the door open on my new van while standing next to the seat of the passenger side, with my son, in the cabin chatting with my neighbor.
2. And guess what, he's five, and before I knew it, he had switched the shifter it into nuteral.
3. I have a steep drive way, and the van started rolling backwards.
4. I tried at first to hold it, which I did for about a second and a half, then it started rolling again.
5. Not knowing I just blew my left calf out, I reached over to shift it into park, it made a grinding noise, and kept rolling.
6. The van turned into the street as it hit the street, so the house across the street was never in danger.
7. Crap happens, I can't walk, can't put even the smallest amount of pressure on it.
8. I'm early fifties, and never been immobilized.
9. Man this is a drag, but time will make it better me hopes.:thumb:
10. Anyone with some good ideas?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
11-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah yeasterday, I was out in drive way with all the door open on my new van while standing next to the seat of the passenger side, with my son, in the cabin chatting with my neighbor.
2. And guess what, he's five, and before I knew it, he had switched the shifter it into nuteral.
4. I tried at first to hold it, which I did for about a second and a half, then it started rolling again.
5. Not knowing I just blew my left calf out, I reached over to shift it into park, it made a grinding noise, and kept rolling.
6. The van turned into the street as it hit the street, so the house across the street was never in danger.
7. Crap happens, I can't walk, can't put even the smallest amount of pressure on it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yes you need to go have it looked at by the Doc James, you could of done some serious damage to it

chesswarsnow
11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

Yes you need to go have it looked at by the Doc James, you could of done some serious damage to it

1. Can't move.
2. Can't go to bathroom.
3. Its really bad.
4. I just hope I didn't ruin it for life.
5. Only way I can get to a doc, is by ambalance.
6. Thats about 1k one way ride.
7. Lets just hope, its just a strain.
8. Its does kinda stay hard all the time, like its not going to or able to relax.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
11-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Can't move.
2. Can't go to bathroom.
3. Its really bad.
4. I just hope I didn't ruin it for life.
5. Only way I can get to a doc, is by ambalance.
6. Thats about 1k one way ride.
7. Lets just hope, its just a strain.
8. Its does kinda stay hard all the time, like its not going to or able to relax.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Get crutches and have someone drive you to the hospital, once there they will come out to the van with a wheel chair, could be something easy to fix , but it wont ever be right if it is something bad and ya don't have it fixed,

For now Ice and lots of it, it will help the swelling, and cool the pain if for only a short bit

jimnyc
11-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Sounds like gangrene to me, just cut it off from the mid-thigh down and you'll be all better!

Noir
11-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Sounds like gangrene to me, just cut it off from the mid-thigh down and you'll be all better!

I fully lawled at this, the problem being I'm on a bus, and got some very odd looks, but still :laugh2:

HogTrash
11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexasApply for dissability and live off the taxpayers before the illegals and other helpless useless human waste who have never contributed anything, suck the system dry.

BoogyMan
11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Chess you need to go see a doc. The longer you wait the worse the issue could get.

Or you could just follow Jim's advice and be done with the whole problem. :)

Gaffer
11-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Could be cartilage, bone or joint damage. Going to most likely need surgery to repair. Yeah you will have it for the rest of your life and without medical treatment it will get worse. A neighbor, a friend (if you have one) or maybe your wife (if you have one) could drive you to the ER. Your going to be off your feet for a very long time.

chloe
11-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Better go to the doctor, Im sorry about your leg. I will be thinking of you in my prayers. Thank goodness that when your son switched gears he wasnt actually in the car and didnt get hurt eh?

emmett
11-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Moral to the story: Being in Neutral doesn't always mean you aren't going anywhere!

Get the leg looked at IMMEDIATELY. Surely there must be someone who can drive you to the ER. Who drove the van back into the driveway? Would they be so kind as to drive you there?

crin63
11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
You could sue the auto manufacturer for making the van, I mean otherwise this injury would never have happened right?

Get to a doctor but whatever means possible it could be serious.

gabosaurus
11-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Has your son been reading the Koran?

Kathianne
11-23-2009, 01:07 PM
James, even if passed you won't be getting Obama care for 4-5 years. Better go now. Hope you feel better, soon.

chesswarsnow
11-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think your kidding,....Jim:poke:CWN
2. But if not, I have never done that before, and err,...can you show me how?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

I fully lawled at this, the problem being I'm on a bus, and got some very odd looks, but still :laugh2:

1. Jurys still out on if he was kidding, you never know, this being the internet,.....
2. Hows that job hunting working out by the way?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

Apply for dissability and live off the taxpayers before the illegals and other helpless useless human waste who have never contributed anything, suck the system dry.

1. Good idea if this was a long retracted engery.
2. I feel like its just a minor set back.
3. God willing ofcourse.
4. Anyway, my business didn't stop, I got people, working thankfully.
5. Still we will have a wonderfull *Thanksgiving*, lots to be thankful for you know.:dance:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

Chess you need to go see a doc. The longer you wait the worse the issue could get.

Or you could just follow Jim's advice and be done with the whole problem. :)

1. Thanks my old freind from another site I was banned from years ago.
2. I do hope alls well with you, and yours ofcourse.
3. I appreciate your advise and all, I will consider it, if things don't turn around.
4. God willing I will bounce back very fast, which I believe he's willing.
5. You still mod at the old site?
6. I'm sure I'm highly missed there.:laugh2:
7. Just like here, I'm so well loved, even the owner of this site, jokes I should *Curt Of Me Lerg!*:laugh2:
8. He's a joker, he loves my stuff, although he acts like he gets worn down by it at times.
9. Don't tell anyone, but he's just acting.
10. Anyway, try and post more often here, I'm sure your always welcome too.:beer:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

Could be cartilage, bone or joint damage. Going to most likely need surgery to repair. Yeah you will have it for the rest of your life and without medical treatment it will get worse. A neighbor, a friend (if you have one) or maybe your wife (if you have one) could drive you to the ER. Your going to be off your feet for a very long time.

1. Your not a doctor are you?
2. Lets hope this free advice is worth what it costed me.
3. I don't think you can keep a good man down.
4. So I am sure this will pass.
5. What makes you think its worse than I think it is?
6. I think its just a real bad strain, thats it.
7. No swelling, no bruses, no broken bones.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

Better go to the doctor, Im sorry about your leg. I will be thinking of you in my prayers. Thank goodness that when your son switched gears he wasnt actually in the car and didnt get hurt eh?

1. Your a real sweet person, and I thank you for the thought of my sons safety.
2. And yes he was in the van, faced toward the back with his back to the wind sheild.
3. He was my main concern, ofcourse, and wasn't harmed the least little bit, gratefully.
4. I could use some pain killers, thats one good reason to see a Doctor.
5. But my Doc goes home early, he's about to retire.
6. I just called him, at his home, during this post, he's says, it doesn't sound to bad, from what I described to him, bad strain, he said, take some Advil, which I just happen to have!:thumb:
7. Thanks so much sweetie.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

Moral to the story: Being in Neutral doesn't always mean you aren't going anywhere!

Get the leg looked at IMMEDIATELY. Surely there must be someone who can drive you to the ER. Who drove the van back into the driveway? Would they be so kind as to drive you there?

1. Thanks mon,......
2. Well when we ended up in the street, my neighbor asked me if I had the keys, I said yea, after i felt in my pocket for them.
3. So he shut all the other doors, then I myself drove it up the drive way, which helped me towards the house.
4. I told he I would see ya laters, and hobbled into the house.
5. I will be okay mon, thanks so much,....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Sorry bout that,

You could sue the auto manufacturer for making the van, I mean otherwise this injury would never have happened right?

Get to a doctor but whatever means possible it could be serious.

1. Not going to happen, the van didn't do it, it was accident.
2. I will see how it goes, I think this will pass.
3. Thanks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

James, even if passed you won't be getting Obama care for 4-5 years. Better go now. Hope you feel better, soon.

1. Thanks for the concern.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

jimnyc
11-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think your kidding,....Jim:poke:CWN
2. But if not, I have never done that before, and err,...can you show me how?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Of course I was kidding! I am a sarcastic prick, in case you haven't noticed!

gabosaurus
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
You might want to check your kid's correspondences. He might have been stealing the vehicle to deliver to the local mosque, for use as a car bomb.

chesswarsnow
11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

You might want to check your kid's correspondences. He might have been stealing the vehicle to deliver to the local mosque, for use as a car bomb.

1. You're a real work of art there gabby.
2. Only a low life liberal would even think of saying something that calous, about a five year old boy.
3. You're one sick puppy, if you didn't notice.
4. I don't think you meant that as a joke, now did you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
11-24-2009, 03:20 PM
3. You're one sick puppy, if you didn't notice.

I guess that makes two of us, then.

chesswarsnow
11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

I guess that makes two of us, then.

1. So you're aware just how sick you are?
2. And you continue to post the rambleings of an insane person?
3. Last I checked I was perfectly sane.
4. You're not helping yourself here now.
5. Take some time off, relax your bap.:poke:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

jimnyc
11-24-2009, 10:07 PM
But if not, I have never done that before, and err,...can you show me how?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I guess I read your response too quickly last night and missed your last part. Since I like you, I will of course show you how!

1- Ok, first go to Home Depot, Lowe's, or your local hardware store, and ask the clerk where you can find "Hacksaws". They look something like this:

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/stanley-fatmax-hacksaw.jpg

2- Now you want to ensure you have an appropriate blade. Personally, I would ask for the "Tuff Tooth" from Lennox, which should be plenty to go through skin, ligament and bone. It looks just like this one:

http://www.lenoxtools.com/img/compel/f-27yMp6nqlheeTGZJGPuL5Mdey2L36H/productdetail_main.jpg

3- The best place to actually cut is just above the kneecap. This way you avoid the bone in the knee and all the stubborn ligaments. It will also allow you to salvage more of your leg this way, as opposed to mid thigh, and you'll look like less of a freak when completed.

4- Hesitation is your worst enemy! You want to make quick, clean and thorough cuts to get through the leg as quickly as possible. The more you hesitate, the more it will bleed and the longer it will hurt.

5- Once lower leg is removed, discard it as you no longer have use for it.

6- Oh, before you start your sawing, almost forgot. Head back to the hardware store! You want to get yourself a propane torch, similar to the one pictured below:

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/image/c8e0620ac8fc116a (notice the large flame? The larger the flame, the quicker your pain!)

7- After severing your leg above the knee, quickly light this bugger. Wherever you see blood coming out profusely - burn the fuck out of it with this thing till you no longer see the blood. ** Good news - your leg will likely hurt so bad from the saw that you probably won't feel the flame. Not sure though, so you might want to bite down on a towel or something)

That's it, your gangrene is now a thing of the past. Parts will run you less than $50, so fuck both current healthcare and Obamcare!

P.S. - Please snap a few photos for me!

chesswarsnow
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Hehehe,.......:lol:
2. Wait a second, I asked you to show me how to do it, not tell me how!
3. Now you seem like a person who's got the guts to show us.
4. So march on down to Home Depot, and buy what you need.
5. I will be glad to see you post it here, before I get all in a hurry to rush out myself.
6. Things like this, I just need to be shown, so knock yourself out mon!:slap:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. To all my internet buds concerned about me lerg.
2. Its doing much better today, I can put a little weight on it, and walk with my walking staff.
3. Still hurts a lot, but there is progress.
4. Now wheres my Advil!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its been a week today.
2. Lergs still screwed.

3. Won't be any :dance: anytime soon.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Abbey Marie
11-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Sorry, James. One thing I know about these days is the feeling of being immobilized by leg pain. Hope you had it looked at by now.

chloe
11-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. To all my internet buds concerned about me lerg.
2. Its doing much better today, I can put a little weight on it, and walk with my walking staff.
3. Still hurts a lot, but there is progress.
4. Now wheres my Advil!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

what did the Doctor say about it?

chesswarsnow
11-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I haven't seen a doctor yet.
2. I am hoping, everythings fine.
3. And it needs time to heal up.
4. Its feeling better today.
5. Not great by any means, its purpling up in a couple places.
6. I really did a number on it, it will take some time for sure.
7. Once years ago, I pulled a muscle in my thigh, took about a year to heal up, and I was 40 back then.
8. I retired from roofing after that.
9. At least I can hire people to work for me now, so at least I can have an income, and as long as the phone keeps ringing.
10. The soreness is starting to abate, in the legimates behind my knee cap, which a nice purple bruise is forming.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
11-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

7. Once years ago, I pulled a muscle in my thigh, took about a year to heal up, and I was 40 back then.
9. At least I can hire people to work for me now, so at least I can have an income, and as long as the phone keeps ringing.
10. The soreness is starting to abate, in the legimates behind my knee cap, which a nice purple bruise is forming.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

geez, you should go to the doctor, I'm surprized your family hasn't insisted on that.

chesswarsnow
11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry bout that,

geez, you should go to the doctor, I'm surprized your family hasn't insisted on that.

1. I tell you what, some pain pills would go down pretty easy right now.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
11-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I tell you what, some pain pills would go down pretty easy right now.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You owe it to your Son, to take care of your health, if you are still in pain, you should go to instacare today and have them look at it, what if you develop an infection and get very ill, is it fair to your child that you are not getting a professional medical look at that injury and not taking care of yourself ?

chesswarsnow
11-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I plan on going tomorrow.
2. This may take a while to heal, and or could need surgery.
3. So I need pills, or a operating table.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
11-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I plan on going tomorrow.
2. This may take a while to heal, and or could need surgery.
3. So I need pills, or a operating table.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

good boy chess:beer:

HogTrash
11-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexasI tore the ACL in my knee about 8 years ago and my leg turned purple from my crotch to the tips of my toes...Hurt like hell!...Long time healing.

chesswarsnow
12-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. The lerg's doing alot better.
2. But me back went out too.
3. When it rains its poors.
4. But atleast me lergs better!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
12-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

glad to hear your legs better, sorry about your back.....are you brittish?

Jeff
12-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

James you falling apart man, hope ya get to feeling better

chesswarsnow
12-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

glad to hear your legs better, sorry about your back.....are you brittish?

1. Thanks so much.
2. No Im not British, thou I am decendent of them.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
12-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Thanks so much.
2. No Im not British, thou I am decendent of them.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

oh ...I thought I detected an accent in your posts.....