PDA

View Full Version : The Spender In Chief

red states rule
11-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Pres Obama has yet another accomplishemnt under his belt - the all time first year Presidential spender in US History

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2734/4132910364_7d472efea3_m.jpg

Obama Shatters Spending Record for First-Year Presidents

FOXNews.com

The federal government spent $3.5 trillion during President Obama's first year in office. This far exceeds the spending for any other first-year president.

President Obama has shattered the budget record for first-year presidents -- spending nearly double what his predecessor did when he came into office and far exceeding the first-year tabs for any other U.S. president in history.

In fiscal 2009 the federal government spent $3.52 trillion -- $2.8 trillion in 2000 dollars, which sets a benchmark for comparison. That fiscal year covered the last three-and-a-half months of George W. Bush's term and the first eight-and-a-half months of Obama's.

That price tag came with a $1.4 trillion deficit, nearly $1 trillion more than last year. The overall budget was about a half-trillion more than Bush's for 2008, his final full fiscal year in office.

Click here to read FOXBusiness.com's Elizabeth MacDonald describe what the interest on the debt can buy.

That's a big increase. But compared with other presidents' first years in office, Obama is running circles around them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/24/obama-shatters-spending-record-year-presidents/

cat slave
11-28-2009, 02:21 AM
Guess its still Bushs fault. Wonder how many more miles hes going to get out
of that lame excuse!

red states rule
11-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Guess its still Bushs fault. Wonder how many more miles hes going to get out
of that lame excuse!

I keep asking Obama supporters when the economy will be Obama's economy. They answer "when it gets better"

So I guess the 2010 election them for the Dems will be "Don't blame us - it's Bush's fault"

Anyone can see by the polls, that excuise is no longer working

chloe
11-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I keep asking Obama supporters when the economy will be Obama's economy. They answer "when it gets better"
So I guess the 2010 election them for the Dems will be "Don't blame us - it's Bush's fault"

Anyone can see by the polls, that excuise is no longer working

:laugh2:

red states rule
11-28-2009, 09:40 AM
What Obama supporters do not understand - or want to admit - people will find jobs when Obama loses his

Jeff
11-28-2009, 10:01 AM
What Obama supporters do not understand - or want to admit - people will find jobs when Obama loses his

If he doesn't have his way that is, Obama is out to destroy this country from with in and might I add he is doing a great job of it, 3 more years I fear we will be standing in food lines

red states rule
11-28-2009, 10:03 AM
If he doesn't have his way that is, Obama is out to destroy this country from with in and might I add he is doing a great job of it, 3 more years I fear we will be standing in food lines

The Obama suppoerts will tell you "Cheer up. We are all on welfare but we do have Obamacare"

Jeff
11-28-2009, 10:07 AM
The Obama suppoerts will tell you "Cheer up. We are all on welfare but we do have Obamacare"

In order to pay for his Obamacare he will have to cut welfare also, why do ya think the brothers are losing interest in him

Little-Acorn
11-28-2009, 10:08 AM

To paraphrase a wise politician:

"A recession is when your neighbor loses his job.

A depression is when you lose yours.

And a recovery is when Barack Obama loses his."

red states rule
11-28-2009, 10:10 AM

Also, the Dems in Congress can provide stimulus money for the local and state governments to install 48 inch HD TV's in the unemployemnt and welfare offices so as people stand in line, they can see Obama and Democrats in style

Jeff
11-28-2009, 10:13 AM

I like that, lol, sad part is , it is true