PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Meets With House Republicans

stephanie
04-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:20 PM by Mark Murray
Categories: Republicans, 2008
From NBC's Joel Seidman
Sixty-three House Republicans attended a private meeting on Capitol Hill this afternoon with former GOP Sen. Fred Thompson, to discuss his potential White House bid. The attendees were a Who's Who of House conservatives: Reps. Dan Burton, Steve Buyer, Shelley Moore Capito, Don Manzullo, and Zack Wamp (who organized the event).

After the meeting, Thompson told the press, "I came over to see some old friends, meet some new friends, and I will see you again." That's all he said about his possible bid. But the members who attended the meeting said they were excited and called Thompson "presidential."

This is the whole article........But I say...:
:thewave:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/04/18/156602.aspx

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Sounds promising. I saw an interview with him and he makes a lot of sense and doesn't mince words. He answered direct questions with direct answers. and when asked a yes or no question he answered yes or no. It was very refreshing.

stephanie
04-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Sounds promising. I saw an interview with him and he makes a lot of sense and doesn't mince words. He answered direct questions with direct answers. and when asked a yes or no question he answered yes or no. It was very refreshing.

I'm with you gaffer..
Exactly all the reasons I like about him..
Plus, he's not a career politician..

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah that too. And when he was a senator he set his own term limits. McCain and Guliani better look out. There's a new horse in the race that looks mighty good.

stephanie
04-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah that too. And when he was a senator he set his own term limits. McCain and Giuliani better look out. There's a new horse in the race that looks mighty good.

Here's a good endorsement...Even over at DUunderground some of the more level headed posters, have said he could be hard to beat...

I hope he runs....I have a good feeling about him..

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 09:50 PM
That's a good sign, but I find it hard to believe there are any semi-levelheaded posters at DU. I didn't think they stopped the anti-Bush rants long enough to take note of anything around them.

stephanie
04-18-2007, 10:04 PM
That's a good sign, but I find it hard to believe there are any semi-levelheaded posters at DU. I didn't think they stopped the anti-Bush rants long enough to take note of anything around them.

They do float through occasionally...:laugh2:

Gunny
04-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah that too. And when he was a senator he set his own term limits. McCain and Guliani better look out. There's a new horse in the race that looks mighty good.

IMO, he has the best chance of any Republican currently running to win.

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 10:16 PM
IMO, he has the best chance of any Republican currently running to win.

I agree, and the libs are going to hate him.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I agree, and the libs are going to hate him.

Well yeah ... he's the type to call them libs.:laugh2:

IMO, he has the most broad recognition, and appeal. Rudy and gang all apeeal only to specific groups.

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Well yeah ... he's the type to call them libs.:laugh2:

IMO, he has the most broad recognition, and appeal. Rudy and gang all apeeal only to specific groups.

Very true, and he doesn't seem inclined to dance around the issues either. I hope to see more interviews with him and even some debates.