PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Endorses ‘Global’ Tax on Stocks For Another Stimulus Bill

red states rule
12-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Since the first $1 trillion stimulus bill did such a great job "creating" jobs - Speaker Pelosi want another one

To "pay" for it, she is demanding a $150 billion Global Tax on stocks and financial transactions

Liberal economics at its "best"

Pelosi Endorses ‘Global’ Tax on Stocks, Bonds, and other Financial Transactions

CNSNews.com) – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) endorsed the idea of a “global” tax on stock trades and other financial transactions, saying the estimated $150 billion in annual revenue from such a tax could be used to help fund more stimulus spending.

At her weekly press briefing on Thursday, Pelosi said the financial transactions tax (HR4191) currently before Congress would have to be made “global” to keep U.S. investors from taking their business overseas and out of taxable reach.

The House speaker said that a transaction tax could be imposed in conjunction with congressional efforts to divert funds from the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), with funds from both going to fund a second stimulus spending package. (The first stimulus bill, $789-billion, was signed into law by President Barack Obama on Feb. 13, 2009.)

“I believe that the transaction tax still has a great deal of merit,” Pelosi told reporters. “The concern that many of us or others have had is that it will send, it will send transactions overseas

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/58099

cat slave
12-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Is it time to retrieve what money we have, cash it into coins and hide it in
the cat litter???????????????

I mean it. Like hell am I going to pay some global tax. The stinking bitch!

red states rule
12-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Is it time to retrieve what money we have, cash it into coins and hide it in
the cat litter???????????????

I mean it. Like hell am I going to pay some global tax. The stinking bitch!

Look Cat slave you have to get with the program

You have to accept the cold hard facts of reality, higher taxes are needed.

If you and the rest of America are going to be greedy and meanspirited - our creditors are going to cut us off

We have no choice after the years of reckless spending of Pres Bush to increase the reckless spending and buy our way out of the worst economy since the Great Depression

Think of every spending bill as an increase in taxes and life will be much easier.

There liberal talking points are over

namvet
12-08-2009, 11:52 AM
well she turned her own state into a dust bowl. why not the world ????

darin
12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Is it wrong to hate her due to her seriously immoral, oppressive beliefs? I wonder if the Israelites were right to hate their Egyption captors.

red states rule
12-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Like a puppy that keeps pissing on the carpet, someone needs to keep hitting Pelosi with a rolled up newspaper until she stops spending other peoples money

cat slave
12-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Is it wrong to hate her due to her seriously immoral, oppressive beliefs? I wonder if the Israelites were right to hate their Egyption captors.

For the first time in my life I am experiencing true HATE!