PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3...

Insein
12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Its been out for about a year now but its so damn good. Basically its Washington DC about 150-200 years after the nuclear bombs fell. Humans didn't all die. Some lived inside vaults sealed underground. Others survived in various shelters and sewers. Over the many years after the fallout, super mutants, ghouls (humans with a skin disease from the fallout) and other creatures have tried to eak out a living in the Capital wasteland. Its probably the closest thing to a real Mad Max scenario than I have ever seen but its so much more in depth with the character. You can allow you character to be a savior of humanity or the bane of its existence by your choices. There is no set path. Everything decision you make has a karma impact. You can lie, cheat and steal your way through or you can be virtuous and work for the little guy. There's also the hybrid of somewhere in between based on the literal thousands of choices you make. Theres so much area to explore, a working day night cycle and an awesome storyline.

All in all its one of the best games Ive ever played.

Here's a good review of what kind of story it presents.
http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117938860.html?categoryid=1079&cs=1

http://savetherobot.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/fallout-3-2.jpg?w=600&h=338

Monkeybone
12-08-2009, 09:39 PM
ah yes... the fallout games. I love them. I love them long time. I geek out for Fallout Insein.

Insein
12-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Ive been addicted since I started. Ive been playing for 3 weeks and I already have 62 hours played. I havent touched any other game in that time including COD MW2 and Team Fortress 2 (I play pretty much non stop till now).

Monkeybone
12-09-2009, 12:40 PM
you're talking to a guy with a Fallout tattoo

so I take it that you have all the DLC?

if you wanna play the earlier ones, they have them at Wally World.

HogTrash
12-09-2009, 01:15 PM
You can allow you character to be a savior of humanity or the bane of its existence by your choices. There is no set path.

I was just curious Insein?.....Which character did you happen to choose?

Insein
12-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Well so far Ive been a saint. I pretty much don't do anything bad except when I need something for the game. Its not all bad. The humans love you but the criminals put a contract out on you. Makes it fun killing mercs that are dumb enough to try to take on a one man walking army.

Being bad probably has its perks and drawbacks also. Right now I can goto to any town I want and people welcome me. I bet if I was evil, they'd probably turn me away or not be as willing to sell me stuff. Its just a nice attribute that most games either don't have or don't get right.

Insein
12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
you're talking to a guy with a Fallout tattoo

so I take it that you have all the DLC?

if you wanna play the earlier ones, they have them at Wally World.

Haven't got the DLC yet but I believe I will. I wish they didn't cap you at lvl 20 for the base game.

Monkeybone
12-09-2009, 03:07 PM
actually don't mind the lvl cap. Becasue when you add that on there are these Supermutant Overlords walking all over the place with beam rifles... it sucks.

dan
12-26-2009, 01:51 AM
I went through a big Fallout 3 phase a few months back. Unfortunately, I got Bioshock while I was in the middle of Fallout 3 and moved on to that, then once I finished Bioshock, I couldn't get myself back into Fallout, so I never finished the game. I was pretty much entirely on the evil path from the get-go (rather than just set off the nuke in Megaton, I robbed every house there first and killed a bunch of townsfolk.... then I nuked the rest). When you're that evil, a lot of people either run away from you or try to kill you before you can even communicate with them, just because they know your reputation. On the plus side, the bad guys you run into will generally show you some respect. So, just like being good, it's got its positives and negatives. Someday, I'll get back into it.