PDA

View Full Version : MA Fire Department Ordered to Remove Merry Christmas Sign

red states rule
12-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Once again, the lefts never ending war on Christmas scores another victim

Massachusetts FD Ordered to Remove Merry Christmas Sign

NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. - An annual "Merry Christmas" sign on a North Andover fire station has been ordered removed.

Town officials told firefighters last week to take down the homemade sign after they said people complained.

Fire Chief William Martineau said Monday that the sign was made by firefighters about 50 years ago and never had been an issue before.

The order comes a week after selectmen voted to allow a menorah display on the town common for only one day instead of all eight days of Hanukkah. They said a new town common policy only allows displays to stay up for one day, no matter what they are.

Town Manager Mark Rees said the town's public buildings should not be displaying things specific to a particular religion.

http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/massachusetts-fd-ordered-to?page=11&commentId=889755:Comment:4404918&x=1#889755Comment4404918

HogTrash
12-03-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't think there is anything the left could do that would shock me any longer.

They appear to be against anything and everything decent, moral and American.

The political ideology of the left should be banned and exiled from American soil.

Insein
12-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Whatever happened to freedom of expression for religion? It is not separation of church and state thats the issue here. This is religious oppression. When a person is not able to freely express their religious beliefs for fear of persecution by the government, that is what the Constitution is supposed to protect against. Instead people are perverting the Constitution into attacking those with religious beliefs.

It just keeps getting worse and worse when anyone can interpret the constitution to mean what they want and the only recourse we have is to sue and eventually hope that the SCOTUS takes the case in the next 5 to 10 years.

chloe
12-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Whatever happened to freedom of expression for religion? It is not separation of church and state thats the issue here. This is religious oppression. When a person is not able to freely express their religious beliefs for fear of persecution by the government, that is what the Constitution is supposed to protect against. Instead people are perverting the Constitution into attacking those with religious beliefs.

It just keeps getting worse and worse when anyone can interpret the constitution to mean what they want and the only recourse we have is to sue and eventually hope that the SCOTUS takes the case in the next 5 to 10 years.

That's true, the usa is not europe or any other country, we are supposed to be different and the whole premise of freedom of religion, freedom to think, believe and practice your religion, those rights were protections that set our country apart from other countries. Religions are under attack in this country by liberals, atheists and communist agendas, whether your religious or not it should be noted.

"First They Came for the Jews"
By Pastor Niemoller

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

http://www.rkdn.org/u-r-next.asp

red states rule
12-03-2009, 10:23 AM
That's true, the usa is not europe or any other country, we are supposed to be different and the whole premise of freedom of religion, freedom to think, believe and practice your religion, those rights were protections that set our country apart from other countries. Religions are under attack in this country by liberals, atheists and communist agendas, whether your religious or not it should be noted.

By Pastor Niemoller

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

but according to libs - there is no war on Christmas.

Sure

Right

chloe
12-03-2009, 10:25 AM
but according to libs - there is no war on Christmas.

Sure

Right

there is a war on ALL religion, not just limited to christmas.

red states rule
12-03-2009, 10:34 AM

Any examples of other religions Chloe?

I see more attacks against Christmas and it is used as an excuse to go after Christians

Easter is also starting to be attacked by the left

PostmodernProphet
12-03-2009, 10:49 AM

By Pastor Niemoller

I wonder, did anyone ever come for Niemoller?.......

cat slave
12-03-2009, 10:52 AM

Im not seeing any war on Islam! We are in America and we the people are
being beaten down one issue at a time and when are we going to find our
spines and say "weve had enough"?

And dont group me in with the religious right, Im not religious, but I know
wrong when I see it. And when it comes down to it Ill side with the right
and to hell with the political correctness and diversity.

This country was founded by people seeking religious freedom (I do realize
that they wanted to keep others from practicing theirs, but thats another
issue). Our country and constitution is based on principles of Christianity
and while I dont embrace organized religion, history is history and I have
a bit of a problem with people who come here and intend to change it to
theirs.

Dont like it....leave!

cat slave
12-03-2009, 10:54 AM

I see more attacks against Christmas and it is used as an excuse to go after Christians

Thats the truth! The left secularists are attacking anything that they do not
agree with and that is most everything we have stood for.

Hell, I may just go out and join a church....again. I hadnt felt the need to do
so since I was very young but Im rethinking the whole thing now.

chloe
12-03-2009, 01:21 PM

I am not an Atheist Red, but it is a great question, that I keep asking and evaluating the answer to. The Atheists say they are against ALL religion, yet they don't protest all religions, only the conservative ones, that go against Liberal beliefs. I have found some atheists that are just in general against religion, but most of them are primarily against Christians, I have still found no evidence that shows otherwise. So Atheists aren't really against religion, they are just against christians. Thanks for making that point, I think you are right.

chloe
12-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Thats the truth! The left secularists are attacking anything that they do not
agree with and that is most everything we have stood for.

Hell, I may just go out and join a church....again. I hadnt felt the need to do
so since I was very young but Im rethinking the whole thing now.

This illustrates one of monotheism's worst features. By rejecting the god/goddess relationship, it has moved away from traditional spirituality. This male dominated religious viewpoint does not sit well with our spirituality instinct. That's why so many Christians tend to get hung up on the Virgin Mary and explains why the Egyptian goddess Isis has become a cult figure. It is an attempt to return to our spiritual roots.

Let's look at things from the standpoint of ethics. Religion is primarily based on fear and obedience, so it is no surprise that any ethic derived from religion will contain many "Thou shalt nots" and precious little positive advice on how to live your life.

For example, religion has been trying to stamp out sex for a very long time, with a singular lack of success. It has met its match here, for the sex drive is a much older and stronger instinct. What it can do though is cause large scale guilt among the faithful. This makes possible that most common of all religious journeys, the guilt trip.

Lack of self esteem is another leading cause of human misery, fostered and abetted by church attitudes regarding humility as a virtue and pride as a sin. Contrast this with Aristotle's doctrine of the golden mean, which places a proper sense of self worth as the virtue midway between the two sins of vanity and humility.

A religious mind is an emotional mind which tends to make decisions with an emotional bias, rather than using logic. It can't be any other way, because religion demands the suspension of our credibility, thus weakening logical thought processes. This means using the older more primitive part of the brain instead of the newer one, the neocortex.

http://www.atheists-guide.com/site/1447331/page/660701

Jeff
12-03-2009, 08:41 PM

Guess I am a bit biased here but it is Christmas that I hear about all the time, such as Walmart having no problem taking out money for presents but the employee's must not say Merry Christmas, it has to be happy Holidays

Or the lack of a prayer at school, no 10 commandments in public places

chloe
12-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Guess I am a bit biased here but it is Christmas that I hear about all the time, such as Walmart having no problem taking out money for presents but the employee's must not say Merry Christmas, it has to be happy Holidays

Or the lack of a prayer at school, no 10 commandments in public places

I think I already answered it to redstatesrule but would be happy to paste and copy for you wink....he he

chloe Quote:
Originally Posted by red states rule

I am not an Atheist Red, but it is a great question, that I keep asking and evaluating the answer to. The Atheists say they are against ALL religion, yet they don't protest all religions, only the conservative ones, that go against Liberal beliefs. I have found some atheists that are just in general against religion, but most of them are primarily against Christians, I have still found no evidence that shows otherwise. So Atheists aren't really against religion, they are just against christians. Thanks for making that point, I think you are right.

Jeff
12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I think I already answered it to redstatesrule but would be happy to paste and copy for you wink....he he

chloe Quote:
Originally Posted by red states rule

Yes I read that, LOL, I am so tired not real sure what I am reading, but wanted to put my 2 cents in, ooo well I like to see ya type anyway lol

red states rule
12-04-2009, 07:05 AM

Did not mean to imply you were an atheist Chloe. I am saying it is the "in" thing these days to bash Christians

Libs are always making their snide comments about them - yet say nothing about other religions

Look at the way libs can't say anything bad about..... Islam.

I have yet to see a Christian gunning down people while screaming "Jesus saves". You can bet the left would be all over that story if it were to happen

Yet total silence from those tolerant lefties. What you do get from them - as with FT Hood - is the usual excuses and buck passing talking points

Insein
12-04-2009, 09:14 AM

Protest the peaceful religions that won't fight back against persecution. If they attack other more prominent religions, we see what might happen to them. They are like a bully picking on a pacifist kid. They would never pick on the kid who might fight back.