PDA

View Full Version : Dems Drop "Public Option"?

red states rule
12-09-2009, 09:39 AM
So Dems may drop the public option? The bill is still a crap bill

I am more worried about the massive tax increases, the 113 new government panels and agencies, and the jail time for those who refuse Obamacare

Democrats Reach Deal to Drop Government-Run Insurance Plan

WASHINGTON -- After days of secret talks, Senate Democrats tentatively agreed Tuesday night to drop a full-blown government-run insurance option from sweeping health care legislation, several officials said, a concession to party moderates whose votes are critical to passage of President Barack Obama's top domestic priority.

In its place, officials said Democrats had tentatively settled on a private insurance arrangement to be supervised by the federal agency that oversees the system through which lawmakers purchase coverage, with the possibility of greater government involvement if needed to ensure consumers of sufficient choices in coverage.

Additionally, the emerging agreement calls for Medicare to be opened to uninsured Americans beginning at age 55, a significant expansion of the large government health care program that currently serves the 65-and-over population.

At a hastily called evening news conference in the Capitol, Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., declined to provide details of what he described as a "broad agreement" between liberals and moderates on an issue that has plagued Democrats' efforts to pass health care legislation from the outset.

With it, he added with a smile, the end is in sight for passage of the legislation that Congress has labored over for months.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/08/democratic-senators-agree-drop-government-run-insurance-option/

Insein
12-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Bait and switch. Throw out the most outrageous and ridiculous government takeover in US history for the Senate to approve and get the people all riled up, then switch to a less ridiculous government takeover and hope the people will still swallow it. Its just like hogtrash's signature.

HogTrash
12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Again? Yea right!

Along with benefits for illegals and abortion.

Trigg
12-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Again? Yea right!

Along with benefits for illegals and abortion.

I don't think the abortion benefits part will pass. I'd be shocked if it did.

Even most democrates are against funding someone elses abortion, even if they are pro-choice.

PostmodernProphet
12-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Additionally, the emerging agreement calls for Medicare to be opened to uninsured Americans beginning at age 55, a significant expansion of the large government health care program that currently serves the 65-and-over population.
I find this interesting......with my luck they will plan for it to kick in around 2016........just in time for my 65th birthday......

SassyLady
12-09-2009, 03:18 PM
I find this interesting......with my luck they will plan for it to kick in around 2016........just in time for my 65th birthday......

This was my first thought also..............wonder how many of the legislators will be 55 in 2016? You know they are not going to pass anything that doesn't somehow benefit most of them.

Insein
12-09-2009, 04:12 PM
This was my first thought also..............wonder how many of the legislators will be 55 in 2016? You know they are not going to pass anything that doesn't somehow benefit most of them.

They won't be on this plan anyway, so that won't even be considered. They have healthcare for life.

red states rule
12-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Medicare has about $33 TRILLION in unfuded liabilities which must be paid sometime

Dem's answer to the problem? Add MORE people to the program

Make more people dependent on the government program - then contiue to raise taxes to fund the bottomless pit

Missileman
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Medicare has about $33 TRILLION in unfuded liabilities which must be paid sometime

Dem's answer to the problem? Add MORE people to the program

Make more people dependent on the government program - then contiue to raise taxes to fund the bottomless pit

I thought they were cutting 500 billion from Medicare to pay for this mess.

cat slave
12-11-2009, 01:18 AM
I only hope this thing gets so bogged down it wont pass.

And just why is Medicare an entitlement???? Some of us have been paying
into it and still are for decades!!!!

red states rule
12-11-2009, 09:41 AM
I thought they were cutting 500 billion from Medicare to pay for this mess.

It is the basic principal of Obamacare

Everyone will have healthcare - and eveyone will have less healthcare

Everyone except members of Congress, and union members