PDA

View Full Version : Christmas trees banned for climate summit

red states rule
12-07-2009, 09:56 AM
I guess a Christmas tree would offend European libs and Muslims - so out it goes

Climategate: how the Copenhagen Grinches stole Christmas

First they try to steal $45 trillion of our hard-earned cash in the name of “combatting climate change”. Now they steal our holidays too: the organisers of the Copenhagen Summit – COP 15 to use its snappy official name – have banned Christmas. (hat tip: EW)

Here’s Copenhagen Post Online:
Participants in the COP15 climate summit should not be subject to Christmas symbols such as fir trees, says the foreign ministry

Although the COP15 climate conference is set to take place during the Christmas season, the Foreign Ministry believes the holiday and all its symbols should be kept well clear of the summit.

That point was bluntly illustrated when a sponsorship providing numerous Nordmann fir trees for the conference was rejected by the ministry, according to public broadcaster DR.

The trees – the most common species used as Christmas trees in Denmark – were intended to be placed as decorations for the entrance of Bella Center, where the conference is taking place.

But Christmas is a religious holiday that has no place at a United Nations function, according to the Foreign Ministry’s Svend Olling, who is the head of practical planning for the climate summit.

‘We have to remember that this is a UN conference and, as the centre then becomes UN territory, there can be no Christmas trees in the decor, because the UN wishes to maintain neutrality,’ said Olling.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100019018/climategate-how-the-copenhagen-grinches-stole-christmas/

HogTrash
12-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Is anyone surprised?...After all, this is a mass-gathering of hard core anti-Christian progressives from all over the world.

red states rule
12-08-2009, 12:16 AM
On second thought I have to agree. A Christmas tree has no place at a UN summit

It would be an insult to the Christmas tree

Binky
12-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Is anyone surprised?...After all, this is a mass-gathering of hard core anti-Christian progressives from all over the world.

I'm not surprised Hog... Nothing much surprises me anymore. It's becoming an anti christian world. War has been waged on christianity.....

red states rule
12-08-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm not surprised Hog... Nothing much surprises me anymore. It's becoming an anti christian world. War has been waged on christianity.....

Christmas trees won't be at the conference, but gus guzzling limos, and prvate jets will be

Binky
12-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Christmas trees won't be at the conference, but gus guzzling limos, and prvate jets will be

yep, sad but true.....The money they save on trees, will be amply devoured in their modes of transportation.....many times over.....

PostmodernProphet
12-10-2009, 08:15 AM
all other issues aside, why would you bring a cut down tree to an environmental impact conference?.......

red states rule
12-10-2009, 09:32 AM
http://cagle.com/working/091204/corrigan.jpg

sgtdmski
12-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Actually I believe that the banning of Christmas Trees at the event has nothing at all to do with Christmas. Consider the fact that as part of climate change they want us all to believe that CO2 is a dangerous pollutant that is a hazard to the environment and people, God forbid that anywhere within these halls is a tree. A tree that uses CO2 to grow and in return produces Oxygen as a pollutant.

That is right folks, they need to keep all trees away from any event that has to do with climate change, so that we the people will not see what so many scientist know but hide from us, that CO2 is neccessary if we want to keep those things which are green and in the plant world growing.

dmk