PDA

View Full Version : Black Activists Call Senate Slavery Apology "Useless"

chloe
12-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Black Activists Call Senate Slavery Apology "Useless"; Say It Will Empower the Call for Reparations

Project 21 Members Say Lawmakers Should "Move On"

Washington, D.C. - The U.S. Senate resolution apologizing for slavery and segregation will be used as a lobbying tool to acquire reparations payments, say members of the black leadership network Project 21. The group urges the Senate to "move on," saying the apology will do little to heal perceived racial gaps.

On June 18, senators unanimously passed a resolution apologizing for slavery and segregation in the United States. While the resolution was written with the intention that it could not be used to support claims for monetary reparations, reparations activists Randall Robinson told the Washington Post the legislation constitutes a "confession" that will aid the process of acquiring reparations. Harvard professor Charles Ogletree said the resolution should not be a substitute for reparations, saying "That battle will be prolonged."

Project 21 members voicing skepticism about the politics behind the resolution and the need for it:

Jerry Brooks (Auburn, WA): "I'll accept the Senate's apology, but let's move on already. This apology is something that might have been more appropriate long ago, and now it's likely going to be misused by those with a political axe to grind. In particular and despite its intention to the contrary, it is already being used to promote reparations. Not only is this an idea without merit, but an extremely foolish one to be clinging to while our nation is trying to recover from its current economic distress."

Brooks continued, "I also take offense to the ignorant partisan attacks involved in this debate. In trying to infer Republicans are responsible for slavery is downright silly considering that the party came about as part of the movement to abolish slavery."

Jimmie L. Hollis (Millville, NJ): "As an American of African ancestry, I think this apology is ridiculous and useless. It is just another 'feel good' action. If we are to start apologizing for every injustice and wrong done in the past, we will spend the next few decades just apologizing. Let's move on."

Bob Parks (Athol, MA): "Why the need to do this now? Are we attempting to keep the First Lady proud of her country?"

http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-Reparations_062209.html

HogTrash
12-04-2009, 01:31 PM
DebatePolicy has a very wise poster nickname cat slave...

In case anybody may have overlooked it, this is Cat's Signature.

What are reparations? Making me pay
for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
something I didnt do and someone else would receive a settlement
for an injury they did not suffer.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1648
Pure and absolute common sense in it's most simplistic form.

If all people were as wise as Cat, we wouldn't be in this mess.

chloe
12-04-2009, 01:33 PM

I like cat too, no comment on what the black conservative wrote in this article about it hmm?

HogTrash
12-04-2009, 05:47 PM
I have not only admitted, but pointed out many times myself that there are exceptions to every rule.

What political correctness and hollywood have succeeded in doing is convincing us that the exception is the rule.

It is not only the ignorant uneducated ghetto negroes that are guilty of the racist hatred and blame towards the whites.

Well educated middle class as well as Ivy League black elitist are just as racist if not more so towards the white race.

Very good examples are Michelle Obama and Professor Henry Louis Gates of Harvard who was arrested and immediately shouted racism.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/21/us/21gates.html?_r=1
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/thesis.asp
The First Lady and Gates are two prominent black American elites who are proven hard-core, white hating racist yet have advanced far in life.

Kamau Kambon is a professor who taught at North Carolina State University...He wants to "exterminate the white race".

Activist and bookstore owner Dr. Kamau Kambon, who taught Africana Studies 241 in the Spring 2005 semester at North Carolina State University spoke live on cspan.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61OoR-qEqs

Racist are the minority in the white race, but the majority in the black race.

chloe
12-04-2009, 08:49 PM
I have not only admitted, but pointed out many times myself that there are exceptions to every rule.

What political correctness and hollywood have succeeded in doing is convincing us that the exception is the rule.

It is not only the ignorant uneducated ghetto negroes that are guilty of the racist hatred and blame towards the whites.

Well educated middle class as well as Ivy League black elitist are just as racist if not more so towards the white race.

Very good examples are Michelle Obama and Professor Henry Louis Gates of Harvard who was arrested and immediately shouted racism.
The First Lady and Gates are two prominent black American elites who are proven hard-core, white hating racist yet have advanced far in life.

Kamau Kambon is a professor who taught at North Carolina State University...He wants to "exterminate the white race".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61OoR-qEqs

:laugh2:...that could be you....:cool:

Gaffer
12-05-2009, 08:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61OoR-qEqs

hmmm a black racist with blond dreadlocks. Wonder how many white girlfriends he has?

HogTrash
12-05-2009, 11:14 AM
:laugh2:...that could be you....:cool:Now-Now Chloe...I'm sure you're capable of a much better rebutt than the standard politicaly correct programmed response we expect from liberals.

HogTrash
12-05-2009, 11:20 AM
hmmm a black racist with blond dreadlocks. Wonder how many white girlfriends he has?LOL!...I'm sure he had his share, after all he was a university professor with a campus full of gullible little white liberal coeds anxious to prove their black solidarity. :blsmile:

cat slave
12-05-2009, 11:44 PM

Well, thank you for the compliment!!!!! No one can argue with my definition
of reparations.....well, guess some libruls will argue with anything to avoid
the truth.

chloe
12-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Now-Now Chloe...I'm sure you're capable of a much better rebutt than the standard politicaly correct programmed response we expect from liberals.

the original post is addressing the issue by a black conservative not a standard liberal who agrees with your views about it, you responded with a paranoid black liberal racist, which really had nothing to do with the article I posted did it? somehow you make things into whatever you want to and disregard a topic that happens to in essence agree with you. What repsone do you want when you derail?

HogTrash
12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
the original post is addressing the issue by a black conservative not a standard liberal who agrees with your views about it, you responded with a paranoid black liberal racist, which really had nothing to do with the article I posted did it? somehow you make things into whatever you want to and disregard a topic that happens to in essence agree with you. What repsone do you want when you derail?I'm not quite sure I understand why you believe my response doesn't correlate to your thread?

All relevant angles pertaining to a subject should be considered pertinent to the discussion.

Were you possibly trying to spark a discussion about the opinion of the conservative black man?

If so, I am in agreement with what I read of his opinion...He appears to be a very wise man.

chloe
12-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm not quite sure I understand why you believe my response doesn't correlate to your thread?

All relevant angles pertaining to a subject should be considered pertinent to the discussion.

Were you possibly trying to spark a discussion about the opinion of the conservative black man?

If so, I am in agreement with what I read of his opinion...He appears to be a very wise man.

Yes I was trying to spark a discussion about conversative black men

glockmail
12-06-2009, 09:25 PM

Brooks continued, "I also take offense to the ignorant partisan attacks involved in this debate. In trying to infer Republicans are responsible for slavery is downright silly considering that the party came about as part of the movement to abolish slavery."....

It's the Democrat Party that owes an apology, not the Senate.

emmett
12-06-2009, 11:45 PM
There are a few exceptions of conservative black men. Steele, Elder, Hamlin, Thomas, Keyes to name a few. These are fine guys with good perspectives and high morals. Too bad the rest of the race doesn't listen to them. (99%)

cat slave
12-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Kevin Jackson, author of The Big Black Lie is awesome.

Conservatives of any color are not real loved by the black community because
they support the idea of personal responsibility, self reliance and if the Dems
had their way they would still be at the back of the bus. Enter those who
would prostitute the civil right movement for personal gain. The black community
needs to do some reading and learn how they got where they are and who
supported what legislation.

HogTrash
12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Kevin Jackson, author of The Big Black Lie is awesome.

Conservatives of any color are not real loved by the black community because
they support the idea of personal responsibility, self reliance and if the Dems
had their way they would still be at the back of the bus. Enter those who
would prostitute the civil right movement for personal gain. The black community
needs to do some reading and learn how they got where they are and who
supported what legislation. Mr Jackson and myself have both decided that the truth is more important than popularity and I can relate to the hatred he recieves from his own people.

My messeges bring hatred from the blacks that hate him, and also from the white people who have been denied the truth because of political correctness.

I saw on C-Span a meeting in Atlanta of black conservatives and was amazed at the rational sensible people who attended and spoke at the event.

It is proof that blacks [I]are capable of intelligent reasoning and sparks the question, "Do they all have this capability and don't use it or only the few who do"?