View Full Version : The Flying Imams and 9/11

stephanie
04-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Interesting read....Scary.

SNIP:
full article..
http://www.aina.org/news/20070418103800.htm
Posted GMT 4-18-2007 15:38:0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a tale of two Novembers with the horror of September 11th sandwiched in between.

In November 2006, six imams on a US Airways Minneapolis to Phoenix flight begin engaging in bizarre behaviors eerily similar to those used by the 9/11 hijackers to takeover the planes used on that terrible day: shouting slogans in Arabic; leaving assigned seats to position themselves much like the 9/11 attackers; requesting seat belt extenders that they positioned on the floor, rather than used to secure themselves. Responding to the reasonable concerns of passengers and the flight crew, the imams were removed from the plane by authorities.

Seven years earlier in November 1999, two Saudi students on an America West flight from Phoenix to Columbus were detained after landing because they had made repeated attempts to enter the cockpit area of the plane during the flight.
----------------------------------------------------------
Here's the 1999 CAIR Press release that this article is talking about..
http://www.cair-net.org/default.asp?Page=articleView&id=43&theType=AA

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
and the trial will commence:

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/01/04/trial_sought_in_imams_airport_suit/4407/

Trial sought in imams' airport suit

Published: Jan. 4, 2008 at 9:44 AM

MINNEAPOLIS , Jan. 4 (UPI) -- Airport officials in Minneapolis and US Airways are seeking a jury trial for a lawsuit filed by five Muslim clerics who were removed from a plane.

The Metropolitan Airports Commission, which oversees Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, and the airline are also seeking immunity for employees named in the suit, claiming they are protected by a "John Doe" law passed last year by the U.S. Congress that guards people acting in an official capacity to prevent terrorist attacks, The Washington Times reported Friday....

Abbey Marie
01-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I cannot imagine a more important trial for this country. The outcome is crucial.

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
I cannot imagine a more important trial for this country. The outcome is crucial.

Agreed. On several levels. It may help to push CAIR even more. Never forget they fought tooth and nail to try and stop the 'John Doe Law':

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MWFmM2E3YmM4ZTI3NzE1MWYwNmE4ZTM5ZGM4NDMwODE=

Friday, July 20, 2007

Flying Imams, CAIR and Democrats Defeat Common Sense National Security [Andy McCarthy]

At least for now, the Democrats have killed Rep. Pete King's amendment which would have provided protection from being sued for people who report suspicious behavior — like the Flying Imams' simulated hijacking — in national security cases. Michelle Malkin has the details.

Maybe it's me, but I just find this stunning. Asking whether, in this era (or, frankly, any era), you should be able to tell the police you saw something troubling without having to worry about it is like asking whether you should be able to breathe. It is common sense — if such a thing exists anymore in Reid/Pelosi America.

The Democrats' maneuver here is also an obnoxious assertion of state power over the individual: If the state subpoenas you for information, you are compelled to provide it to the authorities whether you want to or not; but if you want to provide it voluntarily in order to protect your community, the Democrats say, "prepare to be sued."

What possible good reason is there to silence people who want to tell the police they saw suspicious behavior? Under circumstances where we are under threat from covert terror networks which secretly embed themselves in our society to prepare and carry out WMD attacks? Planet earth to the Democrats: To execute such attacks, terrorists have to act suspiciously at some point. There are only a few thousand federal agents in the country. There are many more local police, but even they are relatively sparse in a country of 300 million. If we are going to stop the people trying to kill us, we need ordinary citizens on their toes. Again, this is just common sense.

Profiling? Our war is against ISLAMIC radicals. They think the KORAN is commanding them to murder us. The guy who tried to bomb the airport in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago was yelling ALLAH! as he fought with the police. We're supposed to ignore that?

Democrats killed the amendment in a very sneaky, technical, under-the-radar way in the House — so they can tell their insane fringe backers they pulled it off, yet no one's fingerprints are on it. As far as I'm concerned, that just means we should blame "THE DEMOCRATS." Period. If they don't want personal accountability, we should see it this way: When it comes to national security, this is who they are.

In the senate, the measure fell short by three votes of the 60 needed. By the way: Barack Obama and Sam Brownback, showing real leadership as they run for the White House, did not bother to vote. Nor did Dianne Feinstein, though she is a member of the Judiciary Committee and frequently has lots to say on national security issues. Three votes were needed on an issue that pitted the American people against the netroots, and those three were nowhere to be found. Profiles in courage all.

All Republicans in the Senate except Brownback voted for the measure. Hillary Clinton, who is running for president and obviously is not suicidal, broke with her party and voted with the Republicans. So did Senators Bayh, Conrad, Dorgan, Landrieu, Lieberman, Nelson (of Nebraska), and Schumer. The remaining 39 Democrats were all nays. Call them the "Death Wish Caucus," doing the bidding of CAIR, which is backing the Flying Imams and their alleged right to sue Americans for reporting potential terrorist activity.

Michelle advises us to take heart: "This fight is not over. There still is a final conference report to be hashed out. Keep your phones lit. The Senate Dems need to hear from you."

07/20 06:13 AM

Abbey Marie
01-04-2008, 01:17 PM
CAIR knows better than most Americans the advantage to Islamic terrorists of PC'ing this country into dumb submission.

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 01:21 PM
CAIR knows better than most Americans the advantage to Islamic terrorists of PC'ing this country into dumb submission.

Yep, the good news is that it's beginning to be reported the problems of CAIR. That their leadership has real ties to Hamas and other unsavory groups. That their membership has never been more than a few thousand, yet they are treated by the FBI, President, and religious leaders like a powerhouse. Their only power was through intimidation. Several of their top leadership have stepped down, two of them leaving the country within the last year. I think they may have problems going forth.

Abbey Marie
01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Yep, the good news is that it's beginning to be reported the problems of CAIR. That their leadership has real ties to Hamas and other unsavory groups. That their membership has never been more than a few thousand, yet they are treated by the FBI, President, and religious leaders like a powerhouse. Their only power was through intimidation. Several of their top leadership have stepped down, two of them leaving the country within the last year. I think they may have problems going forth.

Thanks for the info, Kath. That's some good news.

I think the average Joe still doesn't get the devastating power of our courts to subvert the will of the people.

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the info, Kath. That's some good news.

I think the average Joe still doesn't get the devastating power of our courts to subvert the will of the people.

Quite welcome. I often wish the Framers had been a bit more detailed writing Article 3. Truth to tell, I think it's been pretty good at handling the cases involving terrorism. Sure there have been some weird ones, but they seem to get overturned rather quickly.

The executive for the most part takes more of the credit and blame for what goes on, though not really as influential as it appears to the public. Congress hides behind numbers and partisanship, the courts because too few understand how they work.

gabosaurus
01-04-2008, 03:54 PM
:rolleyes: