PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Speaker...

Noir
11-30-2009, 03:46 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eMdlcnK_MI4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eMdlcnK_MI4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seriously, =/

MtnBiker
11-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Awesome!

Too bad Botox Pelosi wasn't at the chair, she would have gone apeshit!

Noir
11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Awesome?
Even if it wasn't pretty rude, as it is, i can think of little as childish as the actions of these grown men and women, who showed contempt for the chair,

MtnBiker
11-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Don't be so naive to think that this doesn't happen often on both sides of the isle.

Noir
11-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Don't be so naive to think that this doesn't happen often on both sides of the isle.

I'm sure it does, because no one in the house seems that shocked by it, as i was when watching it, like seriously i have heard americans say that the British parliament is a circus ect, but that right there takes the meat and tatters

MtnBiker
11-30-2009, 04:22 PM
From what I have seen, the UK Parliment does it with a little more style and humor.

Noir
11-30-2009, 04:34 PM
From what I have seen, the UK Parliment does it with a little more style and humor.

And without being rude, more to the point, and if a member dared defy the speaker or talk to them in that manor they would be ejected from the house.

Kathianne
11-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Noir, you must remember, we were the ones that did the hit and run first. ;) Ah yes, a little war with the Mother Country. We've always been a tad rude and quite upfront about it.

Noir
11-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Noir, you must remember, we were the ones that did the hit and run first. ;) Ah yes, a little war with the Mother Country. We've always been a tad rude and quite upfront about it.

What is the 'it' you refer to? I'm talking about being rude to fellow Americans and the chair of the speaker.

Kathianne
11-30-2009, 05:16 PM
What is the 'it' you refer to? I'm talking about being rude to fellow Americans and the chair of the speaker.

Politics is a blood sport, always has been. We 'long' for the days of politeness, but truth is they were never there. Must say though, in general society, not political, it used to be consider gauche to speak with discord on such.

Gaffer
12-01-2009, 10:53 AM
A typical day in the senate. Noir do you think it's rude to close the senate before a debate is finished and lock the doors so the opponents can't get in to continue a debate? Shut off the lights?

Nukeman
12-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Awesome?
Even if it wasn't pretty rude, as it is, i can think of little as childish as the actions of these grown men and women, who showed contempt for the chair,

I would ask you, did you see everything leading up to this outburst on the right?? Were you there for the ENTIRE episode or just this 5 minute little clip?????????

there are HOURS of discussion on this topic and the republicans have been BLOCKED repeatedly by the dems and you have the nerve to say they are being rude because they are trying TO BE HEARD which has not been aforded to them at this time.

Tell me what is more rude the refusal to be heard and push through the legislature or attempting to hold onto what is important on these issues, and that is being heard and being allowed to READ the bill and UNDERSTAND the bill....??????

NightTrain
12-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Politics is a blood sport, always has been. We 'long' for the days of politeness, but truth is they were never there.

Very true, Kathi. There used to be outright brawls during heated debates, things are much more tame these days.

From Wiki :

James Searle, a close friend of John Adams, and a delegate, began a cane fight on the floor of Congress against Thomson over a claim that he was misquoted in the "Minutes" that resulted in both men being slashed in the face. Such brawls on the floor were not uncommon, and many of them were promoted by argument over Thomson's recordings. Political disagreements prevented Thomson from getting a position in the new government created by the United States Constitution. Thomson resigned as secretary of Congress in July 1789 and handed over the Great Seal, bringing an end to the Continental Congress. He spent his final years working on a translation of the Bible.

namvet
12-01-2009, 07:57 PM
outstanding. don't forget

LIAR !!!!

BoogyMan
12-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Awesome?

Considering the FACT that the chair is WORTHY of contempt, I fail to see where you have a point.

PostmodernProphet
12-02-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm talking about being rude to fellow Americans and the chair of the speaker.
??....you have a problem with rude?......so the right has rude representative and the left has ignorant representatives.....I prefer rude......