PDA

View Full Version : I've fallen in love

Noir
11-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Its been a long time coming but its finally here, gone now is my old laptop, though it served me well, for i got my iMac today, have been playing with it for about an hour now and am loving it =D

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/photo-11.jpg?t=1259593502

Jeff
11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Lots of Luck with it Noir !!

jimnyc
11-30-2009, 11:45 AM
The only thing I like about the iMac is that it's extremely easy to create boot partitions and use it as a PC. :)

Noir
11-30-2009, 11:54 AM
The only thing I like about the iMac is that it's extremely easy to create boot partitions and use it as a PC. :)

Ack sush yer baps :p

and yeah Macs are better PCs than PCs lol,

jimnyc
11-30-2009, 12:09 PM

I admit to having a secret desire for an iMac. I would only accept it as a gift though, as I could never use my own money on a Mac product. But I would find the dual boot useful as I could use the PC portion as I do now, and I can learn more about supporting Macs this way if I learn that OS and add it to my resume. I've not submitted hundreds of resumes over the years because a prerequisite for positions was knowledge of Macs. Personally, I say let the Mac users suffer and don't help them, but if it gets me a paycheck I may have no alternative!

PostmodernProphet
11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
MACs are great....I hear there are even some people writing software you can use on them now.......

Noir
11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
MACs are great....I hear there are even some people writing software you can use on them now.......

Yes Sir, like Window Vista, which runs faster on a Mac :laugh2:

Kathianne
11-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Its been a long time coming but its finally here, gone now is my old laptop, though it served me well, for i got my iMac today, have been playing with it for about an hour now and am loving it =D

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/photo-11.jpg?t=1259593502

Told ya so!

Noir
11-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Told ya so!

You did?..i can't memo what you told me lol

-Cp
11-30-2009, 02:23 PM

That's a really ignorant thing to say - the ONLY difference between a Mac and a PC is the operating system. Both are using "PC" hardware these days...

If you want to talk purely on a hardware application, then the PC platform is clearly superior. There are folks like my buddy who have build a "hackintosh (http://www.hackintosh.com/)" which uses a special USB device that allows the MACOS to be installed on hardware that's unavailable in any MAC from Apple... It runs faster than anything Apple produces.

If you want to talk OS - then Windows7 by most accounts is a better OS than MACOS - that said, it's hard to give full credit to Apple as MACOS is really a fancy shell on top of a linux kernel.

-Cp
11-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh.. and is that REALLY the size of the keyboard? LMAO! If so, it must be made for the hands of midgets... wow that thing is tiny!

chloe
11-30-2009, 02:44 PM
congrats on your new love noir.....she's a real beauty

Noir
11-30-2009, 03:17 PM
That's a really ignorant thing to say - the ONLY difference between a Mac and a PC is the operating system. Both are using "PC" hardware these days...

If you want to talk purely on a hardware application, then the PC platform is clearly superior. There are folks like my buddy who have build a "hackintosh (http://www.hackintosh.com/)" which uses a special USB device that allows the MACOS to be installed on hardware that's unavailable in any MAC from Apple... It runs faster than anything Apple produces.

If you want to talk OS - then Windows7 by most accounts is a better OS than MACOS - that said, it's hard to give full credit to Apple as MACOS is really a fancy shell on top of a linux kernel.

Dude i was joking, I even had a smilie and a 'lol'...seriously man chill the bap,

Noir
11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh.. and is that REALLY the size of the keyboard? LMAO! If so, it must be made for the hands of midgets... wow that thing is tiny!

Indeedy, at first when i saw it i was like whaaaat lol, but when i started typing it was all going smoothly, so as a test i set the keyboard ontop of my old laptop keyboard, and its almost exactly the same size, i think it just looks really small compared to what we are use to a desktop keyboard being,

darin
11-30-2009, 03:22 PM
that explains a lot, Mr. Astley.

:cheers2:

PostmodernProphet
12-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Yes Sir, like Window Vista, which runs faster on a Mac :laugh2:

isn't that sort of like saying "celibate women can get herpes too"..........maybe they can, but why would they want to......