PDA

View Full Version : Would You Pay $1200 To Shake Al Gore's Hand?

red states rule
12-01-2009, 11:39 PM
I am sure many fools will be parted from their money from the Grand Poobah of enviro wackos and scam artists

ALAPALOOZA

"Meet Al Gore in Copenhagen." The official announcement from this fair Danish city says it all. The former vice president is getting star treatment when he arrives with an entire swarm of green-minded gadflies for the United Nations' global warming extravaganza, which begins on Dec. 7.

"Have you ever shaken hands with an American vice president? If not, now is your chance. Meet Al Gore in Copenhagen during the UN Climate Change Conference," notes the Danish tourism commission, which is helping Mr. Gore promote "Our Choice," his newest book about global warming in all its alarming modalities.

"Tickets are available in different price ranges for the event. If you want it all, you can purchase a VIP ticket, where you get a chance to shake hands with Al Gore, get a copy of Our Choice and have your picture taken with him. The VIP event costs DKK 5,999 and includes drinks and a light snack."

Wait, what? How much is that in American dollars? The currency conversion says it all, too: 5,999 Danish kroners is equivalent to $1,209.

"If you do not want to spend that much money, but still want to hear Al Gore speak about his latest book about climate challenges, you can purchase general tickets, ranging in price from DKK 199-1,499 depending on where in the room you want to sit," the practical Danes advise. "There will be large screens, so that everyone will get a good view."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/dec/01/inside-the-beltway-41029681/

crin63
12-02-2009, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't urinate on the sidewalk to shake Al Gores hand!

Psychoblues
12-02-2009, 03:03 AM
I would gladly urinate on your head if truth were the reward, cr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you want to be so hateful, fearful and angry?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

:beer::cheers2::beer:

:laugh2:

Jeff
12-02-2009, 06:48 AM

Psychoblues

Not sure but maybe cause Al Gore has made Millions off the American people on a pack of lies and Bull Shit, :poke:

Al Gore has been a liar since he was VP

red states rule
12-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Not sure but maybe cause Al Gore has made Millions off the American people on a pack of lies and Bull Shit, :poke:

and now "stimulus" money is being sent to Al Gore owned companies to combat global warming

Al has a better racket going then the Mafia

Al Gore has had a busy week. First, the former vice president’s renewable energy investments received some serious backing from the taxpayer as $3.4 billion stimulus package would be allocated for smart grid investment. $560 million went to Silver Spring Networks, a company Gore’s venture capitalist firm invested in, that makes hardware and software to improve efficiency in the nation’s electricity grid. That’s not the only way Gore is profiting from the global warming debate. On November 3rd he published his new book, Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis, which details the need for more wind, solar and biofuels, improved energy efficiency and the use of offsets and trees to reduce CO2 in the atmosphere – among other things.

Gore stresses that the cost of doing nothing is much higher than any dire economic projections that would result from capping greenhouse gas emissions, or as Gore likes to call it, “global warming pollution.” To gain support, Gore paints pictures of rising sea levels that will swallow up islands and devastate the global economy. But this “opportunity cost” of doing nothing must be discounted by the actual effect the “doing something” will have. Doing something like cap-and-trade, does not mitigate climate change entirely, if at all, and therefore the (negative) opportunity foregone (i.e., the expected climate change) is not the full benefit.
We have to look at how much climate change Waxman-Markey is expected to mitigate. As Heritage analyst David Kreutzer says, “We need to look at the cost of these proposals in light of what difference these proposals make. None of the proposals will entirely eliminate predicted climate change regardless of the assumptions, models, computers or theories used.”

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/11/06/our-choice-or-al-gore%E2%80%99s-choice/

Insein
12-02-2009, 09:31 AM

No, no. He's been a liar well before that.

12-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Id gladly accept $1200 to shake Al Gore's hand. I mean that kind of money would help me out and all id have to do is wash my hands alot afterwards making sure to leave the water run a bit

red states rule
12-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I wonder how many private jets will be flying into Hopenhagen for this "save Mother Earth" conference?

You know damn well Al will have his - as he always does

crin63
12-02-2009, 10:17 AM

Psychoblues

Well Dave, I won't have to worry much about that since you wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and bit you. :poke:

Good to see you back, I think!!!

BoogyMan
12-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I might think about paying that much if I could poke the moron in the eye with my free hand. AlGore is the biggest huckster in modern history and should be treated as such.

Binky
12-03-2009, 03:24 PM

Oddly enough, I was thinkin' on lines like that myself, except I thought more like I wouldn't give him the directions on how to wipe his ass if my life depended on it...:laugh2:

Binky
12-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Damn, ddl damn....and to think he's a big liar just tryin' to keep his boring name out in the limelight.....and make those dollars roll in from the sheeple....

Binky
12-03-2009, 03:31 PM
I wonder how many private jets will be flying into Hopenhagen for this "save Mother Earth" conference?

You know damn well Al will have his - as he always does

Yeah, and all the while bitching about "our big huge carbon footprint." And speiling his global warming crapola until it's hanging off his lips like yesterdays drool....................................:laugh2:

hjmick
12-03-2009, 04:56 PM
No, I wouldn't. And neither will anyone else. The "event" has been canceled.

Missileman
12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
I'd pay $1250 to punch him in the face!

Nukeman
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
I'd pay $1200.00 dollars if I had a good flu going and just sneezed in my hands and than shook his. Hopefully a full blown case of H1N1 :cool::coffee:

PostmodernProphet
12-04-2009, 08:04 AM
and now he's skipping town without shaking hands.....