PDA

View Full Version : Ethno-Religious ???

chloe
12-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Does ethno religious mean, that someone is attaching you to a race or religion because of ancestry?

HogTrash
12-04-2009, 03:57 PM
eth·nic (thnk)
adj.
a. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a sizable group of people sharing a common and distinctive racial, national, religious, linguistic, or cultural heritage.

b. Being a member of a particular ethnic group, especially belonging to a national group by heritage or culture but residing outside its national boundaries: ethnic Hungarians living in northern Serbia.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ethnic

chloe
12-04-2009, 04:00 PM
how can a non religious person be a part of the if jewish is just a religion ?

glockmail
12-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Jewish is a religion as well as a race.

chloe
12-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Jewish is a religion as well as a race.

that makes no sense at all.

PostmodernProphet
12-05-2009, 07:45 AM
that makes no sense at all.

Hitler thought it made sense......but I agree with you instead....it's like saying Italians must be Catholic......

glockmail
12-06-2009, 06:03 PM
that makes no sense at all.Jews are a race just like Germans are a race. They don't have to follow Judaism, and folks of other races can choose to follow Judaism.

chloe
12-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Jews are a race just like Germans are a race. They don't have to follow Judaism, and folks of other races can choose to follow Judaism.

Here's what my research said, LOL

Being Jewish is not a race
Being Jewish is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry or biological distinction. People of many different races have become Jewish people over the years.

Being Jewish is not a nationality

Being Jewish is not a nationality because Jews have been dispersed throughout the world for almost two thousand years. People of many different nationalities are Jewish.

Being Jewish is like being a citizen of a religious movement

Being Jewish means you are a part of a religious movement. However, the great majority of Jews become a part of the religious movement through birth and not due to their beliefs or actions. In this way, being Jewish is like being a citizen of a religious movement.

http://judaism.about.com/od/abcsofjudaism/a/beingjewish.htm

glockmail
12-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Here's what my research said, LOL

Being Jewish is not a race
Being Jewish is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry or biological distinction. People of many different races have become Jewish people over the years.

Being Jewish is not a nationality

Being Jewish is not a nationality because Jews have been dispersed throughout the world for almost two thousand years. People of many different nationalities are Jewish.

Being Jewish is like being a citizen of a religious movement

Being Jewish means you are a part of a religious movement. However, the great majority of Jews become a part of the religious movement through birth and not due to their beliefs or actions. In this way, being Jewish is like being a citizen of a religious movement.

http://judaism.about.com/od/abcsofjudaism/a/beingjewish.htm

That argument falls apart since you could say the same thing about Germans, or Japanese. *shrug*

chloe
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
That argument falls apart since you could say the same thing about Germans, or Japanese. *shrug*

well i guess since you can say whatever you want then, it doesn't exist to me:cool:

PostmodernProphet
12-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Jews are a race just like Germans are a race. They don't have to follow Judaism, and folks of other races can choose to follow Judaism.

really....which of these are Jews?....

http://joi.org/blog/uploads/3312.thumbnail.jpg

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object/272/107/n2205164688_21534.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/ziu1w5.jpg

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/yosef.jpg

http://www.wjff.pl/galeria/2005/filmy/20.jpg

http://images.publicradio.org/content/2008/04/18/20080418_jew0_27.jpg

PostmodernProphet
12-07-2009, 07:40 AM
if "Jew" is a race, answer me this....since the Muslim's stem from Abraham's other son, does that mean Muslim's are also part of the "Jewish" race?.......

chloe
12-07-2009, 08:19 AM
if "Jew" is a race, answer me this....since the Muslim's stem from Abraham's other son, does that mean Muslim's are also part of the "Jewish" race?.......

:laugh2:

glockmail
12-07-2009, 10:07 AM
really....which of these are Jews?....

... Evidently they all are; that doesn't conflict with what I said at all...

glockmail
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
if "Jew" is a race, answer me this....since the Muslim's stem from Abraham's other son, does that mean Muslim's are also part of the "Jewish" race?....... I believe they split into separate races in Noah's time.

chloe
12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
I believe they split into separate races in Noah's time.

have mercy on me glock please.....:rolleyes:

glockmail
12-07-2009, 10:25 AM
This is how the argument was presented to me by Regner A. Capener.

Proof of: "The modern-day Palestinians, Jordanians, Iraqis and Iranians are descendants of these seven nations."

I spent several years doing research on the history, the makeup, and the characteristics of the seven nations that occupied ancient Canaan. The reason for my study was a unique parallel that I stumbled across one day in reading the seven letters to the seven "Ekklesias" (not churches) in Revelation 2 & 3. Being an amateur Hebrew and Greek scholar -- at least a student of those languages -- I was interested in the makeup of the seven nations, and why God had pronounced such judgment on them. I began gathering every single piece of material I could -- from historical sources, the Library of Congress, archaeological references, etc. -- that dealt with the history, the economy, the military, and the spiritual emphasis within each of the seven. I can't even begin to get into all of it here because it is so lengthy, but let me give you a quick synopsis.

Each of the seven nations were descended from Canaan, the firstborn son of Ham (who was the son of Noah). Because of Ham's sin against his father ( a homosexual act) while his father was in a drunken state, Noah pronounced a curse upon Ham's generations. Following the great flood, because all of the people born into the world were of Noah's family, they pretty much tended to stay within the same region -- the Mesopotamian delta. When Nimrod rebelled against God and attempted to build his "tower reaching unto heaven" (the Tower of Babel), and God divided the people by dividing their languages, everyone began to spread abroad. Canaan's descendants took up occupancy throughout the eastern Mediterranean region, occupying the lands that presently make up present-day Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, parts of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt and Libya. The spread of those descendants is clearly documented through archaeological finds and historical references.

When God delivered the children of Israel from Egypt under Moses' leadership, he instructed Moses and Joshua to "utterly destroy" every trace of seven of those descendant nations: the Hittites, Hivites, Jebusites, Perizzites, Amorites, Girgashites, and Canaanites. We know that the Hittite nation was the fiercest of the seven, occupying what is now much of Turkey and Iraq, and extending into Iran. The Hivites occupied what we have come to know as Syria and Lebanon and parts of Jordan. The Amorites occupied what was once called the land of the Philistines -- the Gaza strip, and portions of the Sinai peninsula. We could go on, but you get the picture.

Instead of wiping out these nations, Joshua began his conquest of Canaan by compromising with the Girgashites, allowing them to live in their midst as slaves rather than wiping them out. Let's not forget, either, that the lands promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob included all of present-day Israel, much of the Sinai, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and a good portion of Jordan (and of course, all of the present-day Gaza strip). The Girgashite national characteristic is the principal characteristic we have come to identify with the Arabs, whose name in the Semitic language means "ambusher" (or "one who lies in wait"). NONE of those seven nations were eradicated by Israel. Throughout the centuries, until the Roman occupation and eventual --almost complete -- dispersion of the Jews throughout the world, the descendants of those nations continued to occupy those territories, marrying into each other, as well as the Jews, and eventually becoming the amalgam they presently are.

There are two major works by two 19th century historians that catalog the much of what I have just shared. The first is a six-volume work by Sir Henry Wilkinson titled, The Egyptians. It is out of print, but you mind find a copy of it in a library or a used book store (if you are incredibly fortunate). The second work is, The Two Babylons. I'm sorry that I've forgotten the name of the husband-wife team that wrote it, but I will find my copy and email their names to you. There is another major historical work in 12 volumes by another husband-wife team that I will get you the name of. It has been out of print for perhaps 20 or 30 years, but you should be able to find a copy in almost any decent library.

PostmodernProphet
12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I believe they split into separate races in Noah's time.

you suspect Abraham's children split into two separate "races" in Noah's time?.....

glockmail
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
you suspect Abraham's children split into two separate "races" in Noah's time?..... Abraham was 9 or ten generations after Noah. And yes, Noah's male children developed into different races.

PostmodernProphet
12-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Noah's male children developed into different races.
did the females assist?.......

PostmodernProphet
12-07-2009, 05:15 PM
interesting, there appears to be little agreement on how many 'races' there are.....a google search bring up a lot of claims there are one....the "human race".....several hits for three (Caucasian, Negro and Asian)......some say five 1) Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian)
2) Caucasoid (European)
3) Australoid (Australian and oceanic)
4) Negroid (east African black)
5) Capoid (south African black)

the US Census bureau lists six choices
White, Black, Asian, Native American, Hawaiin, and "Some other"......

nobody mentions Jews.....

glockmail
12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
did the females assist?....... I'm sure that they did.

glockmail
12-07-2009, 07:55 PM
interesting, there appears to be little agreement on how many 'races' there are.....a google search bring up a lot of claims there are one....the "human race".....several hits for three (Caucasian, Negro and Asian)......some say five 1) Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian)
2) Caucasoid (European)

I've long taken exception to the government's method of delineating race, aside from the obvious that they should have no business in it whatsoever. Ethic Germans consider themselves as a separate race, as do Norwegians, as do Irish, as do Scots, as do Polish....

Gaffer
12-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Abraham was 9 or ten generations after Noah. And yes, Noah's male children developed into different races.

Does this mean they evolved?

HogTrash
12-07-2009, 08:15 PM
did the females assist?.......Ohhh, you bet they did...In fact those big beautiful eyes and round soft curves were the motivating factor.

chloe
12-07-2009, 08:28 PM
2) Caucasoid (European)

exactly, this is why it puzzles me. See when I do genealogy my ancestors might be swedish, german or hunagarian, austrian, but some guy insisted my ancestors were jewish, based soley on the last names. I'm like well jewish is a relgion, so how would you know? Then he say oh those are jewish last names, so then I research and try to ask my own family questions, then my mom says yeah that her grandma might have been jewish she's not sure. I'm like how can you not know>? But the jewish ancestry registry has their own records with the last names of my ancestors, still that only means they were that religion back then, my grandma married a baptist, and so the rest is history, Im not jewish because Im not that religion. But I do have swede german and irish ethnicity.
s

glockmail
12-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Does this mean they evolved? I think the theory is that the DNA was denser back then. I don't know.

chloe
12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
This is how the argument was presented to me by Regner A. Capener.

interesting

HogTrash
12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Going back a little further, I heard an interesting theory that suggests the human species may have evolved from an aquatic or sea ape that lived in and by the sea and survived mostly on resources from the oceans and coastal areas.

The webbed feet for swimming instead of tree climbing and nostrils on the bottom of the nose so they could move through the water without drowning were mentioned as possible traits that may have been necessary for such an ape.

The theorists also pointed out that water birthing seems more natural for humans and believed all traces of these apes could of been lost in the oceans and could be the reason for the missing link in the family tree of the human race.

Isn't it odd that babies are natural born swimmers before they can walk, talk or even crawl?

PostmodernProphet
12-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Ethic Germans consider themselves as a separate race, as do Norwegians, as do Irish, as do Scots, as do Polish....

lol......you obviously don't have a clue what "race" means..... none of those people consider themselves separate races......

glockmail
12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
lol......you obviously don't have a clue what "race" means..... none of those people consider themselves separate races......
None of them? :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
None of them? :laugh2:

yes....none of them.....unless there are a handful that like you, don't know what the word "race" means.....

glockmail
12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
yes....none of them.....unless there are a handful that like you, don't know what the word "race" means.....

a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock;
a class or kind of people unified by shared interests, habits, or characteristicsm-w.com

PostmodernProphet
12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
m-w.com

you are a member of the race of "lame"....

1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

5. Biology
a. An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.

any of the different varieties or populations of human beings distinguished by a) physical traits such as hair, eyes, skin color, body shape, etc.: traditionally, the three primary divisions are Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid, although many subdivisions of these are also called racesb) blood types c) genetic code patterns d) all their inherited characteristics which are unique to their isolated breeding population

PostmodernProphet
12-08-2009, 01:51 PM
here's an interesting note from the Medical Dictionary

Race: An ethnic stock or division of humans. Naturalists and ethnographers have long divided humans into a variable number of distinct races. However, DNA and other genetic studies have revealed that that most genetic variation, about 94%, is within so-called racial groups while these racial groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes. This means that there is greater genetic variation within racial groups than between them. The concept of race is a superficial and subjective one. All of humankind is a single species.

HogTrash
12-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Ignore political correctness for a few minutes and revert to common sense.

Without European influence, the indigenous inhabitants of Sub-Saharan Africa would still be living in mud-grass huts, as many still do.

Their average IQ is 85 and are unmotivated and have been unable to create or uninterested in technological advancies in any area.

Without what the rest of the world has gave or shown to them they would be where the rest of humanity was 10,000 years ago.

The negro race is unquestionably the most brutal, savage and aggressive race of humans on the planet, and still are to this very day.

Before you start citing the experts claims concerning the genetic similarities of the different races, you should keep one thing in mind.

Chimpanzees and humans also share 95% of the same genetic makeup but although simular we have major physical and mental differences.

African-Americans have benefitted from genetic diversity and as a result have advanced their IQ's above that of their african ancesters.

They are now intelligent enough to know all these things and for this reason they harbor hatred and envy for other races, especially whites.

Our racial differences run much deeper than skin color, hair texture or facial features...Our psyche makes us incompatible on a social level.

glockmail
12-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Ignore political correctness for a few minutes and revert to common sense.

Without European influence, the indigenous inhabitants of Sub-Saharan Africa would still be living in mud-grass huts, as many still do.

Their average IQ is 85 and are unmotivated and have been unable to create or uninterested in technological advancies in any area.

Without what the rest of the world has gave or shown to them they would be where the rest of humanity was 10,000 years ago.

The negro race is unquestionably the most brutal, savage and aggressive race of humans on the planet, and still are to this very day.

Before you start citing the experts claims concerning the genetic similarities of the different races, you should keep one thing in mind.

Chimpanzees and humans also share 95% of the same genetic makeup but although simular we have major physical and mental differences.

African-Americans have benefitted from genetic diversity and as a result have advanced their IQ's above that of their african ancesters.

They are now intelligent enough to know all these things and for this reason they harbor hatred and envy for other races, especially whites.

Our racial differences run much deeper than skin color, hair texture or facial features...Our psyche makes us incompatible on a social level.

I think you are making a mistake with the racial issue. It's a question of culture, not race. This is easy to prove by taking a black child out of that culture and into a better one and watching him thrive.

chloe
12-10-2009, 09:16 AM
you are a member of the race of "lame"....

:laugh2: