PDA

View Full Version : 4 WA Officers killed in a coffee shop.. :(

-Cp
11-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Yet ONE MORE REASON why we NEED MORE Armed, law-abiding Citizens!!

God speed to the families of the victims!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/78088192.html

LAKEWOOD, Wash. - Four uniformed police officers were shot and killed in a bloody Sunday morning ambush at a Lakewood-area coffee shop, officials said.
Pierce County Sheriff's Office spokesman Ed Troyer called the ambush "a targeted attack" on the four Lakewood police officers as they were preparing to start their shifts at about 8:15 a.m.

Officials at the scene said a lone gunmen burst into the Forza Coffee Co. outlet at 11401 Steele St. South, shot the four uniformed officers as they were working on their laptop computers, then fled the scene.

Two baristas and a handful of other customers were inside the coffee shop at the time of the attack, but none of them were shot or injured. The suspect fled without taking any money.

Troyer described the scene inside the coffee shop as "carnage and a scene out of a horror movie."

Three male officers and one female officer all died at the scene.

About 2 1/2 hours after the deadly ambush, officers identified a white Chevy pickup truck abandoned at 134th Street and Pacific Avenue South that is believed to be the one that the suspect fled in.

Soon after, there was a standoff reported between officers and one or more people inside a residence a few blocks away. It was not immediately known if the standoff is related to the police shootings, but it was still continuing as of 12:30 p.m.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for any information leading to the arrest of the suspect or any possible accomplices, Troyer said. An emergency tip line has been set up, at 866-977-2362, for callers to report any helpful information.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB0z3Z226w4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB0z3Z226w4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chesswarsnow
11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sounds like something an arab would do.
2. Or a person with the mindset of an arab.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

HogTrash
11-29-2009, 06:36 PM
No discription of the shooter was given.

I wonder if that was for reasons of political correctness or some strategical purpose?

gabosaurus
11-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Authorities are saying it is possibly an ex-con, most likely taking advantage of the American right of every lunatic to own a weapon.
These were armed police officers, by the way. They simply didn't have time to react. Just like none of you would have time to react. You would barely have time to jump under a table and plead for mercy.
God bless you, gun nuts. Four more victims to celebrate.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/

SassyLady
11-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Authorities are saying it is possibly an ex-con, most likely taking advantage of the American right of every lunatic to own a weapon.
These were armed police officers, by the way. They simply didn't have time to react. Just like none of you would have time to react. You would barely have time to jump under a table and plead for mercy.

Gabby,

If it was an ex-con he did not have the gun legally, therefore, banning the right to own a gun would not have stopped him from getting one on the black market and killing these police officers.

As for not having time.....the police were the target - if someone else in the store had a gun perhaps they could have killed the SOB and then he would not be loose to kill others.

I may be a gun nut, but you are a rabid, irrational progressive Pollyanna.

Jeff
11-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Gabby,

If it was an ex-con he did not have the gun legally, therefore, banning the right to own a gun would not have stopped him from getting one on the black market and killing these police officers.

As for not having time.....the police were the target - if someone else in the store had a gun perhaps they could have killed the SOB and then he would not be loose to kill others.

I may be a gun nut, but you are a rabid, irrational progressive Pollyanna.

What this shows is how easy it is for a criminal to get a gun, So why would the law makers worry about the law abiding citizen when the ex-con's can get a gun a whole lot easier ?

Agnapostate
11-29-2009, 11:17 PM

I wonder if that was for reasons of political correctness or some strategical purpose?

I heard he's a coooooooooooooooooooon.

Now you have another anecdote to pluck out when you need to, Johnny Reb. :salute:

emmett
11-29-2009, 11:27 PM

Just think, if guns were outlawed he would have had to hand his gun in and wouldn't have had it. :poke:

Get real Gab

-Cp
11-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Gabby,
if someone else in the store had a gun perhaps they could have killed the SOB and then he would not be loose to kill others.

That was my point as well !

Noir
11-30-2009, 04:16 AM
Maybe if guns were not so easy ta get it would never have happened in the first place, maybe maybe maybe, alas no one really knows, but I sure as hell can't memo the last time a guy shot 4 people dead in the UK, that wasn't linked to the IRA ie Organised crime.

Agnapostate
11-30-2009, 05:07 AM
Well, stepping aside from anecdotal reports altogether, there's sounder empirical research that indicates that gun prevalence is related to increases in the lethality of violent crime. For example, we could refer to Duggan's More Guns, More Crime (http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/322833):

This paper examines the relationship between gun ownership and crime. Previous research has suffered from a lack of reliable data on gun ownership. I exploit a unique data set to reliably estimate annual rates of gun ownership at both the state and the county levels during the past two decades. My findings demonstrate that changes in gun ownership are significantly positively related to changes in the homicide rate, with this relationship driven almost entirely by an impact of gun ownership on murders in which a gun is used. The effect of gun ownership on all other crime categories is much less marked. Recent reductions in the fraction of households owning a gun can explain one‐third of the differential decline in gun homicides relative to nongun homicides since 1993.

But no, I'm nowhere near naive enough to believe that that would make a single rightist even blink. :)

Jeff
11-30-2009, 06:46 AM
Kind of got off the real meaning of this post and that is 4 innocent people were murdered, I hope and pray there families get threw this, and it sure would be nice to see this murder actually have to pay for what he did whether he is a coooooooon or a cracker ( as some of the white people like to be called, or so it seems)

Trigg
11-30-2009, 06:52 AM

He's a black ex-con who, according to the paper, has only been out about a week.

Possibly one of the officers arrested him or maybe he simply saw the cops all together and took advantage of the situation. The police have the house, where they think he is, staked out.

HogTrash
11-30-2009, 07:44 AM

http://www.thenewstribune.com/You are confusing honest law-abiding gun owners with criminals, psychos and some group you refer to as "gun nuts", whatever that is.

Kathianne
11-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Not good for Huckabee:

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/11/29/violent-felon-granted-clemency-by-huckabee-now-sought-in-lakewood-wa-police-ambush/

Violent felon granted clemency by Huckabee now sought in Lakewood, WA police ambush; Update: Huck PAC posts statement; Update: SWAT team surrounds Clemmons’ family home

By Michelle Malkin • November 29, 2009 09:58 PM

Scroll for updates…SWAT team reportedly surrounded a Clemmons family home late Sunday…KIRO TV in Seattle has details…Reward for information leading to arrest now up to $120,000…4:15am Eastern 11/30…hostage negotiator on loudspeaker attempting to communicate with Clemmons…Twitter hashtag for latest breaking developments: #lakeshoot…Live Seattle police scanner stream via KOMO here…4:37am Eastern…residents reporting hearing flashbangs…Officer’s message to Clemmons: “I can tell you this, we are not going away.”...

I'm not finding reports yet, but heard on radio they think he may be dead in house, whether from police or suicide, unknown.

Agnapostate
11-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Heh. I'm seeing Willie Horton again, though total clemency is a bit different than a weekend furlough. ;)

Jeff
11-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Not good for Huckabee:

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/11/29/violent-felon-granted-clemency-by-huckabee-now-sought-in-lakewood-wa-police-ambush/

I'm not finding reports yet, but heard on radio they think he may be dead in house, whether from police or suicide, unknown.

Its a shame he wont be able to suffer for what he did, a bullet his or the cops is much to quick

Agnapostate
11-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Why do our Southern patriots hate the "ragheads" again? They're not much different, after all. :D

HogTrash
11-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Not good for Huckabee:

I'm not finding reports yet, but heard on radio they think he may be dead in house, whether from police or suicide, unknown.I am not a fan of pro-amnesty Huckabee anyway...He's just another McCain...One less RINO.

It is a good thing if this damages his presidential plans...Only a real conservative can save us.

Agnapostate
11-30-2009, 08:32 AM
http://uploadpic.org/view-pic-img.html?img=29169&w=720

Gaffer
11-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Maybe if guns were not so easy ta get it would never have happened in the first place, maybe maybe maybe, alas no one really knows, but I sure as hell can't memo the last time a guy shot 4 people dead in the UK, that wasn't linked to the IRA ie Organised crime.

Have you noticed, the IRA and criminals manage to get guns they use in their murders crimes. And your unarmed population is unable to do anything to defend itself. In the UK only criminals have guns.

emmett
11-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I am not a fan of pro-amnesty Huckabee anyway...He's just another McCain...One less RINO.

It is a good thing if this damages his presidential plans...Only a real conservative can save us.

CORRECTION:

Only a real LIBERTARIAN can save us!
We've tried all the other stuff.

pssst: Where do you see a REAL conservative again? I got news for you my friend, they are all liars.....EVERY single one of them.

Examples of the most "conservative" icons of today.

Gingrich: Married three times, adulterer, liar
Colter: over 40 and single, never married, oh please
HUckabee: Go back three posts, do not collect 200 dollars
McCain: (bzzzzzzt)
Palin: Quitter

Of course there is Ron Paul / Glenn Beck

Hey...there is a ticket... Paul / Beck 2012

Agnapostate
11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
There's nothing "libertarian" about unjust restrictions on freedom of movement. In fact, that seems decidedly authoritarian, particularly since the causes of immigration are largely U.S.-inspired.

gabosaurus
11-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Since this thread has gotten totally off-topic (as usual), let's return to the real issue. The officers shot in cold blood. Possibly by an ex-con with a weapon.
One of the slain officers was a Tea Party activist, by the way. You can read his profile, as well as the others.

-Cp
11-30-2009, 02:01 PM
More on this story - community reaction:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/78095462.html?tab=video

-Cp
11-30-2009, 02:10 PM
More on Huckabee's large number of clemencies:

<object height="288" width="470"><param name="movie" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" value="http://www.king5.com/v/?i=78106967" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="AllowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.king5.com/v/?i=78106967" AllowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" height="288" wmode="transparent" width="470"></embed></object>

HogTrash
11-30-2009, 02:11 PM
CORRECTION:

Only a real LIBERTARIAN can save us!
We've tried all the other stuff.

pssst: Where do you see a REAL conservative again? I got news for you my friend, they are all liars.....EVERY single one of them.

Examples of the most "conservative" icons of today.

Gingrich: Married three times, adulterer, liar
Colter: over 40 and single, never married, oh please
HUckabee: Go back three posts, do not collect 200 dollars
McCain: (bzzzzzzt)
Palin: Quitter

Of course there is Ron Paul / Glenn Beck

Hey...there is a ticket... Paul / Beck 2012A real conservative is a libertarian lite, for example Ron Paul...Pro small constitutional government.

There hasn't been a real conservative in office for a very long time, not even prez Reagan.

If the Republican Party would practice conservatism, I would call myself a republican and support them.

I have one major problem with the Libertarian Party...Their open borders policy is a great concept but not for these times.

I like Paul and Beck but I also have great admiration and respect for Sarah Palin.

Anybody so feared and hated by the liberals and their lap-dog press and media has got to be doing something right.

I can't believe you bought into the liberal media lies regarding Palin...She is very intelligent and definately not a quitter.

Like Sarah's father said, "she's not a quitter, she's reloading"!...Palin's a woman with a plan and I can't wait to find out what it is!

Ron Paul is getting up there in years and I don't know how much longer he will be politically viable but I would vote for him if he was a hundred.

I like Ann Coulter for many of the same reasons as Palin but she's not as gifted a speaker although she does have a set of balls.

Newt Gingrich, like most of the GOP, is a republican first and a conservative last...I have no respect for the man.

Huchabee has destroyed his credibility by going along with the crowd regarding illegal immigration and amnesty.

The dumbest president ever to hold office is definately Obama...

Besides his birth certificate he has also gone to great extremes to keep his school records and IQ from public view.

I would say it's pretty damn obvious what that's all about my friend...Someday the TRUTH will come out and people will be shocked.

I would estimate Obama's IQ at maybe a hundred tops...Definately no einstein but no doubt a master bullshitter.

-Cp
11-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Here's the "official statement" from Huckabee's website:

"The senseless and savage execution of police officers in Washington State has saddened the nation, and early reports indicate that a person of interest is a repeat offender who once lived in Arkansas and was wanted on outstanding warrants here and Washington State. The murder of any individual is profound tragedy, but the murder of a police officer is the worst of all murders in that it is an assault on every citizen and the laws we live within.

Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington State. He was recommended for and received a commutation of his original sentence from 1990, making him parole eligible and was paroled by the parole board once they determined he met the conditions at that time. He was arrested later for parole violation and taken back to prison to serve his full term, but prosecutors dropped the charges that would have held him. It appears that he has continued to have a string of criminal and psychotic behavior but was not kept incarcerated by either state. This is a horrible and tragic event and if found and convicted the offender should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Our thoughts and prayers are and should be with the families of those honorable, brave, and heroic police officers."

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?fa=News.View&News_id=a9c58e43-9675-4da0-9567-674110678ef8&Label_id=&Year=&Month=

-Cp
11-30-2009, 02:17 PM
A real conservative is a libertarian lite, for example Ron Paul...Pro small constitutional government.

There hasn't been a real conservative in office for a very long time, not even prez Reagan.

If the Republican Party would practice conservatism, I would call myself a republican and support them.

I have one major problem with the Libertarian Party...Their open borders policy is a great concept but not for these times.

I like Paul and Beck but I also have great admiration and respect for Sarah Palin.

Anybody so feared and hated by the liberals and their lap-dog press and media has got to be doing something right.

I can't believe you bought into the liberal media lies regarding Palin...She is very intelligent and definately not a quitter.

Like Sarah's father said, "she's not a quitter, she's reloading"!...Palin's a woman with a plan and I can't wait to find out what it is!

Ron Paul is getting up there in years and I don't know how much longer he will be politically viable but I would vote for him if he was a hundred.

I like Ann Coulter for many of the same reasons as Palin but she's not as gifted a speaker although she does have a set of balls.

Newt Gingrich, like most of the GOP, is a republican first and a conservative last...I have no respect for the man.

Huchabee has destroyed his credibility by going along with the crowd regarding illegal immigration and amnesty.

The dumbest president ever to hold office is definately Obama...

Besides his birth certificate he has also gone to great extremes to keep his school records and IQ from public view.

I would say it's pretty damn obvious what that's all about my friend...Someday the TRUTH will come out and people will be shocked.

I would estimate Obama's IQ at maybe a hundred tops...Definately no einstein but no doubt a master bullshitter.

That's because both parties work for the same global elite... Ron Paul was basically "cock-blocked" as he didn't walk the party line....

MtnBiker
11-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Not good for Huckabee:

An absolute tragedy that 4 officers were killed.

Perhaps and hopefully this will keep Huckabee focused on his tv show and away from the 2012 primary.

Kathianne
11-30-2009, 05:18 PM
An absolute tragedy that 4 officers were killed.

Perhaps and hopefully this will keep Huckabee focused on his tv show and away from the 2012 primary.

Agree. He put some lame answer on his blog about it being the 'fault' of both Arkansas and Washington State. :rolleyes:

-Cp
12-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Here's Mike's side of the story..

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1jfMFSfuC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1jfMFSfuC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

-Cp
12-01-2009, 03:22 PM
They got the bastard!!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/78211742.html

-Cp
12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
<object height="288" width="470"><param name="movie" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" value="http://www.king5.com/v/?i=78210277" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="AllowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.king5.com/v/?i=78210277" AllowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" height="288" wmode="transparent" width="470"></embed></object>

gabosaurus
12-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Huckabee is screwed. Letting the same guy walk twice? Against the advice of others. He might as well go into hiding.

Mr. P
12-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Huckabee is screwed. Letting the same guy walk twice? Against the advice of others. He might as well go into hiding.

I think many folks need to step back and view the facts. Huckabee DIDN'T let this guy go twice..not even ONCE. Check "PAROLE BOARD" on the first and messed up paper work on the second. Neither were the Governors decision.