PDA

View Full Version : Temporary new look

jimnyc
12-05-2009, 07:48 PM
I am about to put up a TEMPORARY new "style" for the board, intended just for this holiday season. Our own little way of celebrating Christmas amongst friends in the community.

Since no feedback went into this change, I will follow feedback very quickly. Putting a vote up whether to keep it until Jan 1st or not...

Joyful HoneyBee
12-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Very festive and creative. I vote to keep it.

emmett
12-05-2009, 08:15 PM
yup

BoogyMan
12-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Looks nice and very festive. :)

jimnyc
12-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm glad the feedback is positive thus far.

Also, keep in mind, you might find some differences in functionality. "Hacks" as they are called, or slight additions to the board, might only be applied to a particular "style". If there's a MUST HAVE missing, I can likely install for this style, otherwise a few weeks without something isn't so bad.

Almost forgot... If the majority choose to use this for the remainder of December, and you truly refuse to use it - scroll down to the lower left of the board (all the way at the bottom), use the style chooser and choose "DP Custom" and that will revert you back to the default style.

BoogyMan
12-05-2009, 08:44 PM
It is really pretty cool that you give the membership some input into the decision.

jimnyc
12-05-2009, 08:55 PM
It is really pretty cool that you give the membership some input into the decision.

If it wasn't for the community as a whole, and it was just me, this would be a blog instead of a forum. It would also likely suck badly if it were just me! And so long as the community itself is what keeps this place going, it's only fair that those who use the board the most get a chance to form what they see when they come here. If it were solely up to me, and I was greedy and wanted the place to have MY feel, it would be graphically fitted with Steelers colors and pictures, and of course many, many boobies. :)

Missileman
12-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Very nostalgic...reminds me of the cards we used to exchange in school in the 60's.

Trinity
12-05-2009, 09:42 PM
I like it but where is the link to click on new posts???? All I see is new notifications.

PostmodernProphet
12-05-2009, 10:24 PM
I think I've been 'yuled'.......

jimnyc
12-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I like it but where is the link to click on new posts???? All I see is new notifications.

Shows up for me - on the top navigation bar, between the calendar and search options.

chloe
12-05-2009, 11:08 PM
um I'm gonna have to ask you to remove the offensive greetings and symbols...he he he, yes i'm kidden, I love it !!! Merry Christmas !

12-05-2009, 11:25 PM
I like it. It's a nice surprise.

Noir
12-06-2009, 03:08 AM
I do like it, but I can't manages without the '12 new posts' bit at the top right, so I'll be going old style,

Gaffer
12-06-2009, 08:45 AM
A bit of a surprise. I thought I got redirected or something at first. I like it. Gives Jim time to play with the board and tweak things

Jeff
12-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Shows up for me - on the top navigation bar, between the calendar and search options.

Answered my question also, lol,

Looks Great ; May All have a wonderful Holiday season

jimnyc
12-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I do like it, but I can't manages without the '12 new posts' bit at the top right, so I'll be going old style,

I miss that too! That was the exact reason that I made my post explaining that a few options may be missing. I tried adding it but the code doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

In the mean time, if you prefer a different skin, and don't want it reverting back to forum default every time you log back in:

1- Go to User CP
2- Under "settings and options" - choose "edit options"
3- The very last option on that page is for "forum skin"
4- Use forum default will bring up whatever I have it set to in the admin control panel. You can choose "DP Custom", save changes, and you will revert back to the regular skin.

I will update when I revert back via Admin panel so that anyone who made changes, can change again accordingly.

darin
12-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Excellent, Jim! :)

Trigg
12-06-2009, 12:33 PM
I like the christmas look. But I do miss "my posts".

Is that somewhere and I'm missing it?

I don't always remember what thread's I posted last, and the "my posts" helps me keep up with conversations.

red states rule
12-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I love the new look Jim.

Merry Christmas to all!

Abbey Marie
12-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Love it, Jim! :beer: :clap:

CSM
12-07-2009, 07:17 AM
looks good to me! Merry Christmas (to all you Christians), Happy Hanukah (to all you Jews), Merry Ramadan (all you Muslims) and a happy/merry whatever it is (for you of other faiths). A great big "meh" to all you agnostics too!

HogTrash
12-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I love it :clap: and being offensive to the Christian hating liberals is icing on the Christmas Cake. :thumb:

Well done Jim! :beer:

HogTrash
12-07-2009, 06:00 PM
My old buddy Taz wanted me to post a messege somewhere/anywhere on the internet to inform all the ladies that "there will be a mistletoe hanging from my over-size HD belt buckle throughout the hollidays".

He said there should be an emphasis on "oversize"...He made me swear so there ya go old bro...Sometimes friendship can be such a complicated thing...Especially when you have some really off the hook friends.

Binky
12-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Looks very nice and all Christmasy.....

Kathianne
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Looks very nice and all Christmasy.....

yep.

Abbey Marie
12-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Jim, I wish I could decorate my home as quickly and nicely as you decorate the board. :beer:

jimnyc
12-19-2009, 04:02 PM
My sincerest apologies to everyone, but I had no alternative but to remove the temporary Christmas "theme" I had set up. If anyone tried to register while using that theme they would have received an error message after agreeing to the TOS. I was unaware of this issue, but it prevented any new members from joining for the past 2 weeks.

I'm confident we can still make this a great atmosphere for the holidays and new year, even without a few different colors and images on the board!

Jeff
12-19-2009, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=jimnyc;397911]My sincerest apologies to everyone, but I had no alternative but to remove the temporary Christmas "theme" I had set up. If anyone tried to register while using that theme they would have received an error message after agreeing to the TOS. I was unaware of this issue, but it prevented any new members from joining for the past 2 weeks.

I'm confident we can still make this a great atmosphere for the holidays and new year, even without a few different colors and images on the board![/QUOTE

WOW thought Christmas was over , LOL

chloe
12-19-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm not buying it....I think the atheists got to his pocket book or something.....is there any new names listed on the donors list???:eek:

(yes I'm joking)

Jeff
12-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm not buying it....I think the atheists got to his pocket book or something.....is there any new names listed on the donors list???:eek:

(yes I'm joking)

LOL

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chloe again.