PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin - Political Candidate ???

HogTrash
12-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Would the powers that be consider adding Sarah Palin's name to the list of candidates on the "About Me" section of the "Profile" page?

I am aware she was not a presidential candidate but the ones on there now are no longer either and her popularity and support are growing.

I have no idea whether she will be a candidate but she has the hopes and expectations of alot of people and is definately a political powerhouse.

Gaffer
12-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I hope she does run. I'm not seeing anybody else I would consider at this time.

She is saying that she would think about running and that she has no plans to run at this time but (and its something I don't like) she's definitely looking at throwing her hat in the ring. I think she still has handlers telling her what to say and when. If she would dump the handlers and say what she thinks she would be unstoppable.

Noir
12-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I hope she does run, we need more fun injected back into american politics, its all become very drab after Bush, and even after early promise Biden isn't pulling as many gaffes as i'd hoped.

stephanie
12-09-2009, 12:19 PM
I hope she does run, we need more fun injected back into american politics, its all become very drab after Bush, and even after early promise Biden isn't pulling as many gaffes as i'd hoped.

who's this "we' you talking about? you got a mouse in your pocket.

Trigg
12-09-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't see her as a viable candidate.

The GOP would be crazy to run her, we'd completely loose the independents and quite a few republicans wouldn't even consider voting for her, including myself.

She has no experience. That was my bitch with bambam and he's proving that he's over his head. She'd be just as bad or worse.

stephanie
12-09-2009, 02:43 PM

The GOP would be crazy to run her, we'd completely loose the independents and quite a few republicans wouldn't even consider voting for her, including myself.

She has no experience. That was my bitch with bambam and he's proving that he's over his head. She'd be just as bad or worse.

sorry dear, she has waaaay more experience being a mayor fist, then a governor of a state than the little junior Senator from Chicago will ever claim to his resume..she even had more experience than John McCain did in those areas of running a city and then a state..
sorry to hear hear you feel this negative about her, but so be it.

SassyLady
12-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Trigg - I do not understand people who say she has no experience? How many of the past president's were former governors? How do you figure she has less experience than any of them?

I believe she has more experience fighting corruption than anyone else that has ever run for office and I think that should be one of the first priorities of the next president. This country is sick, it has an infection and as we all know, a body can't get up and run a very good marathon or participate in a fight if it's riddled with infection.

So, please, tell me what type of experience are you looking for in a candidate?

SassyLady
12-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Follow on to above post:

Thomas Jefferson: the first president to hold the position of governor, served as Virginia’s governor from 1779-1781
James Monroe: served as Governor of Virginia from 1799-1802, and again served for a brief period as the 16th Governor of Virginia from January through April in 1811.
John Tyler: another Governor of Virginia, serving from 1825-1827

Following governors from Virginia, other presidents were governors first from a variety of other states:

Martin Van Buren: Governor of New York in 1829
James Polk: Governor of Tennessee, serving from 1839-1841
Andrew Johnson: Governor of Tennessee from 1853-1857 and then appointed by Lincoln to serve as military governor of Tennessee from 1862-1864
Rutherford Hayes: Governor of Ohio from 1868-1872 and again from 1876-1877
Grover Cleveland: Governor of New York from 1883-1885
William McKinley: Governor of Ohio from 1892-1896

Numerous presidents were governors first in the 20th century. The list begins with Theodore Roosevelt, first Governor of New York from 1899-1901. Others on this list are:

Woodrow Wilson: Governor of New Jersey from 1911-1913
Calvin Coolidge: Governor of Massachusetts from 1919-1921
Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Governor of New York from 1929-1933
Ronald Reagan: Governor of California from 1967-1975
Jimmy Carter: Governor of Georgia from 1971-1975, and the first elected governor from the South post Civil War
Bill Clinton: Governor of Arkansas for two separate terms, from 1979-1981, and from 1983-1992
George W. Bush: Governor of Texas from 1995-2000

Trigg
12-09-2009, 04:06 PM
sorry dear, she has waaaay more experience being a mayor fist, then a governor of a state than the little junior Senator from Chicago will ever claim to his resume..she even had more experience than John McCain did in those areas of running a city and then a state..
sorry to hear hear you feel this negative about her, but so be it.

It's not that I don't' like her. I think she's good for the party, she's exciting and she brings energy to rallies. I think she's a genuinely good person and it shows when she's out and about.

I just don't think she has what it takes to be President. Maybe if she'd stayed with her job and finished her term I'd feel differently. But for me, she just doesn't have the experience/temperament needed.

stephanie
12-09-2009, 04:23 PM
I just don't think she has what it takes to be President. Maybe if she'd stayed with her job and finished her term I'd feel differently. But for me, she just doesn't have the experience/temperament needed.

we who lived in Alaska (or at least I and many others) understood her reasons for leaving as Governor..all that will have to be explained more clearly for the people who feel like you do about it if she did intend to run..
anyway you still have a couple of years to see and hear Palin and what her policies will be..give it that at least..:thumb:

SassyLady
12-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Gov. Sarah Palin was a target and unfortunately the people shooting at her were using the shotgun method..........firing in the general area. Alaska was collateral damage from these potshots. She choose to move the target so Alaska could continue to function. She has done exactly what she chose to do.........the firing squad is still tracking her, but Alaska is no longer collecting the buckshot.

I admire the fact that she chose to protect Alaska with the knowledge there would be people who cannot possible understand what sacrifice for the greater good really means and they would call her a quitter.

Her dad had it right when he said she wasn't quitting, she was reloading. She is now free to shoot back as a private individual without putting Alaska in the line of sight.

HogTrash
12-09-2009, 07:11 PM

She has no experience. That was my bitch with bambam and he's proving that he's over his head. She'd be just as bad or worse.You are not one of these gullible Obamanauts are you Trigg?...Please don't tell me that you bought into the left wing media's propaganda and smear campaign against Sarah Palin?

She is an intelligent woman and the liberal fear that drives this hatred should tell you that they perceive her as a threat meaning they don't even beleive what they say about her.

This is an extraordinary woman who is feared by not only the Democrat Party but the Republican Party as well...She is going to shake the political world up in the next three years.

Kathianne
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
You are not one of these gullible Obamanauts are you Trigg?...Please don't tell me that you bought into the left wing media's propaganda and smear campaign against Sarah Palin?

She is an intelligent woman and the liberal fear that drives this hatred should tell you that they perceive her as a threat meaning they don't even beleive what they say about her.

This is an extraordinary woman who is feared by not only the Democrat Party but the Republican Party as well...She is going to shake the political world up in the next three years.

I don't know about Trigg, but I'm not likely to vote for Palin either. She's too out of here for me. I want more cerebral, in reality, not the fake of an Obama. However, more than a measure of common sense. I'm not looking for an Annie Oakley, which is what Palin seems to be. A populist, with no great sell on the positives.

Trigg
12-09-2009, 07:30 PM
You are not one of these gullible Obamanauts are you Trigg?...Please don't tell me that you bought into the left wing media's propaganda and smear campaign against Sarah Palin?

She is an intelligent woman and the liberal fear that drives this hatred should tell you that they perceive her as a threat meaning they don't even believe what they say about her.

ahhh excuse me???? I think I've made it clear I can't stand bambam on more than one occasion.

I didn't say she wasn't intelligent, and I think she is probably a genuinely nice person.

Does she "shake things up" yes, she has a following that just adores her.

I simply feel she does not have the experience or political backing to have a successful run for President. For me personally she doesn't have enough substance or the right temperament to be President.

Maybe she'll prove me wrong. But so far, she isn't showing me what I would need to see to vote for her.

I want the GOP to run someone that I'm excited to vote for instead of going to the polls to vote against the other guy. I did that with McCain and I don't want to do it again.

SassyLady
12-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't know about Trigg, but I'm not likely to vote for Palin either. She's too out of here for me. I want more cerebral, in reality, not the fake of an Obama. However, more than a measure of common sense. I'm not looking for an Annie Oakley, which is what Palin seems to be. A populist, with no great sell on the positives.

Kathianne........can you tell me more about these characteristics you mentioned about Sarah Palin.

1. Too out of here.
2. More cerebral
3. Annie Oakley
4. Populist with no great sell on the positives

Because I really want to see this from your perspective without my own filters.

HogTrash
12-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't know about Trigg, but I'm not likely to vote for Palin either. She's too out of here for me. I want more cerebral, in reality, not the fake of an Obama. However, more than a measure of common sense. I'm not looking for an Annie Oakley, which is what Palin seems to be. A populist, with no great sell on the positives.You seem to forget that most of your conclusions concerning Palin are the result of the left wing press and media.

They did quite a job during their months of attacks on Palin and her family, yes even including her minor children.

Remember the rules concerning American Journalisn;

[1] - Whatever they tell you to do, do the opposite.

[2] - Whoever they tell you is good, is your enemy.

[3] - Whoever they tell you is bad, is your saviour.

If we don't start ignoring the liberal press and media, we are never going to straighten this mess out and things will get worse.

Sarah Palin is the absolute most feared and hated conservative on the planet by the liberals and their lap-dog press.

This fact alone should shape your opinion of her!

SassyLady
12-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I simply feel she does not have the experience or political backing to have a successful run for President. For me personally she doesn't have enough substance or the right temperament to be President.

You might be right about the political backing part, as of now anyway. However, she is currently demonstrating that she can create a tide of interest in the same way that Obama did a couple of years ago.

there was a lot of discussion about Obama after his speech at the 2004 convention...........and everyone said "Obama Who"..............and now he is the President.

Another question for you...........what type of temperment do you think a presidential candidate needs?

Kathianne
12-09-2009, 07:59 PM
You seem to forget that most of your conclusions concerning Palin are the result of the left wing press and media.

They did quite a job during their months of attacks on Palin and her family, yes even including her minor children.

Remember the rules concerning American Journalisn;

If we don't start ignoring the liberal press and media, we are never going to straighten this mess out and things will get worse.

Sarah Palin is the absolute most feared and hated conservative on the planet by the liberals and their lap-dog press.

This fact alone should shape your opinion of her!

Accepting your premise, convince me of her depth. I'm not seeing it.

SassyLady
12-09-2009, 08:10 PM
convince me of her depth. I'm not seeing it.

I think I might be able to see your point Kathianne if you could give me an example of someone with depth because that word means so many different things to so many different people.

One aspect of depth to me is "genuiness" which she has in abundance.

Or depth can be the opposite of shallow - are you saying she is shallow because you can't see her depth?

Kathianne
12-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I think I might be able to see your point Kathianne if you could give me an example of someone with depth because that word means so many different things to so many different people.

One aspect of depth to me is "genuiness" which she has in abundance.

Or depth can be the opposite of shallow - are you saying she is shallow because you can't see her depth?

I'm speaking of the meaning of what Soviets say, as well as what they do. I'm talking about a Putin at China Olympics, while troops enter Georgia.

I'm talking Iran building perhaps many more sites of nuclear enrichment or not. We don't know.

I'm speaking to Pakistan/India/Saudis/Iraqis knowing we mean what we say, today.

I'm referring to Israel know they do or do not have an ally. They don't know right now, you do know that, right?

HogTrash
12-09-2009, 08:28 PM
ahhh excuse me???? I think I've made it clear I can't stand bambam on more than one occasion.

I didn't say she wasn't intelligent, and I think she is probably a genuinely nice person.

Does she "shake things up" yes, she has a following that just adores her.

Maybe she'll prove me wrong. But so far, she isn't showing me what I would need to see to vote for her.

I know you are not an Obama supporter, I was simply trying to stress a point...What Palin lacks in experience, she makes up for in honesty, conviction and determination.

She has government management experience which is enough and can surround herself with advisors to cover every area of the government, nation and international affairs.

This is what all presidents do but most have lacked the qualities of intelligence, common sense, good judgement, honesty, conviction, honor and a sense of duty and patriotism.

The experience you are expecting can only come from another corrupt slick talking political Wasington DC insider which will insure 4 more years of what we have had for far too long.

I want the GOP to run someone that I'm excited to vote for instead of going to the polls to vote against the other guy. I did that with McCain and I don't want to do it again.Whether Palin runs on the republican ticket or not she is the one who fits this discription, it's just been so long you don't recognize it plus the insiders are in fear of her and telling you she's not.

Forget what the talking heads are telling you and think for yourself...I don't mean this in a rude way, but people have been listening to the wrong people with the wrong messeges for so long that it's taken a toll.

SassyLady
12-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm speaking of the meaning of what Soviets say, as well as what they do. I'm talking about a Putin at China Olympics, while troops enter Georgia.

I'm talking Iran building perhaps many more sites of nuclear enrichment or not. We don't know.

I'm speaking to Pakistan/India/Saudis/Iraqis knowing we mean what we say, today.

I'm referring to Israel know they do or do not have an ally. They don't know right now, you do know that, right?

Ok.......using these as foundation for your premise of depth, then none of our political figures have depth, right? You aren't just picking on Sarah.......you are saying that as of this point, there is no one with the depth needed......because I certainly haven't seen/heard anyone that has definitive answers on any of these. If you have someone in mind who has this level of depth, please let us know. I would love to start concentrating my focus on them.

I feel that each of these is an ever changing landscape and we need someone who is not so entrenched in their viewpoint that they can adapt and create a plan that is in the best interests of America. So, I'm open to hearing what any politician has to say about these things.

HogTrash
12-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Accepting your premise, convince me of her depth. I'm not seeing it.This is not normally something you can tell about someone except by knowing them on a personal level.

To determine this it helps to know where someone came from, where they are now and how they got there.

I do know two things;

Anybody who uses the mainstream media as a sounding line to measure a persons depth has very little themselves.
and
The most shallow people in the world are actors, but they can convince you they have the depth of the Marianas Trench.

Kathianne
12-09-2009, 09:49 PM
This is not normally something you can tell about someone except by knowing them on a personal level.

To determine this it helps to know where someone came from, where they are now and how they got there.

I do know two things;

Anybody who uses the mainstream media as a sounding line to measure a persons depth has very little themselves.
and
The most shallow people in the world are actors, but they can convince you they have the depth of the Marianas Trench.

Yet, I use way more of the non-MSM than it. I'm not shallow, but you can convince yourself of the inverse. I'd appreciate your reasoning.

Joyful HoneyBee
12-09-2009, 10:13 PM
This is what all presidents do but most have lacked the qualities of intelligence, common sense, good judgement, honesty, conviction, honor and a sense of duty and patriotism.

That's because we have not yet elected Ron Paul. He has enormous experience, the most solid common sense and good judgment, honest and conviction we could ever find. He has always conducted himself honorably, with a genuine sense of duty and he is a true patriot.

The experience you are expecting can only come from another corrupt slick talking political Wasington DC insider which will insure 4 more years of what we have had for far too long.

Ron Paul is not a slick talking politician. He is totally committed to doing what is best for society by doing away with big government, yet he hasn't been taken seriously. I cannot even fathom why not.

Whether Palin runs on the republican ticket or not she is the one who fits this discription, it's just been so long you don't recognize it plus the insiders are in fear of her and telling you she's not.

Palin is a bright woman, but I fear she is already too deep in the machine and too susceptible to succumbing to the 'good old boys club' in Washington. I believe this because she was so quick to conform for the party ticket last year.

Forget what the talking heads are telling you and think for yourself...I don't mean this in a rude way, but people have been listening to the wrong people with the wrong messeges for so long that it's taken a toll.[/QUOTE]

People HAVE indeed been listening to the wrong people and have turned a deaf ear to the best and brightest candidate who has ever run. I'll say this....if Palin ran on a ticket with Ron Paul....then she would get my vote. :thumb:

chloe
12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
No I won't vote for her, I want Ron Paul, but if he doesn't run, my next pick would be Mitt Romney,

Kathianne
12-09-2009, 11:03 PM
This is not normally something you can tell about someone except by knowing them on a personal level.

To determine this it helps to know where someone came from, where they are now and how they got there.Since by definition no one on the national scene may be known personally by most...

I do know two things;

Anybody who uses the mainstream media as a sounding line to measure a persons depth has very little themselves.Then they aren't a 'national candidate'. By definition they must allow themselves to be 'known' to all.
and
The most shallow people in the world are actors, but they can convince you they have the depth of the Marianas Trench.What are you talking about?

Kathianne
12-09-2009, 11:04 PM
No I won't vote for her, I want Ron Paul, but if he doesn't run, my next pick would be Mitt Romney,
While I respect you plenty, not so a racist 'libertarian' notice in quotes?

Binky
12-09-2009, 11:53 PM
I hope she does run. I'm not seeing anybody else I would consider at this time.

She is saying that she would think about running and that she has no plans to run at this time but (and its something I don't like) she's definitely looking at throwing her hat in the ring. I think she still has handlers telling her what to say and when. If she would dump the handlers and say what she thinks she would be unstoppable.

Are they allowed to "go it alone", so to speak......? She's certainly a breath of fresh air......

HogTrash
12-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Yet, I use way more of the non-MSM than it. I'm not shallow, but you can convince yourself of the inverse. I'd appreciate your reasoning.I never meant to imply that you are shallow Kat, I was simply pointing out that the majority of America's negative opinions of Palin are the direct result of the non-stop liberal MSM assault on her since she came on the national scene.

I do not know Sarah Palin personally so I must base my opinions of her on my experiences and observations of America's political history and the politician's promises, lies, failures and corruption and how she compares to these people.

Palin was a very popular governor of a very unique state meaning she has the experience necessary to govern and the approval of the majority of those she represented and possesses the attributes of morality, honesty and decency.

She is without a doubt a loving, loyal, wife and mother who came from a modest background and if any of these things were not true the leftwing MSM press who have hated, investigated and dug into her past would have found something.

But of all these things her greatest and most revealing quality is she is not one of the Washington DC insider elites who along with the liberal MSM, press and hollywood hate her passionately because she is a political threat to their power stucture.

She is not only a threat to the Democrat Party but the Republican Party as well...Palin has Gone Rogue and put the GOP on notice that she will travel the nation and support candidates who will rebuild the Party to it's original conservative principles.

The last thing these arrogant elitest snobs want is one of us moving into their neighborhood and up untill now they have used all of their unlimited resources to keep us out...Despite their best efforts and dirtiest deeds Sarah Palin keeps on coming.

She is smart, cool, tough, determined and armour plated...She dusts off whatever they throw at her and stands defiantly in their faces...They hate and fear her because more people are seeing the real them and the real her...She may be America's last hope.

abide by these rules and America will win...

Remember the rules concerning American Journalism;

SassyLady
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I never meant to imply that you are shallow Kat, I was simply pointing out that the majority of America's negative opinions of Palin are the direct result of the non-stop liberal MSM assault on her since she came on the national scene.

I do not know Sarah Palin personally so I must base my opinions of her on my experiences and observations of America's political history and the politician's promises, lies, failures and corruption and how she compares to these people.

Palin was a very popular governor of a very unique state meaning she has the experience necessary to govern and the approval of the majority of those she represented and possesses the attributes of morality, honesty and decency.

She is without a doubt a loving, loyal, wife and mother who came from a modest background and if any of these things were not true the leftwing MSM press who have hated, investigated and dug into her past would have found something.

But of all these things her greatest and most revealing quality is she is not one of the Washington DC insider elites who along with the liberal MSM, press and hollywood hate her passionately because she is a political threat to their power stucture.

She is not only a threat to the Democrat Party but the Republican Party as well...Palin has Gone Rogue and put the GOP on notice that she will travel the nation and support candidates who will rebuild the Party to it's original conservative principles.

The last thing these arrogant elitest snobs want is one of us moving into their neighborhood and up untill now they have used all of their unlimited resources to keep us out...Despite their best efforts and dirtiest deeds Sarah Palin keeps on coming.

She is smart, cool, tough, determined and armour plated...She dusts off whatever they throw at her and stands defiantly in their faces...They hate and fear her because more people are seeing the real them and the real her...She may be America's last hope.

:clap::clap::clap:

HogTrash
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
That's because we have not yet elected Ron Paul. He has enormous experience, the most solid common sense and good judgment, honest and conviction we could ever find. He has always conducted himself honorably, with a genuine sense of duty and he is a true patriot.

Ron Paul is not a slick talking politician. He is totally committed to doing what is best for society by doing away with big government, yet he hasn't been taken seriously. I cannot even fathom why not.

Palin is a bright woman, but I fear she is already too deep in the machine and too susceptible to succumbing to the 'good old boys club' in Washington. I believe this because she was so quick to conform for the party ticket last year.

I am the number one fan of Dr Ron Paul...He is the most honest and sensible man to ever serve in American politics.

He has served well over 30 years in Washington DC without being corrupted and remaining true to his principles.

I would vote for him anytime-anyplace but he is getting old and I fear he may not be up to another bid for the POTUS.

cat slave
12-11-2009, 01:20 AM
I love Sarah, but I think she is more effective doing just what she is doing...
stirring things up and making people think.

Kathianne
12-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Ok.......using these as foundation for your premise of depth, then none of our political figures have depth, right? You aren't just picking on Sarah.......you are saying that as of this point, there is no one with the depth needed......because I certainly haven't seen/heard anyone that has definitive answers on any of these. If you have someone in mind who has this level of depth, please let us know. I would love to start concentrating my focus on them.

I feel that each of these is an ever changing landscape and we need someone who is not so entrenched in their viewpoint that they can adapt and create a plan that is in the best interests of America. So, I'm open to hearing what any politician has to say about these things.

We've got one of those types of Presidents currently occupying the office. Quite non-entrenched.

SassyLady
12-11-2009, 04:23 AM
We've got one of those types of Presidents currently occupying the office. Quite non-entrenched.

I beg to disagree. He's very entrenched in "fundamentally changing America" into a socialist nation.

Kathianne
12-11-2009, 04:29 AM
I never meant to imply that you are shallow Kat, I was simply pointing out that the majority of America's negative opinions of Palin are the direct result of the non-stop liberal MSM assault on her since she came on the national scene.

Palin was a very popular governor of a very unique state meaning she has the experience necessary to govern and the approval of the majority of those she represented and possesses the attributes of morality, honesty and decency. Certainly puts her ahead of Obama, on that we agree. However, concerning my own experiences, governing a state doesn't mean that she possesses the attributes you are attributing to her. It made her electable, in Alaska.
The amount of media assigned to cover/investigate her was beyond the pale. However, you would have to have a personal relationship, which neither of us do, to say with any validity your opening sentence. [quote]

She is tough. She is electrifying at speeches. Many, many Alaskans seem to love her, including two on this board. I'm not denigrating her, just saying that for me, there is nothing I've seen that would lead me to vote for her at the national level. The 'outsider' to Washington that come to mind is Jimmy Carter. We've got his clone in office right now, though Barack certainly understands the machinations in DC in a way Carter did not.

I find the 'rules' a bit trite, but if it works for you, adhere.

HogTrash
12-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Certainly puts her ahead of Obama, on that we agree. However, concerning my own experiences, governing a state doesn't mean that she possesses the attributes you are attributing to her. It made her electable, in Alaska. [quote[

She is without a doubt a loving, loyal, wife and mother who came from a modest background and if any of these things were not true the leftwing MSM press who have hated, investigated and dug into her past would have found something. The amount of media assigned to cover/investigate her was beyond the pale. However, you would have to have a personal relationship, which neither of us do, to say with any validity your opening sentence. She is tough. She is electrifying at speeches. Many, many Alaskans seem to love her, including two on this board. I'm not denigrating her, just saying that for me, there is nothing I've seen that would lead me to vote for her at the national level. The 'outsider' to Washington that come to mind is Jimmy Carter. We've got his clone in office right now, though Barack certainly understands the machinations in DC in a way Carter did not.

I find the 'rules' a bit trite, but if it works for you, adhere.Well, wherever it was you got your steadfast resolve of Sarah Palin it sounds as though it may now be firmly hardwired into your circuits.

Forgive me if I remain fearfull that if too many people share your rationale,

we will continue to pursue leadership by the same standards that has been sucking us ever closer to an event horizon.

"If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got"

My signature below tells the story of every election\/