PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus Jobs Cost Taxpayers $246,436 Each

red states rule
12-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Using the inflated "saved and created" job numbers from the Obama White House, the cost to the US taxpayer is $246,436 FOR EACH JOB

Cost-benefit analysis of jobs stimulus
Dec 7, 2009 12:23 EST

Hopefully any new plan will have a better ROI than the current stimulus package. Economic analyst Ed Yardeni runs the numbers:

The Obama Administration is touting that their stimulus program has saved or created 640,329 jobs since it was enacted back in February through the end of October. This number is updated and posted on the Administration’s recovery.gov web site. That amounts to $246,436 per job based on the $157.8bn that has been awarded so far! Total compensation earned by the average payroll employee during October, on an annualized basis, was $59,867. If the government had simply used the funds awarded so far to pay for a year’s worth of labor, that would have paid for 2.6mn jobs!

http://blogs.reuters.com/james-pethokoukis/2009/12/07/cost-benefit-analysis-of-jobs-stimulus/

Gaffer
12-09-2009, 11:00 AM
I just have to wonder about these created jobs. Exactly what jobs are they? Are they jobs with titles? Are they state, federal or local jobs? Are they private industry jobs? Are they college education jobs? High school diploma? Dropouts?

There are never any specifics, just numbers. I don't want to hear about numbers, I want who, what, when, where,why, and how.

CSM
12-09-2009, 11:19 AM
I just have to wonder about these created jobs. Exactly what jobs are they? Are they jobs with titles? Are they state, federal or local jobs? Are they private industry jobs? Are they college education jobs? High school diploma? Dropouts?

There are never any specifics, just numbers. I don't want to hear about numbers, I want who, what, when, where,why, and how.

Their "shovel ready"! Bring your own rubber boots though.