PDA

View Full Version : Scam experience

glockmail
11-24-2009, 04:52 PM
My daughter wants a DSLR camera for Christmas. I told her that I'd get her won for graduating high school, but they're too expensive for a Christmas gift. I bought a helmet cam for my son for $320, so that's her budget. And a decent DSLR is at least $470. But if she can find a used one maybe...

So she does a web search and finds one on a Yahoo site for $320, a Nikon D60, with two lenses, and its new. I'm impressed. The site looks legit so I log in to the secure server and put my credit card in. Standard shipping is $9.95.

glockmail
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Thank you for your recent order. Below is your confirmation that we received your order. Please
review the information below and notify us immediately if you have any questions.

Customer Service
buydirectonline
buy.direct@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------
ORDER CONFIRMATION Invoice No. 8

Bill To:
xxxx

Ship To:
xxxx

Order Date: 11/23/09
Payment By: MasterCard
Confirmation No: 510056599
Shipment Tracking:

buydirectonline Items
1 Nikon D60 Digital SLR Two-Lens VR Outfit (18-55 VR & AF-S DX VR (1.6lbs, New) @ $320.00 = $320.00

Sub-Total: $320.00

Shipping: $9.95 (Standard)

Sales Tax: $0.00

buydirectonline Total: $329.95

Store Credit: -$0.00

TOTAL DUE: $329.95

glockmail
11-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Hello and thanks for the order
xxxx
sorry we still have the Nikon D60 Digital SLR Two-Lens VR Outfit (18-55 VR & AF-S DX VR in stock brand new sealed box never open with 1year and 6month warranty and also we offer 14days return policy in case of damage nor defeat during the shipping process and we ship via a reputable courier company with the duration of 48hours to your door step and currently we are offering our international sales promotion buy 4unit and get 1free on every of our stock and currently due to high rate of credit card theft we accept the payment via western union money transfer with the below information of our company accountant and please reconfirm your shipping address again so that we nay proceed into the shipping processing

Reciever First Name......richard
Second ................................Hilton
Address..SUITE 16, BEAUFORT COURT ADMIRALS WAY
LONDON, E14 9XL
UNITED KINGDOM

Ship To:
xxxx

Hoping to read from you as soon as possible so that we can proceed into the shipping process

Best Regards
Sales Manager
Barry

glockmail
11-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Barry,

Yes, you have my shipping address correct:

xxxx

Please send my order, no additional changes.

xxxx

glockmail
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
we can charge your card our mechant processor is bad so you will have to make the payment via western union to the below details and get back to us with the payment confirmation so that we can proceed and send you the package tracking number

glockmail
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Barry,

This must be a scam. Western Union is like sending you cash. I have no recourse if you rip me off.

xxxx

glockmail
11-24-2009, 05:01 PM
The caller ID is "UNREGISTERED" and the quality is so bad I can't figure out who it is. After 30 seconds or s the call gets dropped.

glockmail
11-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Same ID, same problem. Although this second time I'm clued in that it's "Barry".

glockmail
11-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Hello and .sorry if you have hard a bad experience in the past but never the less i will not want you to have a blanket conclusion on every one ,though the bad ones has spoil the good one in the society but never the less i will you to no that there still good ones who are out here to do bussiness with honesty and fear of God ,because in our company we do not look for what we stand to gain now but a good customer relation ship that can benefit both of us in the nearer future ,though i barely understand your skeptical ,but i am giving you my word and 100% assurance that your package will be deliver within the duration of 48hours to your door step after the confirmation of your payment via the western union and as pr the low price we are offering our ...ok ?

glockmail
11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Barry,

More evidence of a scam. You called me twice from an untraceable line, and you're obviously from some other continent, so 48 hour shipment for $9.95 is simply impossible. I have no way of researching your company or creditworthiness. I, however, have excellent credit. So to prove this is not a scam, send me the camera. I'll check it out and test it, and see if it's the real thing. If so, I'll send you the $330 in US funds within 48 hours. If not, I'll send you the camera back.

xxxx

glockmail
11-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Same ID but a better connection. He hasn't read my last email. I told him that there was no way I was going to send him a money order, and to reply to my email so I have this in writing.

glockmail
11-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I call Bank of America and let them know what happened, and not to accept any charge from this guy. We had a big laugh, since this was like the Nigerian scheme that you read about every so often. She asked me if I wanted them to change the card number and send me a new one, and I told her that it was her choice. She said that she wanted to, to be safe, and would I need this sent fed-x so I could use the card tomorrow. I told her that wouldn't be necessary since I have other cards to use. She then insisted that she send it next day delivery at her expense delivery because she didn't want me to have to use "some other card". :laugh2:

Mr. P
11-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I call Bank of America and let them know what happened, and not to accept any charge from this guy. We had a big laugh, since this was like the Nigerian scheme that you read about every so often. She asked me if I wanted them to change the card number and send me a new one, and I told her that it was her choice. She said that she wanted to, to be safe, and would I need this sent fed-x so I could use the card tomorrow. I told her that wouldn't be necessary since I have other cards to use. She then insisted that she send it next day delivery at her expense delivery because she didn't want me to have to use "some other card". :laugh2:

LOL! so who's the crook, the Nigerian or the credit card co.?

glockmail
11-24-2009, 07:07 PM
She's just looking out for her best interest by providing top notch service to a valued customer.

Mr. P
11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
She's just looking out for her best interest by providing top notch service to a valued customer.

Right! :laugh2:

The correct answer is both are crooks.

chloe
11-24-2009, 08:19 PM

That's horrible !!!! You better change all your banking info now. Im sorry that happened, it sucks to get ripped off.

glockmail
11-24-2009, 09:43 PM
That's horrible !!!! You better change all your banking info now. Im sorry that happened, it sucks to get ripped off. I don't have to change "all my banking info", just that one itty bitty credit card.

And I didn't get ripped off. I called the guy to the carpet and he wussed out. :laugh2:

Luna Tick
11-28-2009, 06:44 PM
If you buy anything online, especially electronics, check out the company's reputation first at www.resellerratings.com.

There are LOTS of fly by night crooks!